[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever got something worthy from sleep deprivation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1462748689685.jpg (117 KB, 600x775) Image search: [Google]
1462748689685.jpg
117 KB, 600x775
I'm planning to restrict my sleep to see if jumping directly to REM during the 4,5 h core and during a nap will allow me to have more control on this state.

Experience hypnagogia and enter consciously into a lucid state, and maybe, learning to nap, enter in that state of mind during the day.

I already have a very strict diet (veggies, meat, seeds, various fats, ...) that annihilates postprandial sleepiness (low carb on 21+3 IF) and promotes wakefulness.
>>
Lol you sleep
What a faggot
That's waste so much time man
1/3 of your life
>>
>>17746004
I have read of hard jhanic states being able to substitute sleep, but of course I'm not on that level. A couple minutes of concentration are refreshing though.
>>
You can get more vivid dreams just by setting an alarm that wakes you up every 3 hours or just by sleeping in two 3 hour periods a day.
>>
>>17746015
>You can get more vivid dreams just by setting an alarm that wakes you up every 3 hours
This makes sense. My first cycles are very close to 1 h 30 min.
>or just by sleeping in two 3 hour periods a day
This could be a viable polyphasic schedule, but I' prefer short naps.
>>
I always have vivid dreams when I sleep with the ceiling light on in my room. Every time, without fail, it gives me these very realistic and adventurous dreams. I found out when I had accidentally fell asleep with the light on one night, and then it became an occasional thing I tried when I wanted a dream.

I'd really like to know if this works for other people since I know most people prefer to sleep in the complete dark. I think there must be a connection between your subconsciousness being more alert when there is light present, but your body is still sleeping.
>>
>>17746001
Don't, it's not worth it
nothing happens
>>
>>17746001
I used to work a graveyard shift job and sleep during the day. I was able to get to sleep very fast and be fully awake 5 hours later. Before that job I had difficulty sleeping at night and felt groggy even with 8 hours of sleep.
>>
Goddamn it i love you guys
>>
IDK about that but you will have crazy real dreams.

I tested this last night.

When I go to sleep. I don't know I fell asleep until I wake up. I rarely have dreams. just blackness, and sweet slumber.

Last night I stayed up for almost 26 hours. I go to sleep and have the following dreams in order. Nothing is altered. I'll also give my interpretation of them

1. I'm at my college taking an english class. I turn around and see the male professor playing the new Doom that came out on his P.C. From here I begin playing Doom with him without any prior build-up. I end up killing him once. At then end of the game some woman comes up to me and says "you shouldn't kill him. He gets angry when he dies." (IDK i've been playing a lot of dom here lately so that's probably it.

2. I'm in the army. I'm in Iraq during the intense shit in the early 2000s. We end up capturing some guy in an orange jumper. He's at my feet with his hands tied behind his back. I pull out my combat knife and slit his throat. I particularly remember how easy the knife cut him and being grossed out by the lack of resistance his neck gave me. I also remember his blood running down my hands. (no fucking clue)

3. I'm at my senior high graduation. We're all in line receiving our candles and shit when some kid (I know him) kicks me. This kid is low in the hiearchy of high school. So I kick him back. Only this time we've jumped to the top bleachers. He falls off and snaps his spine. paralyzed from the waist down. Everyone hates me after this. (Still no fucking clue. I even like this guy so no idea)

WTF /x/.
>>
>>17748247
P.S. I wasn't lucid in any of these. They felt real as shit and I didn't know until I woke back up.
>>
Why would you wanna fucking up your sleep schedule/harm your body when you can easily just meditate before bed and be lucid in dreams?

Iv been doing this every night before sleep and now im able to fly in any dream I want cause I remember how to will myself to fly in dreams.
>>
>>17747580
I just tend to sleep better during the day. Much deeper sleep. At night I am typically restless.
>>
>>17748287
>you can easily just meditate
Because it's not that easy for everyone. I did FILD tonight and I would just forget about my finger and lose consciousness for a brief moment. That happened a couple of time until I fall asleep.

I want to follow the most straightforward approach. Tonight I slept ~4,5 h as planned, and ~1,5 h in the afternoon. It could take a week or more but I'll get used to this with full wakefulness.

Then, It's not that polyphasic is bad. I'm cutting my sleep during the night to build *sleep pressure* for the daily naps. The more I can take, the better it is. I will basically enter **deep meditative states**.
>>
>>17749449
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_nidra
>>
No. It was horrible. The pharmacist refused to sell me diphenhydramine because I'm asthmatic. I almost wept in front of everyone. My "record" is 53 hours.
>>
>>17746001
holy shit dude looks like hell.
>>
>>17750461
It's photoshopped
It's from a Filthy Frank facebook post
>>
Nigga just don't close yo eyes haha just don't sleep lmao
>>
>>17750520
Thanks for that heads-up!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.