[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads, I've recently learned of the concept of tulpas. Apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-5_Dhyani_Buddhas01.jpg (18 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
250px-5_Dhyani_Buddhas01.jpg
18 KB, 250x205
Lads, I've recently learned of the concept of tulpas. Apparently they're sentient beings that you create with your mind over a long and thorough process lasting many accumulative hours.

I did some research on the matter and decided I'm interested in trying to create one. I don't know why I want to necessarily...it's not like I need the extra company. I'm married, have a large number of siblings, a few really close friends, and I cherish the alone time I can get. So, you'd think I'm the last person that should want one, but I do. So there it is.

Is it a bad idea? Any horror stories? I already know about the screaming pinky pie pasta. I want to make a female tulpa that's like, 8.5/10 with a great sense of humor to just engage in shenanigans with.
>>
>>17745210
sounds like you need a divorce
>>
>>17745212
Whatevs dawg. The sexual aspect of it would be minute. Also, if anything sexual DID result from it then it would likely discourage me from trying to cheat with a real person, if I even wanted to.

It's not about being unhappy with my sex life, but you go ahead and judge me once you've slept exclusively with only one person for 8 years straight.
>>
>>17745212
Ouch that hurts men
>>
>>17745219
tulpas are probably just demons who feed off your soul/energy
so either way you're retarded
>>
>>17745224
I dunno about that. It seems to me that they're just mental constructs of your own machination. Like a really intense, fully realized imaginary friend. Or like Jarvis in the Iron Man suit. That's the inpression I get anyways.

Even if it is born from my own mind, it could still be interesting to interact with. We don't know much about our own subconscience, and doing something like this could give one some insight into what makes themselves tick.
>>
>>17745224
I don't know where you autists get this information.

Just go here:
http://community.tulpa.info/
>>
>>17745242
so why are you afraid to call it an imaginary friend lol?
>>
>>17745258
OP here. The same reason weeaboos don't like it when people call anime "cartoons" or calling cosplay what is is: dressup
>muh maturity
Slapping a fancy term on something gives the participant a false sense of legitimacy.

So yes I want an imaginary fucking friend apparently because I am probably crazy as fuck.
>>
>>17745268
community.tulpa.info
>>
>>17745277
I guess having your own discussion about it doesn't interest you.
This board is seriously slow and you're actively attempting to end discussion on a thread.
>>
>>17745210
I had two tulpas when I was a kid. Didn't realize it existed for other people, but I had legit conversations with one of them at one point.
The first one was my shadow, which I called Junior and played with everyday because I was a loner kid, until I could hear him talk sometimes and give his own ideas for games. Because I acquired friends which were more fun, I slowly dropped Junior by the time I was 7.
The other one was Estefan, a spirit, "wise scholar and fearsome warrior" ( I actually wrote that in one of my drawings representing his former human form, maximum cringe ) and lasted through most of my childhood.
He lived in my window, his "face" was made from the cracks and the window shape somehow. He didn't have a physical body that I imagined moving but a consistent and fairly developed personality along with a "inner light" ie I knew if he was there or not by looking at the window.
He worked like an advisor and a protecter from my nightmares, childhood night visions and sleep paralysis. Also discouraged me from being an asshole and used to be mad at me when I did something I felt was wrong. When I didn't feel him some days, I assumed he went to fight or talk to some other spirits. And when he 'got back' he used to tell me about his adventures. I had constructed a whole mythos of spirits and monsters from it that I'm going to try and reconstruct from my notes and memories when I get back home.
It slowly faded when I was 12 years old because I talked to him less and less until I didn't feel him at all. I have a fond memory of that time though I don't say that story to most people because it is weird as fuck.
>>
>>17745300
I have a similar experience.
Well...right now I believe that I have always had a tulip without knowing.
Her name was "Spectre" and the other one was named "God" both of these tulpas would just pop up in my head at random moments. It felt weird and I actually didn't know what they were, they would whisper to me and give me advice. Spectre was a little bit distant,and god. God would always appear when I needed him,he was always there to give me advice,he would normally whisper. His voice wasn't very clear.
As I mentioned before I didn't know what these entities were,I was confused af and I thought I was crazy.
But I simply ignored that fact.
Now...I-I barely even feel their presence.
Is there a way I could strengthen my relationship with them?
How can I continue taking to them?
How do I get their attention?
>>
Be ready to give it attention
>>
>>17745210
>tfw you can't play pool with nail
>>
>>17745268
If you know one way find new ones, that's how you make it accessible.
>>
Believe it or not, "tulpae" are actually beings you breathe life into. They are not just "in your head" they are everywhere just waiting for someone to bring life to them.
>>
create a jackie chan tulpa
>>
>>17746043
After I couldn't make my minesweeper joke? No thank you Have fun with your magazines.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.