[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep Paralysis Shortly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: dreams_by_whisperfall.jpg (133 KB, 900x1001) Image search: [Google]
dreams_by_whisperfall.jpg
133 KB, 900x1001
What's up /x/ right now I'm stoned as fuck and I can't remain still without my body starting to feel as if it's going into paralysis.
That being said tonight I am going to be falling asleep here soon to sleep it off.
I will defenitely experience sleep paralysis tonight.

Any tips on how to get out of it or turn it into a dream? Also I'll post my experience when I wake from it.
>>
I can no longer feel my legs, I'll do my best to turn it into a Lucid Dream or OBE. I just hope I don't see demonic figures. Wish me luck /x/
>>
good luck :D

I'll dream too... maybe I'll see u there
>>
Do you all experience it often? I've never dealt with it before in my life and then it happened to me 6 times in the past week and it's freaking me out. Anyway good luck man, don't get stuck
>>
>>17744707
Uhh stay calm. You already know what's going on. When paralysis hits me, I have a mountain of foreknowledge waiting. Yes it's still spooky, but stay calm.
>>
Wiggle your toes
Seriously
>>
File: SP.jpg (15 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
SP.jpg
15 KB, 650x365
>>17744653
OP Here this morning, so last night I got really paranoid, ended up getting restless leg syndrome for 20 minutes. I sat down and crossed my legs and played a bit of CSGO talking to people to keep my mind occupied.
As I would play I felt my legs get warm, my body got warm then finally I couldn't feel my legs or feet. It felt like all of my body went into paralysis except my head and my hands.
Finally I gave in

>I laid down, decided to wrap a blanket up and use it as a blindfold/pillow
>Turn the TV up as background noise
(otherwise I'd hear a loud ringing as I entered SP)
>Can't feel my body anymore, sensation is at my head
>thisisit.exe
>Sounds from the TV get distorted, my eyes begin to see back figures moving despite my eyes being covered by another blanket
>I heard a voice right next to my left ear as if someone were laying next to me.
>Multiple times I could've swore I heard the door to my room open
>Finally the ringing came, I managed to calm myself and go to sleep peacefully.

Sorry this is uneventful as fuck but I just really wanted to get it off my chest, last night I also didn't want to feel alone in this, hence why I played CS:GO a bit.

I've always wanted to experience SP in the past but what I experienced last night sucked.
It felt like shit was from a Nightmare on Elm Street scene.
>>
File: spookster.jpg (80 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
spookster.jpg
80 KB, 500x471
If anyone has any stories or experiences please share them.
I'm really curious to know what spooky shit has happened to most of you out there.
>>
>>17744653
i get it 2-4 times a week and after i wake up im soaked head to toe in sweat its horrible! why would u wanna induce it?
>>
I've only had sleep paralysis once, and it actually wasn't unpleasant. I remember that I was sleeping on my side when I opened my eyes and saw that everything in my room had a weird blocky texture like all of the colors were mixing and shifting and they were moving subtly. I could hear some sort of deep chanting that sounded very Gregorian. The door to my room was open and I could see a small child in the hallway outside my room and he seemed to be running towards me in slow motion, but also didn't seem to be going anywhere. He was completely dark and shadowy with shadows surrounding him. Thinking about it now it's really eerie but at the time I was completely at ease and calm, and I remember that I wasn't really thinking about anything. I laid there watching the kid for what felt like about 5 minutes before I closed my eyes again. I've never had a major episode of sleep paralysis since then
>>
File: 1450233633611.jpg (128 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1450233633611.jpg
128 KB, 640x960
>>17745494
I used to want to induce it to experience it, but last night I was stoned out of my mind and I couldn't control whether or not I went into SP everytime I stayed still.

My body began to feel as if a thousand pins were jabbing me at once and a loud high pitched noise grew steadily as I layed still watching a video on Terrence McKenna and DMT.

There's the curiosity of it which is why I want to do it, but not when I'm stoned and paranoid.
>>
>>17745542
Hm, interesting. Ultimately I'd like to experience SP myself but not in a state of paranoia like I was last night when I was high as fuck and could barely talk.
It felt that whenever I stayed still, my legs would go into paralysis and I could feel it work it's way up into my body and it'd stop at my head and my finger tips. I
>>
>>17745565
Well that doesn't sound fun. I consider myself pretty lucky that I've never had a terrible SP experience
>>
>>17745565
I used to get all too often at one time in my life. At first it was pretty frightening bc I had no idea what was going on and I did see 'shadow people'. As I became more aware of it the less of a big deal it became like the fear fuels it.

I will tell you this. I'm under the belief that it happens when your mind is in a state of unbalance. Chemicals and whatnot. At its peak I was drinking and using a lot. Going through all those ups and downs was really fucking with my balance. So take that with a grain of salt as for your own drug use.
>>
>>17744653
first off, you shouldnt smoke if u wana lucid dream. second if you really want to lucid dream... just will it. mentally/physically want nothing but to obtain it, and after each night you will have more and more vivid dreams untill it happens.. and it probably wont last long because you have no way of interpreting energy/ storing energy (energy body)... so it will probably be like 10-30mins long if your luck
>>
>>17745054
This is far from a case of sleep paralysis

You should get yourself checked out by a neurologist

Probably have a big ass tumour that needs popping,I hope it's not but it may very well be
>>
File: 1392440187579.png (457 KB, 395x599) Image search: [Google]
1392440187579.png
457 KB, 395x599
I believe the only time i have ever experienced sleep paralysis is when i was trying to get some sleep late night just before one of my exams in highschool so this was several years ago.

I finally hit the slammer and then my dream involves me thinking i woke up and i was facing my closet which is directly opposite side of my room towards my bed. I saw a black child running at me but the only thing i could move were my eye lids. As the child like figure ran at me and i closed them i noticed once i opened them a few seconds after this he started walking back into the closet but almost immediately after i opened them he started running at me as if he didnt have a fucking front or back he could just move his joints however he pleased therefore the image of him moving back into the closet was a farce and he ran at me again this time i was fucking terrified and i woke up.

For some odd reason that morning my exam didn't go as bad because i was completely calm and not nervous at all as if i just experienced something worse than the dumb anticipation of an important exam which i already studied for.

But yeah sleep paralysis can be fucked eh?
>>
had two episodes of SP early this morning
>first one not really too bad
>woke up couldn't move but open eyes
>relax go back to sleep
>second one was like a kick to the ribs
>having crazy dream about my brother that was totally not like him, just weird stuff can't remember
>woke up in SP but with seizures
>major pain to left ribs, like being stabbed or gutted
>don't know how long this was
>kinda remember neice walking in & asking me if I wanted to be woken & then she left
>don't know if this was real
>in my mind was crying dear God Jesus help me
>somehow faded back to sleep

more than 10 years of this randomly happening to me, still as freaky as the first time.
forgot to mention that I was browsing /x/ a while before I went to bed, probably what brought it on
>>
Not really sure why but I only get SP at summers, almost every summer I get 1 or 2 episodes of SP, they're not very consistent on me.
>>
When I was 16-18 I experienced SP a lot. I can remember one time really vividly:
It was in the afternoon and I was sleepy and decided to take a nap. At this time I had experienced it a lot and it was annoying to me. I go into my parents room shut all the curtains and it's pretty dark. Just some light from the sides. I lay in bed, I'm on my back and I start dozing. It's always at that moment when I feel it coming upon me. As a result I try to stay awake or get up but I'm just so tired I say fuck it and let it take over.
I can't move. I'm trying my hardest. I can't speak. I can't do anything but hear shit. All of a sudden I hear my the room door opening and hear a little girl running up to me by my right ear and start laughing. At this point I'm still trying to move but I can't. Then the laughing stops and now demonic voices start. And I can hear them as if they were all around the room floating above me. At this point I was fucking freaked out cause that had never happened before. I felt myself trying to speak more but I couldn't but In my head I was saying "fuck off", "leave me the fuck alone" like hostile shit to them.
Then I started hearing the demonic voices say "kill them, kill them!"
And before I knew it everything stopped.... I was so fucking freaked out. I immediately got up and when out of the apt.
After that exp I had a fear of sleeping for a while

I'm 25 now and I've never had an exp like that. Even living by myself. I have had SP but it just hasn't been that bad. And I feel like if I think about SP before going to sleep it comes. Not all the time but maybe 70% of the time.
>>
Here's one rather terrifying (for me). As I fell asleep I found myself in a quite vivid dream. Not so while after, I started mocking "God". And all of a sudden, I felt a mental transition from a vivid dream to a lucid one. It started to feel unbelieveably real and then I felt this unbelieveable amount of rage that wasnt mine. I got scared and aborted the lucid dream. I was in SP and paranoid. My heart was beating so hard and I felt this weight on my chest. Im an atheist and my whole family is religious. I still dont believe in "god" but if there is one, (s)he ceirtanly isn't a butcher we made up. This happened last night after a rather difficult emotional day.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.