[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hanging Rock, NC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: preview.jpg (81 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
81 KB, 800x480
This place is haunted.
>>
File: 1446089636844.jpg (64 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1446089636844.jpg
64 KB, 495x700
Oh yeah? I used to live in Eden, then Reidsville and now Greensboro, and I've been there plenty of times, but never during the night. Never heard of it being haunted.
>>
>>17738878
I'm in High Point, I can see Hanging Rock from my building on a clear day!
I've ain't never heard none bout it being hainted.
>>
>>17738878
>>17738980
>>17739454(me)
nice to see some carolinabros on /x/ !
sooooo, what is haunted?
I mean .....Jamestown underpass....
but every other town has THAT story.
>>
File: big_dresser.jpg (177 KB, 1154x1061) Image search: [Google]
big_dresser.jpg
177 KB, 1154x1061
>>17738878
>>17738980
forgot the obligatory giant furniture for saying I live in High Point
>>
I'm here like every other weekend.. Never heard of it being haunted
>>
>>17739465
Is this proof that giants once walked the Earth?
>>
>>17739744
yep....sure
why the fuck not?
left by the ancients and shit
>>
Raleigh here, never been to Hanging Rock but I might go if it's haunted.
>>
>>17738980

Hey, I live in Reidsville.

Nothing spoopy ever happens here.
>>
>>17740732

I'll ad the only spooky stuff here was centered around the old berry hill bridge and mansion, which during the satanic scares of the late 80s and 90s had a lot of strange activity. But the residence burned down and the cool old iron bridge was replaced with a modern one.

I really can't think of anything else with spooptastic connections around here.
>>
I'm down south east of the city. Is it worth the drive up there to check it out?
>>
I grew up in south va, visited there plenty of times. Walked most of the trails & camped there and it just seemed normal
>>
I've actually been to this park. I was there with my wife and my son. We came across some creepy guy taking pics of some teen girl on a small waterfall. We assumed he was her dad. He was yelling at her for not posing right. Fuckin north cackalacka is a trip
>>
Any WNC bros know of any cool haunted places on the Parkway? Bonus points for campgrounds.
>>
Greensboro checkin in...not much spook here
>>
>>17738878
In what way is it haunted? Details please.
>>
my girlfriend and her mom had a bloated, wet, dead looking man chase after their car and try to open their car door at 3 am on a supposedly haunted bridge in concord nc. 100% guarantee they arent lying, i get weirded out whenever i drive over it
>>
Yeah, I heard it's haunted. People said that if you jump off this cliff that you'll die
>>
>>17739460
Shallotte. Some people think Brunswick Inn might be haunted.

Also I'm 100% certain that the green swamp has inbred hillbilly mutants.
>>
>>17741195
Do you know any haunted places in Horry County (Myrtle Beach).

What else is haunted south of Wilmington?
>>
Live in Raleigh, from Charlotte. I think there was some stuff with Chimney Rock (http://www.northcarolinaghosts.com/mountains/chimney-rock-apparitions.php), but never heard anything about Hanging Rock.

Also only know Devils Tramping Ground and the Brown Mountain Lights. NC is boring.
>>
>>17741685

There's lots of spoop stories on the coast. The Gray Man before hurricanes, Roanoke colony's story, the hotel at unc-chapel hill further inland. There's lots of NC stuff, just not in the piedmont area really.

I guess there's the devil's stomping grounds outside of Siler city.
>>
Alright, OP here. I am ready to tell you all the full story of what happened at Hanging Rock. This all happened to me 2 days ago (just this past Wednesday evening) and I am still having trouble shaking off some of the feelings I am still feeling since that night. First time /x/ poster btw. Posting story below.
>>
Wednesday morning 5/25/16, my girlfriend mentioned to me that she was going to go to Hanging Rock in NC because she had never been there before. She typically is a very artistic person who likes to photograph nature and just enjoy silence and solitude. There have also been no other reporting to my knowledge via Google that Hanging Rock has any supernatural presence. During our stay, we encountered more than just one.
>>
So that morning, I agreed to join her for the 2 hour drive up to Hanging Rock. When we got up there, we were in a very good mood from listening to John Denver and Fleetwood Mac. Shortly after entering the forest for the 1.3 mile hike to hanging rock (see picture) I began to get kind of cranky. Anyways, there was a little bit of distance between her and I and we eventually climbed to the top of Hanging Rock on our own time, me being the last to get up there. At this time it must have been around 7 or 8pm but we had no idea because the sunset was just beginning to Fall and we had left our phones in the car.

As we began to sit atop that exact ledge in the picture, my angsty mood began to pull me towards the ledge. She asked me, "do you want to jump?" I said "yes". She replied, "me too". we talked about our experiences with suicidal thoughts, but the longer we stayed up there, the more she began to feel the pull to jump off, not necessarily because of suicide, but some sort of pull... curiosity she explained it.
>>
Well my tendencies when with girls are to linger and cuddle so I was in no rush to head back down, despite the fact the the sun was setting fast and the darkness was approaching. Despite the darkness coming down, I didn't even think twice about the fact that way would have to climb down the trail into the woods and walk the 30 minute walk back to the parking lot.

I was relaxed at this point, but my girlfriend was starting to get sucked into looking off the edge saying, "don't let me jump". She wouldn't do it, she said, but she didn't trust herself. After all, she kept quoting that the reason why people are afraid of ledges aren't because they are afraid they'll fall, they are afraid that they'll jump.
>>
At this point the sunset was beautiful and I still wasn't concerned, but her uneasiness was growing. She then saw a Will-o'-Wisp. I was like "what's that? some sort of wasp?". She said no, she said it's like a firefly but bigger. About 20 minutes later when we finally started coming to the realization that it was going to be pitch black for the majority of the hike down, we decided to began heading back. This is when the feelings of uneasiness started to take over me. As we kept walking she asked me if I knew what a Will-o'-Wisp was. I said that I had no idea. She then told me that they are somewhat playful spirits that are known to catch traveller off guard and district them into getting lost off the trail. Makes sense in hindsight that the Will-o'-Wisp only caught her eyes and that it was dancing around the edge of the cliff on there side of where we were sitting. This is when I started getting spooked and my thoughts of suicide began to increase. We then realized that we were walking the wrong path down the mountain and had to quickly get back up to the top and rethink where the path was.
>>
>>17738878
I think I just found my next vacation spot.
>>
I didn't want us to feed off of this fright, because I was trying to convince myself that these feelings were just our own insecurities manifested in our own minds. This may be true, and I decided to tell my girlfriend despite hesitating that it was possible that someone had probably jumped off the ledge at Hanging Rock.

I just thought that I wouldn't be surprised if someone had...

She replied hastily, "don't say that". So we kept walking and her broken foot was starting to hurt her. The light was starting to go away almost completely as we had trouble finding places for our feet to step next. Slowly but surely we were getting closer to the bottom of Hanging Rock just between the base of the cliff and the heart of the woods. From here we still had about 1 mile of walking to go through the pitch black woods.
>>
When we got to the bass of Hanging Rock, I began to feel an overwhelming presence and goosebumps quickly raised all over my body. I felt a tremendous sadness and my face began to reflect that of heavy despair. I started sniffling, I felt scared, and on the verge of tears. The presence I felt was so angry about the experiences it missed. I could feel the presence of someone who died falling off that cliff (or one nearby). Either way, it was there next to me, watching me and my girfriend, but especially manifesting its energies onto me. I am a male, and believe this ghost was a male as well.

As I kept walking I felt completely and utterly helpless as if the spirit had been trying to get me to feel the feelings it felt just before it died. Despair, anger from the sudden loss of all the opportunities he was pursuing. Complete anger and even some agitation about my presence. The agitation the spirit felt was strong, but its yearning to be understood was even stronger. At this point I was scared out of my mind.

I kept walking though and then all of a sudden my nose sniffling was getting worse. My girlfriend asked if I was ok. I said, “yeah.” but in truth I was feeling so helpless, the kind of helplessness that the ghost had felt near his death. And then I just started bawling. I just began to cry because the emotions I felt were so strong, and obvious. I couldn't hold back the despair and my face began to just look that of utter helplessness. The spirit seemed to be mildly pleased at my understanding for his encounter, but he was still angry nonetheless. And then I decided to look behind me.
>>
I looked over my right should just barely, not even all the way around and I saw him. A white boy about the age of 19 – 22 with short brown hair, a scarred bloody face with deep dark angry eyes and a white shirt. He had rock climbing gear strapped on his chest. I then looked forward and as I kept walking away from the bass of the cliff and further into the path ahead of me which was lined with sand and straightforward, the spirit continued to follow me for a short while, slowly giving me more and more space. I could feel his eyes everynow and then. But I could also feel him look away. There was no goodbye, but at one point he did leave me alone. My girlfriend did not feel him as much as I did, the pull that she had felt when we were at the top of the cliff was a different spirit, not the boy. But the boy reached out to me. And I like that.

There is more to the story. Some of the things that my girlfriend felt as we left the woods were more malicious than the boy. The spirits she felt were what were pulling her to jump off of Hanging Rock. I felt it too, but it knew that I had already made up my mind to not jump. In her case, not so much, so that spirit took a liking to her. And as we left the woods, she felt it so strong, as black tentacles she described trying to pull us back into the woods. I still want to cry sometimes because of what I felt there. I still do cry, and that was just two days ago that this happened!!
>>
>>17742098
Oh look, it's the shitty story teller who writes like a wanna be novelist! Still making shit up I see. They must be paying you the big bucks!
>>
File: 20120712_140105_1_orig.jpg (417 KB, 1800x1020) Image search: [Google]
20120712_140105_1_orig.jpg
417 KB, 1800x1020
So yeah, on the way back i google searched "Hanging Rock Suicide". There are no accounts of any suicide at Hanging Rock, but a young man (rock climber) named Eric Metcalfe died July 8th, 2012 while rock climbing over there. He would have been 1 year younger than me had he still been alive. Eric apparently played classical music, loved Bach, and was a student at UNC Chapel Hill. He was also a member of the Triangle Rock Club. I think I would have gotten along with him, so I am thankful that he reached out to me so wholeheartedly. I still get teary eyed just thinking about him. Perhaps the pull that my girlfriend felt to jump caused him to make a mistake and fall while climbing. Either way, those woods are not the same at night as they are during the day. Here's a picture of Eric, and those cold dark eyes that I saw when I looked behind me.
>>
File: 20120712_140420_1_orig.jpg (470 KB, 1350x1800) Image search: [Google]
20120712_140420_1_orig.jpg
470 KB, 1350x1800
>>
>>17742105
Lol seriously bro? You fucking suck at this. When did you start shilling here? Last week? Lol
>>
File: 200w_d-1.gif (75 KB, 200x280) Image search: [Google]
200w_d-1.gif
75 KB, 200x280
>>17742102
Agreed. Didn't fucking green text it
>Not that hard.
>>
>Be SC fag
>No good spook places outside of Charleston
Am I living under a rock or is this state just boring?
>>
>>17742091

It's a nice place but there's jack shit to do in the area unless you like meth.

t. LEO who works in the tri county area
>>
>>17742180
You aren't in law enforcement. We both know you are a liar.
>>
>>17742180
I guess I should mention there are other attractions nearby, though.

It is close to pilot mountain and mount airy, but mount airy is more of an old folks sort of place for Andy Griffith fans.
>>
>>17742192

Sitting in my office in rockingham county right now. Not sure what is weird about that.

Not going to take a picture of anything with identification on it, but I am not sure why that is an odd claim.
>>
>>17742200
Because you spend a great majority of your time on the internet, across many websites spewing bullshit. I wouldn't call what you do "law enforcement" at all.
>>
>>17742105
>loved Bach

Fucking normie.
>>
>>17738878
is it true for chimney rock ?
>>
>>17742213

What in the fuck are you talking about. I'm not the OP.
>>
>>17742222
>>17742222
I don't know about chimney rock. I don't really follow this stuff :/ it just sort of latched on to me an my girl once the sun started setting.

We were pretty shaken up. But then we had Waffle House and listened to neurosis on the way back. So it was all good, but the spirits that contacted us were completely different. I encountered Eric and she was being pulled by something darker and less human.
>>
>>17740385
Another Raleigh person. Never heard of it being haunted, but it's a gorgeous place anyway. I'd recommend going if you just like mountains or nature.
>>
>>17742664
thats the thing though. i never even heard of it being haunted or cared for that matter. but when nightfall came around, that place was a twisted. just spreading the word.

Go there at night though =P. The didn't give off that vibe at all. But night time. I implore you to go out there and watch the sunset. It gets a little erie. I plan on going back and giving some gifts to Eric, but not at night... just gonna give him the gifts during the day and then let him enjoy it on his own at night. Never felt anything like it. I mean, I was sobbing, completely desperate crying with so much despair. I have no idea how that could happen without the presence of another spirit transferring its feelings over to me.
>>
Triangle checking in. New to the area, any good spooks?
>>
>>17739454
I'm right outside High Point.

If you find the old milk farm in trinity, off covered bridge road, I assure spoopy-ness. Lil girl screams, sounds of animals not being there, electronics acting weird. It's a strange place.
>>
I'm in Tennessee, anything neat on the border?
>>
>>17740808
Swva here ! Do you know any other supposedly haunted spots near us ?
>>
>>17738878
student about an hour away from here.. been twice no spooky occurences
>>
>>17742200
fuck you, pig
>>
Anyone know of any good haunted or spooky places around Boone or around the High Point area?
>>
>>17745283
then go at night when the park closes (OP Here)
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.