[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Johnny Quasar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: JimmyjqAttack.gif (15 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
JimmyjqAttack.gif
15 KB, 160x120
Pic related

You guys remember that old Nick show Jimmy Neutron, right? The funny cartoon about a smart kid who does crazy stuff with his friends and family that spinned-off into that crappy Planet Sheen show? Well, back in the late 80’s to early 90’s, before it was a show called Jimmy Neutron, it was just a pilot and concepts codenamed “Johnny Quasar.” The concept was the same, smart kid and crazy adventures, but not much is really known about the original Johnny Quasar. Search it up online and the most you’ll find is some concept art, a few screenshots and even a 9-second clip of the original pilot.

Well, if you were a kid like me, then you’d remember the whole pilot. Back in 1994, when I was 6 years old, my dad took me to go to some conference called SIGGRAPH, but since I couldn’t go to the conference itself, I was sent with the other children to another location. This place was where some of the CG animations would be viewed to entertain kids while their parents went off to check out other exhibits. While I was there, us kids saw a lot of stuff, but what would happen soon would put a stop to bringing children to SIGGRAPH.

The next animation would be of “Johnny Quasar”, and since this animation actually seemed like a cartoon a kid would watch, everyone was excited. The pilot started up just like the 9-second clip you see now-a-days, with Johnny introducing himself and his dog Goddard. As it continued, Johnny’s ship was being shot at by some aliens, you know, the kind of stuff that’d be shown off later in Jimmy Neutron. The thing Johnny did was pull out a stick and throw it towards the UFO’s, telling Goddard to fetch and then play dead. When Goddard caught the stick, which was on one of the UFO’s, he exploded and the screen cut to a white for a good 2 minutes.
>>
Then it started fading to black and in the distance you could see someone in the background. I couldn’t make it out at the time, but looking back it seemed that the thing in the background might have been King Goobot

The King Goobot-looking shadow started to say something, but since he was whispering none of us kids could understand everything. The only things I could hear was “... death to all carbon based life…” which would make sense later when the Jimmy Neutron movie came to theaters back in 2001. After a good 5 minutes of mumbling, the shadowy Goobot melted into the floor and it cut to static, cutting once again back to Johnny Quasar, who was crying over Goddard’s mangled wreck of a body for another 2 minutes before Goddard put himself together again. The pilot ended with Johnny back at his home getting a lecture from his parents about going into space without any safety, with the family then staring towards us for the last couple of minutes. The animation itself didn’t seem that special, but for some reason a lot of the kids around me started crying and screaming. When I turned back to the tv, a three-eyed monkey was in the house with Johnny’s family gone and the lights flickering. Before anything else could happen, one of the supervisors turned off the tv and ejected the tape, apologizing for the mishap.

After that day, for next few years, I would have nightmares of that monkey, staring at me from afar, with those 3 eyes of his. When 2001 came around and I saw the Jimmy Neutron movie, I noticed how there was a lot of similarities with it and Johnny Quasar, especially with the robot dog Goddard. As the movie ended and the credits finished, the vanity card for DNA Productions came up, and there he was. That goddamn 3-eyed monkey, who’s now known as Paul, rearing his head again. And once again, children all over the theater were crying after seeing Paul.

There’s something wrong with that monkey, and it has to do with Johnny Quasar.
>>
>>17734645
nice creepypasta m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>17734651
Why does every creepy pasta about cartoons have "faded to black/white for x amount of minutes, or *character* stares at screen for x amount of time, and uncontrollable crying, its boring
>>
>>17734832
It's like a signature. Like "le" of reddit.
>>
I don't need to have as much scientific knowledge as "Johnny Quasar" to know you're retarded.
>>
Wasn't Jimmy called Johnny Quasar in an episode?
>>
>>17734645
SIGGRAPH is a popular computer science conference for signal processing in graphics applications. there are a couple of SIG* conferences for the different applications of signal processing.
>>
>>17735035
In AN episode? I very clearly remember the series being called The Chronicles of Johnny Quasar: Child Savant. I don't understand this 'Jimmy Neutron' business; is this a parallel universe of some sort?
>>
File: johnburger.jpg (98 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
johnburger.jpg
98 KB, 540x720
Hold up, I thought Johnny Quasar premiered in 1995?
>>
I'm sure events and games are labeled the year after the happen.

IE: So & So '05 was released in 2004
>>
>>17735069
Lol it was Jimmy neutron boy genius.. don't play dumb.
>>
So Siggraph is a real thing? I thought this guy made it up.
>>
With a name like that, I have a feeling Jimmy Neutron was originally a Jonny Quest parody.
>>
Goddamn, Johnny has a forehead that could rival Code Lyoko's designs
>>
>>17737252
more like a fivehead lmao
>>
A funny show by that name?
No, I don't recall.
>>
>>17737537
Them's fightin' words
>>
>>17737587
tell me everythin you know about timecube
>>
>>17735069

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one that remembered this!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.