[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to completely eradicate memories? Pic unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Is there a way to completely eradicate memories?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17734059
I did it once, but I can't remember how
>>
>>17734059
A hard enough knock to the head or a combination of drugs should do it.
>>
death, look up coping.
>>
>>17734059
Yes, actually.

I've done it quite a bit while exploring my mental capabilities.

It's surprisingly easy, however it does require time.

This is how you do it.

1. Think of target memory(a)
2. Speculate if it happened or not
3. Start think of a memory(b) you wish to replace it with
3. Speculate whether or not events from memory(b) took place during memory(a)
4. Focus on the difference between (a) and (b). Genuinely confuse yourself as to why as to why memory(a) is there as apposed to memory(b)
5. Start adding events that never happened during memory (a)
6. Speculate over the legitimacy of said events (did they or did they not happen)
7. Reassure yourself that memory(a) was likely a dream do to step 6 and 7. The memory that actually took place was memory(b).

Note: Memory(b) has to be close in the time line so it doesn't create a paradoxical memory.

The mind is very maleable, almost like clay that wants to retain it's original shape. However if you reshape it enough times it will forget or reject it's former state.
>>
>>17734240
How much time do you need to do this?

Does it only work in isolated events when you are alone, or can you convince someone else of the distorted memory?
>>
>>17734240
I can see how this can work for smaller memories, but what if you need to apply it to large scale memories that apply to a majority of your life and the series of memories that follow from that event, can it work in that way? What if you want to forget a name too?
>>
A lot of alcohol.
>>
>>17734277
>>17734282

It works for single events.
the way you get it to work for larger memories is by distorting the key events of that larger memory.

When I originally learned how to do this. I created an entire block of memories that spans over three years that I can barely remember. The stuff I do remember I can't make heads or tails of.
The reason behind this is because the memories I was using to corrupt target memories where that of dreams I've had. Over the years my mind rejected those memories entirely.

There's no way to calculate how long it'll take you to erase memory but I would be careful. You could very easily end up in my shoes.

As for forgetting something small like a name. Idk... I suppose you could try to use similar sounding names/words instead of memories. However I've never experimented with that so I don't know if it'll work.
>>
>>17734059
seems like you never played god of war
>>
File: 1464048587535.png (229 KB, 369x383) Image search: [Google]
1464048587535.png
229 KB, 369x383
>>17734105
>>
File: 1461360910887.jpg (10 KB, 206x195) Image search: [Google]
1461360910887.jpg
10 KB, 206x195
>>17734105
>>
>>17734059
Bleach.
>>
File: Liquor.jpg (37 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
Liquor.jpg
37 KB, 540x300
>Is there a way to completely eradicate memories?

Traditional method
>>
Having a genetic history of Alzheimer's will help.
I have a terrible memory.
:(
>>
>>17734059
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_suppression
>>
>>17734484
Ironic control theory, sounds like a love letter to drinking.
>>
From what I noticed, there are ways to overwrite memories by replacing them with other interpretations, but is there a way delete them as if they never happened in the first place rather than overwriting it?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.