[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way that I can ensure that I don't have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: 1451365515768.jpg (238 KB, 960x824) Image search: [Google]
1451365515768.jpg
238 KB, 960x824
Is there any way that I can ensure that I don't have to reincarnate? Or at the very least choose when I want to reincarnate and who I know when I do? I find life very shitty and most of the people I know or have known have been very terrible people. There are a few people I like who I'd like to know in a future life if possible but most people I know I'd prefer to not have to meet in future lives. is there any type of choice in reincarnation?
>>
>>17733107
How do you know you didn't choose those type of people before you got reincarnated into this life?
>>
File: As Above So Below.jpg (326 KB, 550x688) Image search: [Google]
As Above So Below.jpg
326 KB, 550x688
>>17733107
Maybe it will relax you in some way to know that somewhere out there is a dog who wants to be a human, so it can wander the world without worrying about getting lost
>>
>>17733107
Nope.

The ride never ends.
>>
>>17733130
If I did choose them then I must be pretty stupid. Or my soul/higher self is stupid. Learning experience I guess. Hopefully I choose better people next time.
>>
>>17733153
So there's no waiting period in between lives? I just want some time off. Like a 3 day weekend. If there is no choice then doesn't that mean we're all slaves trapped here?
>>
>>17733107
There are two paths out of samsara: the personal and impersonal path. Whichever your inclined aspect, the Gita recommends meditation and worship on that aspect of the Supreme.

See Chapters 5-10 in the Bhagavad Gita.

Bg 5.16 — When, however, one is enlightened with the knowledge by which nescience is destroyed, then his knowledge reveals everything, as the sun lights up everything in the daytime.
Bg 5.17 — When one’s intelligence, mind, faith and refuge are all fixed in the Supreme, then one becomes fully cleansed of misgivings through complete knowledge and thus proceeds straight on the path of liberation.
Bg 5.18 — The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brāhmaṇa, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater [outcaste].
Bg 5.19 — Those whose minds are established in sameness and equanimity have already conquered the conditions of birth and death. They are flawless like Brahman, and thus they are already situated in Brahman.

Right now it sounds like you would be better off finding ways to travel to the siddhi planets, or merging into Brahman.

Jiv jago. Hare Hare.
>>
>>17733163
Why don't you take a vacation? Are you afraid of highways?
>>
>>17733107
This is a bit unrelated, but does anyone else see the deity's face as very comforting, yet creepy at the same time?
>>
>>17733107
Become a Buddha.
>>
The only escape is to live in the woods, you can practically live there for 3-4 decades and that's pretty good amount of time to spend alone with nature, without the human bullshit, if you kill yourself then you'll probably reincarnate the next day, so that doesn't sound like a good option. I think this is one of the reasons yogis live in mountains, they know this is the only way to escape life.
>>
>>17733267
How would I travel to the siddhi planets?
>>
>>17733276
I meant some time off from this shitty world. Nothing is fun anymore. The only reason I have for living is I like to help people. To a fault though, and it ends up making people take advantage of me. I just want a break from incarnating here. Why incarnate if there's no reason to?
>>
>>17733382
I have always wondered if my path would lead me to living as a hermit in the woods. Is there any way I could set up my next life so that I could start out as a yogi and possibly attain moksha? I feel I'm too tainted this go around, too much anger and ego that I have trouble getting over.
>>
>>17733466
>Why incarnate if there's no reason to?
It's the reason computers crash
>>
>>17733486
Explain pls
>>
There is no choice, you become what you are. Learn from how you live and treat others.
>>
>>17733492
So then theoretically if I committed suicide I was destined to do it anyway and I shouldn't worry about it? I thought there was free will or something.
>>
>>17733163
you'll get some time off to enjoy the fruits of your good karma
atheists will also not reincarnate immediately

the goal is not returning, you may find out how yourself
>>
>>17733496
The perception of having free will is dictated by your subconciousness. You can an hero, the consequece is leaving behind people in sadness, or not having lived life to the fullest. The easy way out is like purchasing the pleb class ticket to another place.
>>
>>17733490
This board is frequented by humans who live on mars and wander about the desert endlessly, but they rarely post, because their posts would surely stand out
>>
>>17733163
>So there's no waiting period in between lives?

According to the Bhagavatam, between lives a jiva is brought before Yamaraja for judgement. According to their karma there may be a period of enjoyment in Heaven or punishment in Hell as the subtle (astral) body is shaped to accept the next corporeal form.

>>17733457
The seven planets of the sages are where those who take the ascetic, astanga yoga path arrive. It is briefly touched upon in the 6th Chapter of the Gita, and in detail by Pantanjali's yoga-sutras. It is a hard path of sacrifice and solitude.

>>17733466
I saw a monk sitting by the river once. He kept reaching his hand into the water, then yelping and pulling it back. As I stepped closer, I saw a mongoose scrambling on the bank of the river. Each time the monk would reach down to help the mongoose up, and each time the mongoose would bite and claw him. "Stop," I said, "Can't you see it's always going to bite you?"

"Oh yes," said the monk, "but can't you see I am always going to offer help?"

>>17733481
Bg 6.41 — The unsuccessful yogī, after many, many years of enjoyment on the planets of the pious living entities, is born into a family of righteous people, or into a family of rich aristocracy.
Bg 6.43 — On taking such a birth, he revives the divine consciousness of his previous life, and he again tries to make further progress in order to achieve complete success, O son of Kuru.
>>
>>17733496
Suicide is tricky. Deliberate destruction of the body can be done for beneficial, or at least honorable/pious reasons. Yet to do so because of bodily or self-interest is a paradoxical show of attachment to the material.

The only free will a jiva has is whether to be deluded into thinking they are responsible for the manifestations of material energy or not. The soul is always under control.

Bg 5.8-9 — A person in the divine consciousness, although engaged in seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, eating, moving about, sleeping and breathing, always knows within himself that he actually does nothing at all. Because while speaking, evacuating, receiving, or opening or closing his eyes, he always knows that only the material senses are engaged with their objects and that he is aloof from them.
>>
Sus
>>
>>17733496
But as somebody who has done this a lot in a lot of different timelines (bad places growing up)
Suicide is kinda pointless if you seriously start pursuing a spiritual path.

In the end nature doesn't really care about suicide, but you totally should, just because you've thought about it, it's assuredly happened in your karma.

You can totally not kill yourself and remedy that karma, or not.
And then when you come back here and read this post again for the "First time" you'll have no idea what the deal with suicide is. Unless you thunk it, you will never get why hip-hip is so trance inducing through it's repitiition.
>>
>>17733163
There is. The equivalent of two weeks or so for most people, depending on their "power level" for the lack of a better term. More occult training & energy body development means longer afterlife.
Where you go depends on your beliefs, there is no THE heaven or THE hell, everyone has their own personal afterlife, their very own subpocket of the astral planes where they spend this period. If you program yourself to believe that afterlife is fucking your cartoon pony waifu, you'll spend a week in your own version of cartoon ponyland doing just that.
After that, your ego is dissolved, memories wiped clean, and you're forced to reincarnate.
>>
You'll have to achieve nirvikalpa samadhi
>>
>>17734006
So we really are slaves here. Great.
>>
>>17734006
Would dark retreats be a good way to develop the energy body?
>>
>>17733525
I feel like I've heard this before. Care to go on?
>>
>>17733988
I want a story time about your different lives. How did you find out about it?

Also just by thinking of suicide you've probably already done it in a past life? Has all the shit that's happened in my life so far already happened too in another time?
>>
>>17733153
Even if it does not end doesn't mean that no one will escape.
>>
>>17733107
You could stay a ghost and haunt something/somewhere. Or you could find a way to become immortal. Can't reincarnate if you don't die.
>>
>>17736084
Or become a sorcerer and hold your being together at the time of death freeing yourself from dissolution. If you have a strong and coherent energy signature it won't dissipate. Then you can basically go wherever you want to experiencing the universe. You might end up deciding to incarnate again somewhere else, so watch out for sensual desires. they are what bring you back to a body. Its possible there are planets you could go to that don't require you to give up your memories, or you could program your next incarnation to wake up and remember your past when you reach certain conditions in the next life. You basically get the infinite intelligence of all your lives to help you plan for your next one.
>>
>>17738043
This is true. There are those who can develop their shakti and will such that they choose the time and place of their death. It is possible to choose where you go.

However, the other poster is correct as well - this is all within the material world, and it is all still under the complete control of Maya.

> Bg 8.16 — From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one who attains to My abode, O son of Kuntī, never takes birth again.
>>
Just do not desire anything at your moment of death. You will remain in infinite void until your will and desire give reason for karma, which starts this whole thing. You do it every time you sleep and wake up in the morning.

Quantum immortality is a theory that states that if you die in any way, lets say commit suicide, you will continue to live on in the timeline/body that survived the death or suicide. Even if it just barely survives.
>>
>>17736084
slaves to the celestial bodies we make up, masters of the biological bodies we are made out of. That's the point of ideantifying yourself with one of these assumed celestial bodies in order to help yourself figure this whole thing out, if you're into that kind of thing.

otherwise just chill out and do whatever comes natural, just like your skin cells keep sweating dirt and your bloodcells keep sharing sugar and oxygen.
>>
>>17733154

You've never wanted to just stick your hand in a blender?

The soul yearns for misery.

>>17738586

Doesn't account for dying of old age, though.
>>
File: dog.jpg (60 KB, 613x600) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
60 KB, 613x600
>>17737982

> be transgender
>be poor
>Live in florida

The first time I knew that I had died, was when I consumed the vinca-rosea. My mom warned me that it would kill me, and so I ate as many as I could.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharanthus_roseus

So after that I met Shiva, who was looking at me from the center of the flower, that I had been counting, cause it was hypnotic, like blowing dandelions.

He told me the secrets of everything in the span of a meditation session, and told me to disseminate it freely, where people talk of strife.

You have been/will be everything and everyone you meet. So learn tolerance for yourself, and then the rest is past lives.

>>17737988
Define escape?
If I ca't click the 'x' at the top-right, I still can get up and go outside.
>>
File: 1463377308677.jpg (869 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
1463377308677.jpg
869 KB, 800x566
>>17738904
>You have been/will be everything and everyone you meet

I learned this from a salvia trip, scared the shit out of me tbqhf

>So learn tolerance for yourself, and then the rest is past lives

This is what fucks me up. So once I accept myself I can learn about my past lives and stuff? Fuck, that's going to be hard I kind of cringe at myself everyday.
>>
>>17738763
I did that once but the blender shorted out

Maria makes me bulletproof
>>
>>17738561
How can I develop my shakti?
>>
>>17740020
Simplicity, regulation, meditation, asceticism, renunciation, sacrifice, lack of distraction, exercise, celibacy, maintaining as non-violent a diet as you can, sleeping only as necessary to keep mind and body healthy.

One can also supplicate the gods, but doing the above will increase your chance of being noticed.
>>
>>17740125
Would dark retreats help? Lucid dreaming?
>>
File: paramatma yogi.jpg (76 KB, 250x329) Image search: [Google]
paramatma yogi.jpg
76 KB, 250x329
>>17740131
If the wiki is fairly accurate, I think to be properly conditioned for a dark retreat means you are in communication with people far more knowledgeable about it than I, and they should be the ones to say if you are ready or not.

> Dark Retreat in the Himalayan tradition is a restricted practice only to be engaged by the senior spiritual practitioner under appropriate spiritual guidance.

Sensory deprivation can be helpful, but the Gita leans more toward productive engagement of the senses rather than completely tuning them out.

> Bg 3.4 — Not by merely abstaining from work can one achieve freedom from reaction, nor by renunciation alone can one attain perfection.

Personally, I say use a dark retreat as a meditative tool to understand your separation with the physical body.

>Lucid dreaming?

This - and the dark retreat in a way - seem to me to indicate a desire for subtle body existence. Mind, intelligence, ego - the astral body as I understand the word. Obtaining such things are good indicators of your progress, but they are not goals.
>>
>>17740187
I did my own 5 day dark retreat and I starting seeing flashing lights and all sorts of colorful shapes. It was awesome and weird at the same time. My dreams were also extremely vivid.
>>
>>17740189
started*
>>
>>17740187
I live in bumfuck VA and am less than an hour away from an accomplished master of Tibetan dream yoga and freaky Bön shit. It's not hard to find.
>>
>>17740280
I live in bumfuck VA too! Where you at VAbro? I'm in Cville. And what Tibetan dream yoga master do you speak of?
>>
>>17740301
I'm in lunchbag, vagina.
Tenzin wangyal rinpoche. He's right out in Nelson. You're probably closer. Ligmincha institute. I want to go but the or money is never quite right. I don't know if they do dark retreats but there's enough caves in rockbridge county to make it happen old school.

Obviously this is a bit of a special case but the Tibetan diaspora has really opened up the availability of advanced practice. Not that they will transmit it, but they are out there and I know many do outside the reach of the orthodoxy. Then there's some Zen centers where it isn't so protected a practice. We have like 10 between here and NC.
>>
>>17733149
some deep shit anon

bump whilst high
>>
Sometimes I think there is only one timeline and you live infinite lives until you are able to ascend to a higher plane.
That higher plane can be interpreted as near the end of human civilization where technology and spiritually is one. No prejudice or suffering because everyones needs are filled and science has gotten to a point where all things are mostly taken care of. Crime and corruption does not exist.
The lower planes would living in the past where corruption is rampant and you can only put faith in the word of man.
It can work like this: you are born in 1988 and experience a life in one part of the great timeline. Depending on how well you scored you either get to experience the future or get thrown into the past, like be reborn as a child of a peasant during the middle ages or repeat the same years as now but as a different person, like being born in mainland China in 1988.
>>
>>17733163
>So there's no waiting period in between lives?

You wouldn't be conscious of it if there were, just as you are not conscious of any old lives.

It's a clean slate.
>>
Why are the Indian deities always blue, with white skin underneath?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.