[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is magic real? Is it possible to learn spells like telekinesis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x427
Is magic real?

Is it possible to learn spells like telekinesis?
>>
File: 1270408267645.jpg (34 KB, 429x435) Image search: [Google]
1270408267645.jpg
34 KB, 429x435
>>
Science is amazing.
>>
Are you trying to duel class as a mage/psionic?
>>
>>17732239
But seriously, in my theoretical constructs, tk is the shakiest one I have, I think. Outer- body- electron- manipulation? Remote influence over some other wavelength or energy? Maintaining the principles of the object you affect? Would be very finess driven, I imagine.
>>
>>17732254
Or extrmely dangerous to the user
>>
>>17732254
What are your less shaky constructs
>>
>>17732264
Also a fair point in the continuum that such an effect could occur.
>>
No magic isn't what you think it is. All "magic" is done through demonic spirits and you don't get to choose to do it, they choose you.

If you can't do it, good. If you can. Read a Bible and get saved. Its not a good thing to get wrapped up into. Your life will only spiral wildly out of control.
>>
>>17732302
This isn't true. What you are talking about is just conjuration. Their are many beings you can talk to most more advanced than humans on many levels. Don't let fear keep you from fighting for your spiritual freedom. If you learn the basics of how to use your astral and energy body. You can do pretty much anything by yourself. Its a large universe full of many strange places and beings. I think the reason religion tries to defame occultism is that it goes against their beliefs about god and the universe. Why read and believe a book that was written thousands of years ago. Its a tool to keep many people thinking the same thoughts about reality. Astral experiences can show us that things aren't black and white. Real truth and knowledge requires critical thought investigation and experience. As always love leads to happiness. Treat others as you would wish to be treated.
>>
File: 008.png (161 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
008.png
161 KB, 900x1200
>>17732228
Maybe, Franz Bardon makes some quite outrageous claims on what's possible on his books.
Let's see... you perhaps saw this image before, but it is not complete. It's a bit human-centric. There's a "lower" (farther from spiritual would be a better description) level, where demons exist. We might say that is the truly physical level.
Here, in our less really physical level, some weird shit is possible with magic, but that would require a lot of training and/or being "gifted" (personally I don't believe in gifted persons; I think natural ability for magic comes from training in prior incarnations; one thing I believe carries over later lives is this).
>>
>>17732228

Ritual magic is real but it only works if you believe it works.
>>
Magick isn't the same as in dungeons and dragons. It's real, yeah, but don't expect to be casting fireballs.
>>
File: movie.jpg (494 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
movie.jpg
494 KB, 960x1440
>>17732464
Now this reminds me of something.
>>
>>17732302
This is absolute bullshit.

>>17732350
This anon here is telling the truth. You go, anon
>>
>>17732474
But I wanna be a pyromancer...
>>
>>17732439
So how do I into telekinesis?
>>
>>17732483
B team says no
>>
File: goldenbough.jpg (8 KB, 182x278) Image search: [Google]
goldenbough.jpg
8 KB, 182x278
>>17732475

Read this then talk to me.
>>
>>17732498
I think I will, thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>17732228
Yu wan terekereis?
>finger is made of matter
>use mind to put finger up ass
>mind over matter

Basically teleehgike is using mind to move matter. Everyone's been doing it since the birth of biology. When you ask yourself how to move an object without touching it you're actually asking yourself how to move matter without moving matter.
>>
>>17732228
I mean if quantum entanglement plays into the equation then theoretically yes telekinesis and star wars-esque "force" techniques could be possible.
>>
>>17733103
what if i put my mind in my ass
>>
>>17733567
What if...and follow me here ok...what if...you put your ASS...in your MIND
>>
>>17732496
B team can suck a cock
>>
I am sure magic is real in one way or another but not like some LOL shit, if telekenisis was legit everyone would be doing it.....of course theres black magic but I wouldnt reccomend because I heard it can fuck you over....rituals with any demons arent worth doing in my opinion because theyre probably dangerous
>>
Magic does not exist. Any and all accounts of magic were either people using psychic abilities or faith based rituals. Telekinesis and psychokinesis are basic psychic abilities.

The problem is it is very demanding and takes ages before you can do better than simple parlor tricks. It's not like chronicle or Akira where you can toss shut around like it's nothing. It requires huge amounts of focus, intention and empathy.
>>
I think that capeshit level magic where you're conjuring fire and shooting electricity is probably impossible.

More likely is precognition/divination type stuff, which some people have naturally and others can use objects to gain understanding. Summoning of deities/demons/angels/otherwordly beings is another type of "magick" that can be done, though it seems to me to be heavily dependent on setting and preparation.

I've tried summoning, it was hastily prepared and was from a less than reputable source, and it didn't work, at least as far as I can tell. I don't rule it out though, and will probably make another attempt at a different being once I have the space and resources for it.
>>
>>17733744
>I think that capeshit level magic where you're conjuring fire and shooting electricity is probably impossible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XrZ4N3gjTM
Skip to 2 minutes 35 in to see fireballs.
Also, the device used here is a bit more clunky, but definitely relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_ogU4Jzt4

As for shotting electricity...tazers.
>>
>>17733591
t. Miyazaki
>>
Magic is just science we don't understand yet.
>>
>>17732464
My opinion is that it's false.
I have done ritual thinking from a to z that it will be a complete failure. And it worked. I have made sceptic people do things with me and they were completly baffled. If you think it won't work it will work.... Or not. Welcome to chaos magic. You still have a lot to learn.
>>
>>17732254

Literally no different of a concept than wireless devices.
>>
>>17734045
Science is just magic they claim to understand.
>>
File: 1302832433978.png (21 KB, 585x562) Image search: [Google]
1302832433978.png
21 KB, 585x562
>>17734045
Read as "Magic is science withoutthe allotted white rat/intern sacrifice"
>>
File: 1371425247051.png (95 KB, 435x426) Image search: [Google]
1371425247051.png
95 KB, 435x426
>>17733103
I don't know why but this made me geek.
>>
>>17734081
Science isn't just tests on animals and interns
>>
File: sckghzj.jpg (21 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
sckghzj.jpg
21 KB, 300x562
>>17734076
>>
>>17734076

I'm glad people realize this.
>>
>>17734131

But how can we test physics and chemicals without injecting interns or throwing them at different velocities?
>>
>>17734187
Quantum mechanics
>>
>>17734190

>behind this door is an intern that is both dead and alive at the same time.
>>
>>17734199
Kek
>>
>>17732228
This is /X/ not /autism/
>>
>>17732228
No there's nothing real about magic the best you can do is learn tricks that stupid people think are magic and surround yourself with fools who are impressed by such tricks.
>>
>>17732228
>Is magic real?
>Is it possible to learn spells like telekinesis?
No.

Some people have innate abilities that can be developed.

Like mutants.
>>
File: 1425849002521.png (1 MB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1425849002521.png
1 MB, 900x1273
>>17734774
Within the flame rests infinite potential
Through fire all things are possible, and even probable

Be careful what you say, and where you say it, lest someone believe your lies,
and their flame become profaned
>>
>>17734063

Chaos Magik is hipster garbage.
>>
>>17736178

Chaos runes aren't worth the crafting time, anyway.
>>
I cast magic missile at the darkness.
>>
>>17734805
But one day the flame will fade and only dark will remain
>>
File: memetic warfare division 4.png (564 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
memetic warfare division 4.png
564 KB, 1100x1100
>>17732228
Not in the way you're thinking faggot normie.
>>
File: 1450645836419.jpg (661 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1450645836419.jpg
661 KB, 1024x768
>>17739418
One day the waters will rise up to consume the flame, and then all will be deep
>>
>>17734774
Bullshit. People can have greater or lesser potential but it's not based purely on their genome and anyone, through enough dedication and practice can learn to do at least small stuff.
>>
>>17739506
That's like saying software is the only thing holding you back from achieving your potential

too bad if it's true, I heard some programs cost as much as 100 billion USD
>>
File: wtfcasting.jpg (47 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
wtfcasting.jpg
47 KB, 435x571
>>17732228
>Is magic real?
Depends how you define magic and by what mechanism you think it works. There's some shit however that you could classify as such using vague term. But it likely doesn't work how you think it does.

Not as spells. Most of the shit a relatively able practitioner can do won't really depend on particular spells. Can't do much myself beside a rare party trick but I know that at some point some "supernatural" abilities an adept acquires as if they'd be a skill not requiring too much conscious thought (thought they still require concentration). The same way you don't really consider grabbing a thing, pushing a thing or slapping a thing with your hand completely different abilities but just what you can do with you hand, provided it's healthy - similar it is with magic. Oh, there are rituals and so on but in most traditions they serve as long-term workings or as tools to focus, help and manage qualities of a practitioner or as order of proceedings in dealing with spiritual entities (which may be actual entities or personifications of different qualities of practitioner's psyche depending on who you'll ask). Like going through equation step by step using pen and paper because you cannot do all this shit in your mind straight away.

But yeah, you can probably develop some skill in telekinesis, it just won't likely be ever really strong or reliable and you'll probably have to take a long road to even have it in grasp rather than looking for another retarded psi ball guide.
>>
>>17732228
Yes, I can make explosions with all kinds of brews.
>>
>>17732228
>Is magic real?
Depend about your definition of magic.

Of course you can. Do they work?Maybe you can can slightly change the statistical output of a random event such as a dice roll. Nothing more.
>>
>>17732439
>(personally I don't believe in gifted persons; I think natural ability for magic comes from training in prior incarnations; one thing I believe carries over later lives is this)
Was so cohesive til this shit, makesme think you don't get the arcane of life here...
like this guy
>>17733744
>heavily dependent on setting and preparation.
Even jews know consciousness is of Earth and Air.

>>17736178
Chaos Magik isn't just huffing radioactive material to let bitches know its that time. Its also less about managing doubt than dark matter through dark energy (check your physics).
This guy's got it --->>>>17739549
>Like going through equation step by step using pen and paper because you cannot do all this shit in your mind straight away.
Arcane potential is what you cultivate, physically it is permeability to your concentration (aether) directed at your form (nether).
>>17732228 (OP)Once you get past 'is it real' and the desperation of the hope of finding spells or dying slowly in a mundane tired gaze consciousness stream, you find these awesome weaves and cycles are all around, all encompassing, and have been there for all time.

Maybe it'll be tough to think this way, but don't put too much physical (nether) where it doesn't go, this is what the locals get to abhorrently gawk at as 'black magik'. If you really want to know, you should learn the 'magik' of life: biology, biochemistry, quantum biology, quantum physics (in this order if you know nothing). Make sure you don't just swim in the knowledge, put it to use, integrate it to your soul somehow, as a 'spell' would be attuned to you as you prosed. It's really just a logic you attach to some nether so you can recall it faster than trying to divination exploit.
Give it a shot or die, xD.
>>
>>17739746
>>Is it possible to learn spells like telekinesis?
>Of course you can. Do they work?Maybe you can can slightly change the statistical output of a random event such as a dice roll. Nothing more.
I can change the probabilities of random number generation by concentrating.
>>
File: AlterationSkillBook.png (104 KB, 180x229) Image search: [Google]
AlterationSkillBook.png
104 KB, 180x229
>>17732228
Just read this tome and you'll learn telekinesis but the tome is destroyed in the process
>>
>>17741115
So can I. Are we technomancers?
>>
>>17732242
>implying everyone doesn't dual class as doctor/accountant for easy money.
>>
>>17743253
Yeah, and if it's not there stare blankly at the town mage for hours on end until their stock resets.
>>
>>17732228
>magic powers
>telekinesis
trolling like a newfag but the newerfags keep biting
>>
>>17743275

>playing meme rolls

Real men play Soldier/Weaboo for maximum difficulty.
>>
>>17732228
Soon. A year or less.
>>
>>17732228
telekinesis is a mind-power
you either have it or you don't

if you use magic to get mind-powers you'll end up losing your mind and your soul, so don't be foolish.
>>
>>17743302
This guy knows his stuff
>>
>>17743268
>>>17741115
>So can I. Are we technomancers?
I don't know what I am.

Mostly people think its weird, and it ends up scaring them so I hide it.
>>
File: Magic.jpg (58 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
Magic.jpg
58 KB, 720x479
>>
>>17743313
>thinking any soldier combo roll is hard.
Try Conspiracy theorist/Politician
>>
>>17743586

Bernie Sanders has it easy, though.
>>
>>17743601
Any class is easy if you pick the jew race.
"Limitless shekels" passive.
>>
>>17732350
You really bought that relativistic lie. Jesus Christ is the only way.
>>
>>17732302
nope

witch here

nope
>>
>>17743305
true
>>
It's magic, y'know. Never believe it's not so.

I got lost in psychosis. As disrupted as people get. Magic has put me on a journey that has revitalized my mind and allowed me to strengthen both body and soul to the point where I no longer want for anything but a life that feels like an adventure every day. It's real, you just have to look past what real means in a traditional sense.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.