[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly is the Dao?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 225x225
So what exactly is the Dao?
>>
>>17731462
www.google.com
>>
>>17731472
Kys.

I've read the tao de ching and clearly understand the impossiblity of the question I pose but what does it correlate to.

Is it a god?
>>
>>17731480
``abstract bullshite''?
>>
>>17731558
Not really.
I've felt something remarkably similar to what is described as the Dao during meditation.

Many other beliefs also speak of this unable to be understood power.
>>
>>17731462

The Tao that can be spoken of is not the Eternal Tao.
>>
>>17731480

It's not a god. It's the impersonal ground of being.
>>
>>17731462
the heartbeat of the universe.
you don't "understand" tao, you feel it.
>>
>>17731462
are you provoking me?
>>
>>17731462
Natural law
>>
I asked my Chinese gf she said

"Eh this one is hard to explain. They have old people and they have some sort of belief and this is one of them"

So there you have it
>>
>>17731462
'Dao' is the way(/path) to understanding the laws of the universe, how they work, their nature and how these laws were created too

>the pursuit to understand the origin, and its endless origin.

>In other terms it would be, the path one walks in search of understanding The "ALL" and The "ALL" for(and by which) The "ALL" exists.
>>
>>17733390
Sorry typo, to "Comprehend" not "understand".
Mind cannot understand nor really express True "Dao" in wholeness, the only way it can express a bit is in approach or in natures patterns, it can only be comprehended in feeling.
The Dao expressed in our world(our whole universe) is only a minuscule part of the True "Dao".
>>
I thought it was some kind of stock market theory
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.