[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm starting to believe that people in past cultures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Duck-Rabbit_illusion.jpg (41 KB, 519x350) Image search: [Google]
Duck-Rabbit_illusion.jpg
41 KB, 519x350
So I'm starting to believe that people in past cultures had different perspectives of reality. What I mean is when a knight went off and slew a dragon he was experience an inward journey which manifested itself as an outer experience. For example, Beowulf was a man who slew the monster grendel but I think that the monster which plagued the Danes was the love of greed and fame. This is why Beowulf considered himself a tool in the hands of God, because he humbled those who lived in heorot. If you look at the ancient Hebrew language you will see that every single word is a coded euphemism or allegory for something else. Not only that but the acts and practices have symbolic and metaphorical meanings, they are foreshadows of things to come. I believe that this is what the spirit world is, it is the human mind perceiving data, projecting on the external what is derived from the internal. I believe that if you teach a child an ingrained belief then that child will grow up and perceive reality based on that belief and this is how people can see ghosts, UFOs, magic, etc.

Does anyone have any information about this and if this train of thought has a common name? If you have anything to add it would be appreciated.
>>
Yes. It's called 'fiction'.
>>
>>17730330
Is that a bunny or a duck? Discuss.
>>
>>17730383
It is a freakish chimera created by the ancient aliens illuminati nazis from the future hollow earth.
>>
>>17730402
But how can the Earth be hollow and flat at the same time?!
>>
Anunnaki
>>
The Odyssey is an inner journey.
>>
>>17730383
duck. definitely a duck.
>>
It's called a metaphor. This fucking board...
>>
>>17731304
but is it a duck or a bunny? anons need to know.
>>
File: 1-soft-filling-cookie.jpg (86 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1-soft-filling-cookie.jpg
86 KB, 500x350
>>17730416
In a delicious way
>>
>>17730330
You might do better with this on /his/ OP.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.