[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they're any cool games where you hunt/get hunted by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: skinwalker.jpg (202 KB, 999x807) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker.jpg
202 KB, 999x807
Are they're any cool games where you hunt/get hunted by urban legends, like the rake, bigfoot, skinwalkers, etc.?

Not posting this on /v/ because I'll most likely get nothing there
>>
File: maybe.jpg (79 KB, 668x338) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
79 KB, 668x338
not urban legends but definitely being hunted.
>>
>>17723303
Seems fun but I'm basically looking for /x/ or /k/ innawoods simulator
>>
>>17723271
I remember a game markipkier played not too long back where you're innawoods hunting the rake and it wasn't half bad

I don't remember the name but oh well
>>
>>17723271
If you haven't heard of it yet somehow, Slender is actually pretty spoopy. I know its basically memetier now because of YouTube but if you haven't heard of it/it isnt ruined for you, check it out.
>>
>>17723389
I played slender back in the day, it was fun at the time but creatures like these pique my interest because I think they're slightly more plausible than a slenderman
>>
>>17723386
It was called "The Rake". It's on Steam.
>>
>>17723271
You'd get more replies on /v/ kid this board is dead
>>
>>17723271
Area 51 for PS2/Xbox

Main character is voiced by David Duchovny, and also features Marilyn Manson. You don't really "hunt" aliens, so much. It's a shooter, almost like Doom. It's a very dark and chilling game, though. Made by Midway, very underrated and one of my favorite PS2 shooters.
>>
>>17723389
>I know its basically memetier now because of YouTube but if you haven't heard of it/it isnt ruined for you, check it out.
Is there any way to get faggots like pewdiepie to piss off and not play your spooky game and ruin it for everyone?
>>
>>17723271
>Are they're any cool games
>they're

>there

Go back to school, summerfag.
>>
Check out The Forest on Steam.
Summary, it's a survival game where you crash land on an island and are hunted by cannibals. The AI is actually shaping up to be really good too. They scout you out, attack, and have an actual society with a kind of primitive religion. Its definitely worth a look.
>>
>>17723271
Unfortunately there are no good games of the genre because they don't sell to the mass market very well. The closest you will find are the Slender games which fucking suck, but some are made fairly well because there was a market for low rent Slendy scares at the time.

Otherwise you have to go to indie games for your scares, which leaves awful crap like that Rake game.

>17726896
The Forest is okay, but gets old very, very fast. There's barely even the bare bones of a game there.

OP you're out of luck I'm afraid, there's just nothing that will really scratch your itch. If you do find something that's actually worth our time please let us know.
>>
>>17726825
>hurr durr these youtube memers ruined muh spoopy game
these games aren't even good in the first place, collecting 200 notes in the dark with no weapon being chased by whatever popular boogey man of the time, best game ever amrite?
btw pewdiepie, the guy known for screaming at horror games, doesn't even play them anymore and half of the fans are crying over it
>>
>>17726825
the only way to not ruin your shit is to ignore them

why the fuck do you know Piediefuck ruined X game?

just dont watch him and play the hell you want
>>
Play SCP games

they have alot of lore so they make shit more interesting

now if you ask wich one you are fucked cuz i dot know how many games there are
>>
>>17727111
Christ they're all so shittily made though.

I had high hopes for Monstrum but it turned out boring as fuck. It's hard to make a game that maintains any semblance of scariness because once the initial scare has happened it's lost all it's power.

Even Soma, which I thought was excellent, was not scary after the first encounter with a monstrosity and having to avoid ghosts and killer robots because a huge chore.

Monsters and games just don't mix well because of this.
>>
>>17727169
honestly you are right.

the only game that truly scared me was RE 1 remake all other shit is just jumpscares
>>
File: 1462194594757.png (74 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
1462194594757.png
74 KB, 500x468
>>17723271
If you have friends that'll play with you, check out damned. 1v4 asymetrical horror survival game.
You're trapped somewhere and have to find all the keys and tools to escape while the person playing as the monster has to kill the humans. Humans only have flashlights so no fighting back.

It can get pretty spoopy if you have a full group.The different monsters and the randomization of item locations allows for a good amount of replayability. Also, the fact you're playing with an actual thinking monster adds to the scares.
>>
>>17723271
A few games that jump to mind where you're being chased (not necessarily by urban legends) would be Alien: Isolation, SOMA, Outlast and Kholat
>>
>>17726799
This game is freeware now and it is totally worth playing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.