[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surreal feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: unreal.jpg (251 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
unreal.jpg
251 KB, 640x640
Have you ever felt like you start to lose your grip on reality?
Parmenides belived that it's impossible to grasp the actual reality of the world because we are limited to what our brain can procces. Sometimes I feel like im fading away form reality, maybe i'm going crazy or maybe i'm perceiving something different altering my perception, anyone here know anythign about this?
>>
>>17722091

I used to get that feel sometimes when I was playing p2w MMO and people were going into weird arguments about world bosses and dragging in someone's fb life and supposed webcam shows they had for the GM:s to get free gold.

Is this real or not? Do they think the game is real? Is it real life for them?

Some people taking time off from work to protect guild stuff etc..
>>
File: Sadhu.jpg (10 KB, 214x283) Image search: [Google]
Sadhu.jpg
10 KB, 214x283
Grip on reality is just a product of the ego; doesn't matter at all. I dare you to go all the way bro. Transcend even the void and you will SEE.
>>
>>17722109
how?
>>
>>17722109
I had this thought, that we cannot lose grip on reality, because we are reality and are not separate from it. There is not a me inside a reality, there is just reality. The thing we feel we are losing grip of is our ego, our false reality about ourselves and the world.
>>
>>17722626
yep
>>
>>17722091
OMG Yes!!
this happens when i'm depressed and/or can't handle things thrown my way;
>>
>>17723419
>>17722091
It's called Dissociation(Derealization/Depersonalization). It's a natural reaction to stress.
>>
>>17722513
>>17722626
>this
>>
I'm 31 and by this point I have no grip on reality. I'm not living to 32.
>>
I felt like this last week and I wanted to kill myself since I thought I was living in an awful simulation and I wanted it to end.
>>
>>17722109
how do you go all the way?
>>
>>17722109
come and see come and see
>>
>>17722091
It's been a very, very long time since I felt like real things could touch me.
>>
>>17724687
It's so much worse anon. There is no simulation.
>>17722626
I can't feel ego death either. Really sucks because I've heard great things about it.
>>17722109
That's about where I'm at I guess. Beliefs never did seem to matter in the first place.
>>17722105
Truly frightening. Sorry you had to go through that.
>>
File: 092 - JTpLm.jpg (53 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
092 - JTpLm.jpg
53 KB, 600x484
>>17722091
I get this feeling a lot mainly after I let my thoughts begin to control the way I feel after LSD trips
As far as I can tell the main reason for this is due to a subconscious need to humble ones self to avoid having to face ones fears of the true nature of reality, the ideas that humans have come to accept in our day to day lives can be extremely overwhelming and distance us from what we would consider "down to earth" from a spiritual and mental stance
>>
>>17722626
"we cannot lose grip on reality"
what is derealization
what is depersonalization
what is delirium
what is illusion
what is dellusion
what is psychosis

If anything I think it's harder to have a grip on reality than the contrary.
Most of people are full of illusions and false beliefs which appear to them as reality.
The human man is expert at creating illusions, notably self-dellusions.
>>
File: nigra.png (52 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
nigra.png
52 KB, 300x100
>>17724625
>thats beautiful
>>
File: dog gif.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
dog gif.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>17724857
>Pratyahara (sense withdrawal)

Its something RARELY mentioned and its the secret to enlightenment. Its rarely mentioned cause it can't be taught.
>>
>>17725334
People depersonalized and derealized are close to enlightenment they just don't know they are suppose to go all the way.
>>
File: Tallgoth.png (67 KB, 239x365) Image search: [Google]
Tallgoth.png
67 KB, 239x365
>>17727444
>>
File: demotivational.jpg (76 KB, 460x566) Image search: [Google]
demotivational.jpg
76 KB, 460x566
>>17727450
Hell schizophrenics are halfway to enlightenment. We are all close to enlightenment but I guess the path as in the teachings have gotten muddied over the centuries. I guess it stems from enlightenment being the most jealously guarded secret in existence.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.