[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /x/. I am going through extensive planning for a Kickstarter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (888 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
888 KB, 4032x3024
Hi /x/. I am going through extensive planning for a Kickstarter I'm going to pitch soon. I just wanted your input. I am going to spend 30 days in a blank room with only a mattress and toilet/shower. I will have no sense of time. There will be nothing to entertain me. The room will be locked from the outside. There will be a single camera, the whole month will be live streamed to a site. I will have absolutely no contact with anyone from the outside. Someone will slide me a tray of food twice a day. The door will be locked from the outside. I will not be allowed to leave under ANY circumstances unless I am injured or become a harm to myself. There is a lot of planning going into this. Food bills, someone to constantly watch over me in case of emergency, psychiatric analysis afterwards, etc. What are your thoughts on my endeavor? Is this something people would be interested in?
>>
>>17721749
Only a month? Bitch please
>>
Op, if you eat twice a day, you can measure time. Randomise your meal schedule, i.e. daily frequency, intervals and even instruct your handlers to serve them after sleep to ruin your sense of routine. Also, lit or unlit confines for the duration?

That being said, unless you have more participants under the same conditions, the entire experiment is pointless, self-inflicted torture that would not qualify as reliable research.
>>
>>17721749

What exactly are you trying to accomplish OP
>>
>>17721749
They do this here in Iran prisons to very bad criminals. All white rooms and clothing. They serve you white rice on a white plate and white spoon. Torture is illegal but they still want to intimidate and I guess it's not considered torture.

Do something original instead.
>>
>>17721749
>neets on r9k do this
why would people want to pay you to sit in a room for a month?
are you so suburban and nieve that you really think you will have "no sense of time lol huh guise"?
Next you'll say it's so u can conceive succubI babby with your tulpa
>>
Your putting yourself in solitary confinement. .they do this in prison, it's called "the hole" or "the box" ...you won't come out the same....doing the time but not the crime?? Might make some money from crowd funded endeavors but you will lose your mind in the process. ..for science!
>>
If you change your mind and demand to be released wouldn't it be illegal for that person to refuse?
>>
Do it all in the dark.
>>
>>17721749
>Is this something people would be interested in?

NOT REALLY
>>
File: qR6ABPw.jpg (213 KB, 1952x1112) Image search: [Google]
qR6ABPw.jpg
213 KB, 1952x1112
>>17721749
This is something that's been done plenty of times before. What do you hope to learn from this?

If you really wanna /x it up, introduce something potentially spooky. Something that might make somebody more nervous about doing something like this. Like spend the time in that room with a pentagram drawn on the floor, or perform any number of rituals that may invite in spirits. You'll be in a black room and unable to back out or turn on the lights. Sounds like fun to me.
>>
>>17721749
I would be interested.

One thought on the actual 'experiment' though, if the person sliding you food twice a day does so at regular intervals or at the same times of day, you'll start to get a sense of time again. I would suggest you keep food that doesn't need to be cooked in the room with you, maybe MREs or something (US Army ones are actually pretty decent).

Other than that I think the results would be interesting.
>>
>>17721749
What about clothes?
>>
>>17722522
>>17722503
These
>>
>>17721749
OP you're a fucking soft bitch ass pussy. This is what they do to prisoners for sometimes months at a time.
You're a fucking weak spirited piece of shit.
>>
>>17724665
They're willing to try it at all. When was the last time you left house, anon?
>>
File: MK56481.jpg (33 KB, 574x446) Image search: [Google]
MK56481.jpg
33 KB, 574x446
have the food tray be slipped under the door at different times each day so that you cannot get a sense of time and routine from your meals
>>
>>17721774
Conditions always lit, senpai
>>
>>17721749
Bro dude I was put into isolation for 3 days and I lost my fucking mind so badly dude don't do this shit unless you want severe mental problems and PTSD afterwards you will be so mind fucked it will be insand
>>
>>17727684
You did it under different condition.

Specifically, you were already paranoid and about to lose your mind.
>>
NASA does shot like this to astronauts already. I knew a guy who even signed up for a study where he had to lie down on a bed and not move for a month. He had a bed pan, some one to clean him, and to wash him they rolled him through a Fucking human carwash. Shits been done. Read a book.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.