[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like every time they go to sleep, or are consciously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1447620822506.jpg (144 KB, 846x471) Image search: [Google]
1447620822506.jpg
144 KB, 846x471
Anyone else feel like every time they go to sleep, or are consciously unaware from blacking out or being knocked unconscious they effectively die and wake up in a new reality that is essentially indistinguishable from the previous one. Essentially:

>Go to sleep
>Wake up in new indistinguishable reality
>In old reality you have died
>Your soul has moved onto the next reality leaving behind your shell of a body
>The reality in which you have died continues existing, except without you in it.

An unending cycle of death and rebirth leading to the inevitable conclusion.
>>
File: SandmanWilliams1.jpg (161 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
SandmanWilliams1.jpg
161 KB, 630x420
Sad to say we may never talk again, but in this moment please know that yes, I am one who knows exactly what you mean, because I experience this as well.

It's as fascinating as it is full of grief for me. I can never find my way back Home, where the energy of life was so wonderful.

Every reality since has been a cheap imitation.
>>
>>17720005
See you on the next plane of existence friend.
>>
>>17719968
I don't even notice this when I go to sleep and wake up in a new reality, but I hit my head one summer while cliff jumping and I can remember sinking into the water unable to move and I had died. Then I was in a new reality. One where I must've hit my head slightly different and I was still conscious and I was alive.
>>
if this is true then why does my runescape acount alwayz stay the same??????? stuped faggit
>>
>>17719968
No, but sometimes I'm scared to sleep because I don't like the idea of effectively being "dead"/blacked out for ~8 hours.
>>
>>17719968
dude. i did some xanax last week and blacked out, and i was apparently vomiting everywhere. i think i died
>>
>>17719968
>Anyone else feel like every time they go to sleep, or are consciously unaware from blacking out or being knocked unconscious they effectively die and wake up in a new reality that is essentially indistinguishable from the previous one.
Yes.

I do.
>>
>>17720468
>if this is true then why does my runescape acount alwayz stay the same??????? stuped faggit
Because parallel timelines don't have to disagree in everything, just in at least one quantum state of one single particle, at minimum, and ... "everything" at maximum.
>>
>>17719968
This is how I felt before I became burdened with psychosis. Be careful OP.
>>
File: 1434691710899.png (947 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
1434691710899.png
947 KB, 1000x707
Not exactly, but I will say this: falling asleep has scared me ever since I had a heart attack 3 years ago.

You know that feeling you get when you're falling asleep, where everything feels loose and like you're falling away? Same thing happens when you're about to black out from a heart attack, except it loses all comfiness. So now I can't enjoy falling asleep. I can mostly deal with it now, even though I don't like it, but for the first year or so after my heart attack falling asleep genuinely terrified me.

I guess on a more related note, though...dreams are just as valid as waking life. Reality, as we perceive it, is the summation of our physical senses, what can be felt and observed. Dreams fit that criteria, and they can often impact us just as much, if not more than, waking life. I don't necessarily subscribe to your idea of every dream/waking being a new reality, but rather, waking life is one reality and dreaming is another.
>>
>>17719968
shut, don't tell, only few see it, it's not normal, I was just edidting the universe,
>>
>>17720060
Hey, I remember you! Weren't you the anon who said that you had a girlfriend, but in the new reality she had forgotten about you?
>>
It's probably similar to how there are an infinite number of realities. You may die to one reality of people, but to another you're still alive.

This means that you might be able to kill yourself, die in one reality, and somehow someway still be alive in the next, still conscious as you were, wondering why you didn't die.
>>
It doesn't matter
>>
File: NMV.jpg (103 KB, 840x578) Image search: [Google]
NMV.jpg
103 KB, 840x578
>>17722013
This has effectively fucked me up.
>>
This is so stupid. Disproven. Watch another person sleep and wake up.
>>
>>17719968
I used to embrace thoughts like that...

And then I soon realized that it is, essentially, useless to make those outrageous claims as, even if they were true, we wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Whether we die every time we go to sleep or not, we should embrace the realities in which we live, not shun them away.
>>
Not at all. You are making a metaphorical comparison between sleep/awake and death/life which is clearly unfounded. Your body is clearly the same vessel and your thoughts are still created by the same past experiences. Sleeping is just a necessary process for gaining back energy after we deplete it.

Your are in this constant state of decay and after every nanosecond everything in the universe has shifted so in reality all matter is indistinguishably changing before your eyes and sleep is an irrelevant link to this perception imo
>>
>>17722013
Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard.
>hey what if like, we're really aliems and we're like semi conscience and half dream sleep awake and this is just an alternate reality of a dream we are having in an underground cave on Mars???
You can think of all the crazy untestable shit you want, it all amounts to nothing because it means nothing.
>>
>>17719968
Do you enter a different data stream,while sleeping?
>>
>>17720005
If I meet you in the next life I'm gonna punch your dumb fedora head
>>
>>17722013
>It's probably similar to how there are an infinite number of realities. You may die to one reality of people, but to another you're still alive.
>This means that you might be able to kill yourself, die in one reality, and somehow someway still be alive in the next, still conscious as you were, wondering why you didn't die.

Do not try this at home, kids. It's a thought experiment only:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality
>>
>>17719968
Honestly sounds like a mental illness affecting your perception

If you kept dying and being reborn then why do you still have all the same memories the next morning ?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.