[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is death a portal to a new life or is it just nothingness.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: angel-statue-1570308.jpg (195 KB, 330x440) Image search: [Google]
angel-statue-1570308.jpg
195 KB, 330x440
Is death a portal to a new life or is it just nothingness.
>>
Nobodoy knows.
>>
My thoughts? You may as well ask if ice melting is a portal to a new life or just nothingness. It's still water, it just comes back in another form.
>>
i'd say new life.
>>
The astral planes.. alternatively, if you were say Odinist you could try Valhalla. Not many good wars these days though.
>>
I'm just scared because my days are coming to an end.
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>17719375
Well nothingness doesn't exist because there are things like us that exist, and when something exists, it is forever, it just evolves with time into different states, so you can't become nothing anon.
>>
The latter.
>>
new life or your energy/spirit floats around for a while in a blissful state
>>
It does not matter.
>>
>>17719375
It's all a question of scale anon.

If you think big enough you realise you can never die. You think the fact that you can think separates you from other things but from the moon you're just a part of the earth.

The universe lives on and you continue to be a part of it.
>>
>>17719375
Well it can't be nothingness because nothing is truly destroyed in this universe, it seems you will be "pulled apart" however. It is in a way a portal to new life, many millions of new lives will owe themselves to your death. This is speaking of the purely physical aspect.

As to the spiritual aspect I doubt it is very different, if spirit exists it can't be subtracted from the universe, otherwise it literally doesn't exist because all things that exist can not be truly destroyed, only separated. So at worst I'd suspect a separation of spirit like the separation of body, which isn't too bad in my opinion. Either that, or spirit doesn't exist at all.
>>
Death is not even an experience of darkness.
It is total lack of experience, of any sort.
After death, there is no longer a you, to experience anything,
including darkness.

It might be easier to think about this if you realize that you are not a thing (the physical body, that produces the illusion of your identity), but you are a process (something your body is doing). You are a sort of complex, chemical flame, burning in the cells of a human body. When you die, that flame goes out, because those cells are no longer doing you.

A blown out candle flame does not experience the darkness that results from its absence.
>>
>>17719738
That's my exact viewpoint, all this wombo-jombo nonesense makes me cringe. I "experienced" clinical death for 5 minutes. You know what i experienced? Nothing. It's like state of falling asleep, but just without factor of experiencing anything. It's kinda weird but i can relate it to feeling like before you were born, there was nothing to remember, nothing to experience...
>>
>>17719710
"Nothing can be truly deleted in this universe"
That is true, but it doesn't mean that you will live on.Your brain, your body, your cells etc. will all decompose, then all of it will be transfered to energy that other organism will use. Energy/Matter cannot be destroyed in that sense, and it has been proven that consciousness is just product of chemical reactions in brain.
>>
>>17719821
Articles along with scientific studies :
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22329762-700-consciousness-on-off-switch-discovered-deep-in-brain/

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/218574-the-brains-on-off-switch-for-human-consciousness-is-even-more-intriguing-than-we-thought
>>
>>17719375
dying would be a stone groove
>>
Assuming your brain isn't destroyed upon death, your brain will flood your body with an enormous amount of DMT. Basically you'll experience an extremely intense, pleasant trip which you will perceive as lasting a lifetime.

I suppose hell is simply a bad trip.
>>
>>17719375
It's s portal to a new life.

Everybody sees the world through their own eyes, each one of us has to experience the world as ourselves. When we die, we cease seeing the world through our eyes, and begin seeing them through the eyes of a newborn. We aren't the same person when this happens, but somebody will always be experiencing the world with their own thoughts and emotions.
>>
>>17719854
There is no evidence to support that DMT is produced in NDE, as matter of fact. Liver was found to contain more DMT than brain itself. I don't know where this myth originated from.

Not only that, but you entirely escaped the question "Assuming your brain isn't destroyed". What if it is? You can't post half assed statements.
>>
>>17719978
Well what the hell else causes visions in NDEs? Is it not reasonable to assume that a psychedelic substance that your body produces might be at least partially responsible?
>>
>>17719775
Exactly, tho this does freak me out, not knowing what happens to your loved ones. I guess you wont have to worry about it if you dont exist tho
>>
>>17719375
Well maybe you feel better if i say that im in the same situation, my days are coming to end. I think the best way to asume it its thinking that all the humans are going to die just like you and me. Just take it easy, calm down and let it be, when we die we cant suffer anymore.
>>
>>17719821
We won't live on in the same form. We're just matter manifest in a specific way. Cells die, our minds die, but every bit of energy that made our being continues on in different directions - eaten by bacteria, plants, animals, whatever.

Our specific arrangement of matter will be scattered, that's all. Dying really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>17719375

Nothingness, but only temporarily.

Jesus described death as "sleep". I believe that our nightly sleep is just foreshadowing for the longer sleep that occurs after death.

You won't be conscious while you're dead, but time will pass normally for the living, until the time of the Second Coming of Christ when Jesus returns to Earth and resurrects everyone, either to eternal union with, or eternal separation from, Him.

But to you, it will seem like once continuous stretch of time, just like going to bed and waking up. So from your perspective, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord", but the world still goes on while you're "asleep".

The scripture says the dead in Christ will rise first at the Second Coming. This will occur at the time of the final conflict with the Antichrist.
>>
>>17719375
I don't know, man. People got a bunch of theories, and I know what I think happens. But i guess we won't know till we get there. sorry i can't be of much help.
>>
>>17720056
>Is it not reasonable to assume that a psychedelic substance that your body produces might be at least partially responsible?
Not if you're open to this possibility that they're exactly what they seem to be - an experience of the place our consciousness goes to after physical death.
>>
>>17719375
Gee anon its almost like you have to ask someone who has died, oh wait you cant, what a conundrum
>>
I hope reincarnation, but I think it's just nothingness
>>
>>17719833
This doesn't disprove that consciousness does not survive death.
>>
There is a transition to anotherdimention. But to truly find the answer, you have to die.
>>
>>17719375
>Yes
>>
>>17721737
Well, there are mediums and after-death communications. Spontaneous after-death communication is apparently pretty common.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.