[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are YHVH, Jehovah, and Allah? Why did Jesus worship Jehovah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Jesus.jpg (27 KB, 423x279) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
27 KB, 423x279
Who are YHVH, Jehovah, and Allah? Why did Jesus worship Jehovah? Why do Muslims, Christians, and Jews worship YHVH? Why do Christians worship Jehovah? Why do Muslims worship Allah? Why do Christians believe that Jehovah and YHVH are the same being? Why do Muslims believe that Allah and YHVH are the same being? Is there any connection between YHVH, Jehovah, and Allah? Are they anunnaki?
>>
I guess it was an annunaki janitor who was left here for whatever reason and died eventually.. however before doing so he pretty much ensured that the pleb will know and remember him as the only god. I wouldnt be surprised if he d been a devil/satan/lucifer in the same time, playing bad and a good cop in the same time.
>>
>>17719309
I assume you are referring to YHVH, correct? How do Jehovah and Allah relate to him, if at all? Did Jesus know that YHVH and Jehovah are different beings?
>>
>>17719309
By the way, lucifer means bringer of light. So while your theory of YHVH playing devil/satan could be right, lucifer is something completely different.
>>
YHVH is one of several things:

He is either, and only, a storm god from some ancient pantheon padded up by some hardcore worship

Or
He is the demiurge; essentially a powerful spirit that has control over the mortal sphere; but not much outside of that. A child playing with an anthill-- impersonating the True Source

Or
He is the master of the five elements; the uniter of them all. According to Crowley, anyways, but I'm still studying his viewpoint on it.
>>
>>17719295
Allah literally means God in Arabic
>>
>>17719318
Hard to tell, if even Jesus really worshiped him.. I refuse to relate to the bible at all because it had been translated so many times, not to mention that for almost 200 years it was circling solely through the word of mouth between the slave class + the middle age rewriting by the most corrupted popes in history for their pleasement.
>>
>>17719333
Trips and timedubs confirm.
>>17719334
So perhaps Allah and YHVH are the same being?
Or would that make Allah and Jehovah the same since Islam didn't come until after Jehovah was kinda the main god?
Probably the former because Muslims branched off from Judaism, not Christianity.
So, Allah=YHVH?
>>
>>17719351
>Allah=YHWH
Yeah, most likely
>>
>>17719351
Yes, the three Judaic religions all worship the same god, just in different ways. Christians will claim that Allah is a false god, pretending to be YHVH, though.
>>
>>17719360
>all worship the same God
They think they do, but Jehovah is not actually the same being as YHVH. Jews and Muslims might worship the same god. Or perhaps Christians are correct about Allah. But what Christians are wrong about is thinking that Jehovah=YHVH. They worship one deity they call "God" but they think that Jehovah and YHVH are both that being.
>>
>>17719366
>Jehovah isn't YHVH
By what logic do you draw that?
Jehovah is simply another vocalization of the Tetragrammaton.
>>
>>17719333
>He is either, and only, a storm god from some ancient pantheon padded up by some hardcore worship

This is correct.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spirituality/1818445-evolution-yahweh-pagan-tribal-god-israel.html
>>
I remember reading about a researcher who claimed YHWH was originally bloodthirsty pagan god who was transmogrified over time. If anyone knows please link me
>>
They're the same thing, and it was made up to enslave people.

Yeah, that sounds like fedora tipping, but if it makes you feel better I'm not a fedora. They're at least right on that.
>>
>>17719372
this. Jehova = YHVH because you are not supposed to take the name of god in vain, so when you speak about His name, you say 'Jehova' instead of "yahweh' because what if you accidentally say something profane, like a bee stings you while you're saying it and you go 'yahweh--OW FUCK'

So you say 'jehova' because its less bad.
>>
>>17719395
>So you say 'jehova' because its less bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5YU_spBw0
>>
>>17719424
You still pretty much had to be a rabbi and in the proper context.
>>
Lucifer intentionally confused the issue
>>
"Jehova" and "YHWH" refer to the same being, as some anons have pointed out. Can't say much about Allah. The religions have a common origin,so I assume it's the same being.

Now, Jesus. Jesus does not worship Jehovah in the Bible. He does not worship YHWH. In fact, the Tetragrammaton does not appear in the NT at all. Whether it was there originally, and removed at a certain point for some reason, is a point of debate. Some Bible versions take the liberty to insert the name Jehovah. Like Jehovah's Witnesses' bibles. Or they just decide that if "god", "master", or "father" appears in the greek text it's appropriate to substitute that with YHWH. I disagree.

Jesus worships The Father. He never calls him by name. Jesus' behaviour is diametrically opposed to that of YHWH in the OT. To me, they are completely different and unrelated beings.
>>
>>17719382
Judaism defines itself as essentially the monotheistic interpretation of earlier Semitic religion. Judaism didn't always exist, we describe the emergence of the Jewish faith as the first adoption of the "Yahwehist" monotheistic faith, so the Jews were (aside from ancient Jewish cults) never polytheistic because polytheists technically can't be considered Jews.

I really see this as a sidestep of the question, something a Jew would say to make it so he can say "Judaism was always monotheistic!", which I suppose is correct since Judaism is described as monotheistic by nature. But the real question is "Were the proto-Jews polytheistic?", in which case the answer is unequivocally yes. Judaism arose as a monotheistic Yahweh cult, birthed from the Canaanite pantheon, which was in turn birthed by various Mesopotamian religions prior, there is nothing wholly unique about Judaism, Yahweh existed prior to Judaism as a member of a pantheon, that is the answer to the ultimate question that the Jews are so adept at dodging.

If you ask a Jew, they will say the Jews were always monotheistic, what he won't say is that before the existence of Judaism Yahweh was just one god in a polytheistic religion prior.

In this sense I'd recommend, if you want to look for literature on this, searching for a history of ALL ancient religions in the Levant region, because when you pick up a book about the origins of Judaism (inevitably written by a Jew) it will begin when the first "Jew" decided he was monotheistic.

I don't mean to sound like a stormfag in this post but when it comes to this topic you can not trust disingenuous Jewish opinion.
>>
>>17719612
The question is then, why did Jesus preach so often (some would say exclusively) to the Jews? He knew Jewish law, he spoke and taught in the Jewish temple, he talks explicitly of the commandments, his description seems dubiously Jewish, and Judaism obviously holds Yahweh up as the one true god.
>>
>>17719619
Whats your religion
>>
>>17719742
Still trying to figure that out right now.
>>
>>17719612
As much as I love gnosticism; Christ did say that he did not come to remove the old law.
>>
>>17719372
Jehovah is less of a faggot than YHVH.
>>17719605
Which lucifer did that? And if this being you speak of creates confusion, then in what way is he a lucifer?
>>17719612
Who is the deity that Jesus prays to?
>>17719784
That wasn't his purpose but it doesn't mean he condoned that law.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 760x613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 760x613
Didn't anyone in your generation go to Sunday School?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.