[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been reading a (mostly) English translation of Liber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: totbl_11angled_sigil.jpg (9 KB, 218x218) Image search: [Google]
totbl_11angled_sigil.jpg
9 KB, 218x218
I've been reading a (mostly) English translation of Liber Azerate by the MLO/Temple of the Black Light and looking into esoteric Satanism.

So far, it seems like a bunch of edgelords sitting around pissed off all the time.

Am I still inexperienced and blind or is that about the size of it?
>>
You've got to be pretty edgy to be a satanist.

FUCK YOU DAD
>>
Check out the ONA and TOB. Still edgy, but a bit more practical than 218
>>
>>17714580
What makes it more "practical" if I might ask?

Just trying to understand.
>>
>>17714595
They are more concerned with actions in the real world (such as insight roles, culling, etc) than some kind of fantasy "anti cosmic" agenda.
>>
>>17714610
Do you have any insight into the average membership demographics of these groups such as age, gender, race, and profession?

It seems like this stuff appeals to the desperate or mentally ill to me. So does orthodox religion for that matter, but I am unsure why these "Satanic" rhetorical devices are necessary to bring about chaos and disorder. I assume it functions like any other form of propaganda: it draws in those who want to be grimdark?
>>
>>17714630
From the few people I know involved in this shit, most are white, between 18-25 both male and female. Many enter the military as insight roles while other join communes or low profile careers. Many are indeed disturbed and have been diagnosed with different afflictions
>>
>>17714643
Good to know, I appreciate your responses.
>>
>>17714580
The order of the nine angles are neo nazis and is not a strictly satanic order.
>>
File: 1460.jpg (60 KB, 240x339) Image search: [Google]
1460.jpg
60 KB, 240x339
>>17714546
>Looking into esoteric Satanism
To tackle the more esoteric and spiritual aspects of Satanism implies that one possesses the awareness of the grayness present within itself. That is to say, to dive into the path of shadows requires the realization of the fragility of societal and physical bonds, to adjust them towards your will, to adapt and carve your desires upon the face of this perceivable reality. This mentality necessitates a perception which is intentionally deconstructive; a mind-set that expands past limitation with a fixation towards limitless potential is one of the foundations of esoteric Satanism.
>edgelords
"Edgy" is a useless term, indicative that one's ethical and psychosocial behavioral conditioning is primarily and necessarily the correct one. The classification limits potential to conformist notions of regularity and normalization. If you're looking into esoteric Satanism, you will find all sorts of expansive ideas which question all notions of ethical, psychological and societal standards.
>Am I inexperienced and blind?
Loaded question. There is wisdom in choosing and rejecting certain modules of activity. Every action has consequences. Esoteric Satanism explores this concept in terms of aeons, whereas the more material forms of Satanism primarily focus upon immediacy.
>>
File: 144295359.jpg (66 KB, 368x500) Image search: [Google]
144295359.jpg
66 KB, 368x500
>>17714630
>chaos and disorder
Hyperbole.

Satanism is a labyrinth of the mind, an exploration of the self beyond its presented limitations. If you actualize culling because you think its beneficial, to what degree will that serve? It is not a function of absolute determination but an ideological question of praxis, meaning, and ones intent with their reality.
>desperate and mentally ill
>using "-" when mentioning Satanism
Kill yourself. Repetitive bandwagon rhetoric ironically sums up your entire post.
>>17714643
>most are white and 18-25
Anecdotal evidence does not mean anything beyond biased hearsay, and especially while without source. An internet survey conducted by James Lewis with a small sample of 140 respondents has more insightful, meaningful commentary.

His survey concludes with statistics of members from 14-56, with occupations and focuses ranging from healthcare, college, and writers. Political affiliations ranged from democrat to independent. Most were indeed white and male.
http://www.uni-marburg.de/fb03/ivk/mjr/pdfs/2001/articles/lewis2001.pdf%20
>indeed disturbed
Media propaganda and a few people taking on the name of "Satan" and doing societal harm hardly implies that "many are disturbed and diagnosed with afflictions". Sourceless statements are not factual in any fashion and remain your biased reflection of a possibly extremely tiny sample of members.
>>
File: 1463017971677.jpg (139 KB, 864x1176) Image search: [Google]
1463017971677.jpg
139 KB, 864x1176
>>17714546
Liber Azerate (c) 2002? Ooh! Satanism for the new millenium.
>So far, it seems like a bunch of edgelords sitting around pissed off all the time.
Yep! Did they get your money?
The problem with Satanism in general is its lack of provenance. What direct link can any Satanic organization claim to any authoritative literature more the a century or two old. You, like the followers of Levay before you have been had.

Just say Hail Satan while naked in traffic and Cthulhu will come collect your soul.

Ask yourself... What are you trying to achieve? What is your purpose for delving into this subject matter. That said, research the various organizations. If they don't want your money, look into it. If they are a bunch of like minded individuals who are willing to explore life and edgelord fellowship with you, go for it. If your w3illing to pay some money for some edginess, that's on you. DO NOT expect to find any authoritative message passed down from on high from Satan himself.

EDGELORDS UNITE under the new banner of the week. Bring forth your checkbooks and debit cards under a new banner...

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love under will." - Crowley
>>
>>17715176
>(c)2002
>Satanism for the new millenium
>Did they get your money?
Confirmed for never having read anything at all related towards the TOBL or esoteric Satanism in general.
>authoritative literature
You miss a fundamental point of Satanic literature. In most esoteric groups, it is understood that the (sometimes collective) presence known as Satan points towards (a) older, more ancient essence(s), often synchronized, homogenized in some cases, that moves and speaks to them in ways those who have been touched with the Black Flame can sense.

To discredit Satanism because they do not devotedly repeat the words of an ancient text, say the Emerald Tablet, as absolute is simply a traditionalist critique. It attempts to portray all listeners to new/ timeless/ formless ones as errant because they do not subscribe to the primacy of some holy text. However, some gnostic forms do have holy books, such as the Templum Falcis Cruentis and the book of Sitra Achra. In these cases, it is believed to be writings transcribed by the scribes of ancient ones.
>like the followers of LaVey
The problem with promoting aesthetic Satanism as the predominant, or "primary" form of Satanism is that there is concurrent evidence of esoteric Satanic groups alongside its formation. For example, Our Lady of Endor was a gnostic Satanic group that also existed around the late 40s and lasted to 1975. Its existence alludes towards there being older esoteric traditions from which past forms of Satanic discourse also developed. As such, Satanism is an alternative approach towards the entirety of mythopoeia, evolving through highly personal and eclectic methodologies.
http://www.satanservice.org/wiki/Herbert_Arthur_Sloane
>edgelords unite
"Edgy". Such a silly response, one which indicates paradigms which exercise thought beyond acceptable ranges of contemplation are to be tossed aside. It is an empty category, being reduced to simply "not-okay", akin to accusations of "sin".
>>
>>17715023
Wow, what a load of shit. You are an edgy little faggot.
>>
File: dt_141105_rope_suicide_800x600.jpg (66 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dt_141105_rope_suicide_800x600.jpg
66 KB, 800x600
>>17715314
Kill yourself.
>>
>>17715294

hey man
stop posting

you are absolutely right, but there's no need to provide so much information about it.
A big part of it is looking for the stuff yourself, and you know that very well
>>
>>17715317
I remember middle school. Isn't it past your bedtime anyway?
>>
>>17715294
What I get out of this is that there is no Satan. It is the collective conscious of the group that is moved by a "feeling" or desire to act out certain rituals (or activities which Christian might call prayer), but no specific "entity" exists. The Universe itself is the prime mover. The adherents use group or individual rituals (or activities) to get in touch with themselves to reach a desired effect. It is the positioning of the group in opposition to "YHWH" and his successors, and use of the term "SATAN", that attracts adherents to the group and not necessarily the belief that any divine entity, save Universal Consciousness, exists.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
>>
>>17715350
>there is no Satan
Not necessarily. Within esoteric Satanism, Satan exists as a multifaceted essence. Its faces are many, manifesting in certain diabolical orders as the Devil, Ibliss, Ahriman, even coming to existence as an ancient, primal dragon of timeless chaos, invokable through attuning.
>the universe itself is the prime mover
In certain forms of gnostic Satanism, the Universal Consciousness is split up into two primary forms, causality and acausality. There is manifestation and formlessness, beginning and no-beginning, the presented and the primordial. Other forms believe that this reality exists in an in-between realm where the Atavistic Force and Manifested Form interact, engaging in cosmological dances through time.
>opposition to YHWH
Some groups don't even believe in YHWH, exploring anti-cosmic Satanism through even Norse mythopoeia.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 440x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 440x622
I know a few post and lurk here, and I know all of them who are actually doing the work and initiating them selves, don't give the slightest care about you all and your sewing circles. Deciding what's edgy and what's not based on your group think and desire to fit in with meme culture. Any one working current 182 or 218 with the eyes to see will be just fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 946x732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 946x732
>>17715485
explain
>even coming to existence as an ancient, primal dragon of timeless chaos, invokable through attuning.
explain
>anti-cosmic
>>
Holy shit, it's Dwight Shrute from The Office, only a faggot satanist instead of a beet farmer.
>>
>>17715485
Don't even bother explaining to them buddy. There was a really conductive thread all week about 182/218. This is not one of them. This is a thread where like minded assholes want to be feel cool by spouting edgy over....and over....and over again. They couldn't even understand most concepts within theistic satanism.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.