[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After death...?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What do YOU think happens?
I believe in God, but I am also very spiritual, and I practice astral projection... Which got me thinking... Do you go where yo think you will go? Or will I go to heaven(or hell) whether it's up to me or not?

I would rather you atheists/etc. not press your cynical beliefs, you aren't going to convince me.
>>
I believe we are judged and punished or rewarded accordingly, until our karma burns out. Then we either reincarnate or exit the wheel of reincarnation altogether, depending on our spiritual development.
>>
File: wolf-144.jpg (67 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
wolf-144.jpg
67 KB, 500x617
When you die you go back to where you came from. The time you spent alive is nothing compared to the time you will spend being dead, so it makes more sense to think of the afterlife less as a place of judgment and more as the default place that you exist in. It is your home more than this world is.
>>
>>17713797
I really like this point of view
>>
>>17713790
Love is about giving,or "cooperation" its not about reward or even worse a spiritual cast system, heaven and hell are just metaphors to control the fearful.
>>
>>17713834
But, there is a judgement, punishment and reward after you die. Whether you think of it as a personal judge or impersonal karma, the outcome of your afterlife is decided according to the way you lived.
>>
>>17713813
Its wrong...

After death is judgement
>>
I think it's likely that the energy that makes up your consciousness is more or less cohesive depending on your strength of will and that the emotions you've built it from give it some sort of polarity to be drawn towards one receiver or another.
>>
>>17713947
Our choices are affected by the quality of conciousness gained in that life time,ie,becoming love.Karma you get what you need,with what you have.
>>
Karma is not about punishment,"it's about balance.
>>
>>17714054
Nobody said anything about karma being about punishment. Learn to read.
>>
>>17714065
Read the posts Stevie.
>>
>>17714090
Judgement.
>>
>>17714110
Assessment!
>>
I think you just die and nothing happens
>>
>>17713768

Just astral project on your deathbed then you can go anywhere and do anything you want. No god necessary.
>>
>>17715284
I think it'd be a little hard to project while dying
>>
>>17713768
I sometimes think you just freeze and there's nothing, but an image and your thoughts and feelings.
>>
Its possible anything could happen. Maybe we are computer simulations and when we die we become a save file of our deeds in life. The programmer takes a look at them when the sim ends and deletes (sends to hell) all the "people" that suck and everyone else gets put into a simbot in the real reality to live forever as a replicant in paradise.
Prove me wrong.
>>
some shit. and some shit accessories.
>>
>>17713768
Nothing happens. You died.
It's like brain damage or Alzheimer's, except instantly. Your body stops having the ability to create thoughts and it just stops. You can't think or have a consciousness if your brain isn't functioning. Read something about neuroscience.
>>
File: 1454120649307.png (1 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1454120649307.png
1 MB, 853x480
>>17713768
Science seems to tend towards the notion that everything is recycled. In that sense I don't believe there is a heaven or hell or judgement where your soul is subtracted from the universe. I don't think either that souls are just created anew by a God, the seemingly "new" soul must also be recycled, like matter. So your soul consists of either a whole soul recycled or pieces of many souls recycled like your body is.

I say "soul" because I don't really know what else to call it. Some strange, seemingly unseen substance that exists on top of the universe like an electromagnetic field maybe. The only reason I believe in it is because so many people (myself included) have witnessed "supernatural" events, things that seem so statistically impossible or completely strange that they suggest the existence of some force tying the mind to matter. Sometimes prayer works, sometimes magic works, sometimes all these rituals performed throughout the thousands of years of human history work, against all reasonable odds. Similarly sometimes "Gods" speak to us, or things that seem like Gods. Sometimes they come down into our visible, physical world and do things. Disregarding all supernatural phenomena is just as stupid as believing all of it, but the fact that some of it actually happens is proof enough that there is something out there we are not completely aware of, that exists to be studied and explored academically.

/blogshit
>>
>>17713768
I was raised protestant, it was horrible.
I use to have nightmares of dying and going to hell.
I flat out refuse to believe it exist.

I'd like to believe that our collective energy is absorbed by the cosmos when our galaxies inevitable implosion happens. And re distributed to the far reaches of space when a new galaxy is formed or the ones around us slowly pull the debris into their fields.

A new species will eventually be created, considering how incredibly rare carbon based life forms are in the universe.
>>
>>17715347
literally what did the op just say you fucking tard. Unbelievable
>>
What happens after death is dependent on what you believe will happen. If you believe in god and heaven/hell then you will be "judged" by your subconcious based on how you feel you were in life. If you believe in reincarnation then you will be reincarnated. Its like a mind over matter type of thing, when you die (or in the process of dying rather) your subconscious takes over and you will imagine whatever you believe comes next. Think of it this way, your subconscious makes it so you don't freak out while dying, going where you believe you will go would comfort you into actual cessation of consciousness. Its hard to put this into words but I firmly believe in this.
>>
OP if you were really sick, who would you go to, a doctor or anonymous posters on the internet? Likewise on the subject of death and the afterlife, the same anonymous posters or the great sages, philosophers and religions of the world?

To put it another way. It's really hard for any of us to answer this question as no one has seen the afterlife and gone back. But what if someone had seen it and come back to tell the tale? Well, the Myth or Er in Plato's Republic narrates just that. But Plato's view of the afterlife is not just speculative. Plato was never just a philosopher in the modern sense of idle "intellectual". He was an initate. Within Plato's philosophy are contained many doctrines he learned from the Egyptians and in the ancient mysteries (and who knows where else), and I find his views to be in agreement (safe for minor details) with the teachings of many of the world's great religions and mystics. And whatever he learned in those mysteries he found it so worthwhile as to define the entire goal of philosophy as tp learn how to die (death here seen in an entirely positive light and life as a mere preparation for it). It's worth checking out if you're really interested.

>β€œTo die, to sleep -
To sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub,
For in this sleep of death what dreams may come...”
― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
>>
I believe in reincarnation. Between death and reincarnation remains a mystery though.
>>
scp 2718
>>
After death, you're no longer alive.
>>
>>17715814
Probably you spend about as long on the negative side of zero as the length you had been on the positive side before you died.
>>
I basicly think you exist as a spirit, the closest religion to my believe would be shinto
>>
>>17713978
How do you 'know' this? I mean really know. Every person on this planet at the very least has the slightest bit of curiosity on what actually happens after we die, because no one really 'knows'. It's all faith. I'm not bagging your religion or lack thereof, just keep an open mind is all I'm saying.
>>
>>17713768
nothing, or you respown, until an other death, if it's still not time you reroll undefinitly, no one grab total concousnness of all there death, exept for some of us. And thats just borring when they just try and try to kill you and don't remenber they just did 3 day ago.
>>
>>17715335
I don't have to prove you wrong because no person can prove their claim is true.
>>
>>17716327
Funny how no one ever tells someone they agree with to keep an open mind because they could be wrong.

It's almost like when people say "keep an open mind" they are trying to politely say "you're completely full of shit."
>>
File: 17200.jpg (21 KB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
17200.jpg
21 KB, 300x176
>>17715691
>OP if you were really sick, who would you go to, a doctor or anonymous posters on the internet? Likewise on the subject of death and the afterlife, the same anonymous posters or the great sages, philosophers and religions of the world?

Just reinforcing this.

According to the Buddha:

>"Then the hell-wardens, seizing (such a being) by the arms, present him to King Yama: 'This is a man, your majesty, with no respect for mother, no respect for father [1], no reverence for contemplatives, no reverence for brahmans, no honor for the leaders of his clan. Let your majesty decree his punishment.'

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.130.than.html

According to Plato
Some prince or potentate, perhaps even the great king himself, appears before Rhadamanthus, and he instantly detects him, though he knows not who he is; he sees the scars of perjury and iniquity, and sends him away to the house of torment.

>to Rhadamanthus the souls are only known as good or bad; they are stripped of their dignities and preferments; he despatches the bad to Tartarus, labelled either as curable or incurable, and looks with love and admiration on the soul of some just one, whom he sends to the islands of the blest.
>>
File: 17300.jpg (25 KB, 300x184) Image search: [Google]
17300.jpg
25 KB, 300x184
>>17717549
According to the Egyptians:

>'Keep ward over the enemies, and bind ye fast those who shall be smitten. O ye gods who are behind the standards, and who are in the following of Seb, I give ye the power to bind fast the enemies and to keep ward over the wicked. Let them not go forth from under your hands, let them not slip through your fingers. O enemies, ye are reckoned for slaughter according to the decree which [was given] to you by him that with his body, and created the Tuat by his members(?). He hath passed the decree for you to be punished, and he taketh count of you and what ye do . . . . . . . '"

I won't even cite Christianity and Islam. Make no mistake, the afterlife is a place of judgement (unless you're enlightened) according to all of the world's great religions. Notice that even the Buddha, the "compassionate one", is of the same opinion, and if you're going to play the "organized religion bogeyman" card, there's Plato as well.
>>
I'm probably going someplace worse because of my rebellion against TPTB during this existence.
>>
>>17717554
>to Rhadamanthus the souls are only known as good or bad; they are stripped of their dignities and preferments;
>>
>>17713978
How can there be a "final judgement" if the concept of good and evil is nothing more than a human construct. Wake up, think for yourself.
>>
>>17715549
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking
>>
>>17717922
*tips
>>
>>17715549
OK - so I believe when I die all existence ends and every soul that thinks they will be judged or reincarnate will be eradicated and cease to exist for the rest of time.

>your subconscious takes over and you will imagine whatever you believe comes next

There is a huge difference between things that happen and things that are imagined to happen.

So when I die with above believe, do I simply imagine the rest of existence dies with me, or do all those souls ACTUALLY cease to exist despite their own beliefs?
>>
Who "Judges" us?
>>
I'll hopefully become some sort of god when I die.
>>
>>17713768
If you already practice astral projection then your soul will go exactly where you want it to go. You've already won the battle for control over your afterlife.
>>
>>17715691
>>17717549
>>17717551
Cast not pearls before swine.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.