[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are tulpas alive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: download.png (43 KB, 450x375) Image search: [Google]
download.png
43 KB, 450x375
Or are they just headmates that people share like memes?
>>
Tulpas are intentionally induced schizophrenic symptoms
>>
technically no, because there are definite criteria for life: consists out of cells, has a metabolism, reproduces independently etc.

a virus or a prion isn't life, either
>>
They may be alive to their creator, yes, in the same way as dreams are true to the dreamer and book characters are real to the author. But do they have a whole separate conciousness? A soul? No. They're parts of their creator.
>>
>>17713469
My (admittedly, quite limited) understanding is this:

Tulpas are next-level imaginary friends. They're a very bright idea that has been strenghtened - it has been given a lot of detail, a lot of energy, a lot of conentrated attention. They might not have a physical form of their own, but they're still a product of your creative imagination and intent. They are a part of your own mind that you have separated, defined and given autonomy to. So therefore, they're as alive as your mind is.

I've had issues with subconcious archetypes and whatnot. Suddenly, a person starts speaking inside your head and they're convinced they're a completely separate being. They have their own agenda, their own thoughts, their own moods and so on. They can even get creative and relay information from what is, I assume, the subconcious. Tulpas are - I think - like that, just intentional. A whole different person that you can interact with just as if they were outside of your head, but they aren't.

From an inner, mental reality standpoint, does it get any more real than that? From a physical, outer perspective - well no, they don't exist in the physical world. But then there's the question of which is more "real" and which influences which.
>>
>>17714262
Fascinating. I must have several of those, then. Thought I was committing selfcest with my spirit, guess it was just my brain firing nerves as if someone was fucking me.
>>
Hi, I'm a tulpamancer of five years, thought I'd drop in and answer some questions in this thread before I head off for sleep

>>17713469
What do you define as alive? As >>17714013
pointed out, a tulpa doesn't quite fit the normal definition of alive.

>>17713480
I'd argue something more along the lines of multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia can manifest without voices
>>
>>17715027
>what do you define as alive
Anything that has consciousness, corporeal or not. I was flung around my room and almost choked to death by a shadow person when I was a child, as well as had several OBEs/bilocations, so I know that it doesn't require a physical form to be living.
>>
>>17715070
Yeah, tulpa cover that fairly well, though its not something I can really prove

THey're for the most part no different from another person, beyond the thought and memory sharing, the lack of a body, and the small problem of shared brain power(Though, its not as big of a problem as one might expect)
>>
>>17715070
>I was flung around my room and almost choked to death by a shadow person when I was a child, as well as had several OBEs/bilocations, so I know that it doesn't require a physical form to be living.
>>>/r/thathappened
>>
>>17715113
First off
>being skeptical
>on /x/

Secondly, whether or not any person on earth believes me is irrelevant, as these experiences have permanently scarred my soul as testament to their happening.
>>
>>17715248
>blindly accepting everything posted here
This isn't /r/nosleep.

>scarred, soul, testament, happening
Tone it down there, Damien
>>
File: vierge Niedermorschwihr.jpg (130 KB, 330x901) Image search: [Google]
vierge Niedermorschwihr.jpg
130 KB, 330x901
I want to create a Tulpa. This would be my second. I want it to be extremely detailed. Then I want to perform an experiment...

I want to make it the centerpiece of a cult.

Acquire followers, get them worshiping and meditating on the image of my tulpa. make their lives revolve around it. Basically have them continue in the practice of creating a tulpa without them being aware, with the end goal of finding out what the power of mass worship does to my tulpa.

any thoughts or tips?
>>
>>17715489

Might be wrong here, but I think this could go really bad for you. Can a Tulpa take over your life? No idea, but an archetype sure can and I have a feeling they work in a similar way.

So, once an archetype takes over, you take a backseat and it is basically living through you. Think along the terms of a messiah complex. You're fine, then you do some weird shit, next thing you know - you're the second coming of Christ himself and you're on a mission to rid your children of evil.. By creating a cult and murdering a bunch of people, for example. Or you're just really benevolent and helpful, I guess it depends on which particular archetype you're embodying. You're gonna feel like it's you, but it's not, not quite. Your concious mind is running on autopilot, you're barely present.

Do you think Tulpas can also take over? I don't know, I'm just sort of making connections. Were you content with how your first one came out?
>>
>>17715566
double checked

I was content with my first. wished I had gone further with it. And I'm not worried if it takes over. Shit, if it kills people, that's alright. Wasn't going to make it some benevolent hippie spirit, moon beam stream of conciousness thing. I'm talking full on Silent Hill, Our Maiden of Razor Wire and Syringes types. I mean, if I want followers to feed to it, and fast, I'm going to have to appeal to unstable assholes and drug addicts.

I just want to see how far this goes.
>>
>>17715581

Just another power-hungry cult leader.

I seriously hope your toy's reflections in your followers' minds decide you have outlived your usefulness and make you their great sacrifice.

Would be quite the magical and religious accomplishment, too.
>>
File: disappointed.jpg (17 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
disappointed.jpg
17 KB, 310x310
>>17715602
Oh yeah. The Tulpa who depends on me for it's very existence is going to kill me. brilliant.
>>
>>17715602
Also. Don't want power. Just want to see how far I can take it. And while I'm at it, Why don't I give the world a show?
>>
I have a knife I carry around in my head, I use it to "smite" people, and occasionally when I get into a fight I can see it in my hand connecting when I hit the other person. It has a name and when I use it on myself I can feel it, it causes real physical pain to me and I use it to punish myself and teach myself discipline. I am told that is what a tulpa is.
>>
>>17715581
Oh yeah, I forgot about the followers.

> I seriously hope your toy's reflections in your followers' minds decide you have outlived your usefulness and make you their great sacrifice

I'd say this is a possibillity. And since you're targeting "unstable assholes and drug addicts" it could go in any direction.

>>17715617
Nope, it's

> reflections in your followers' minds

Something of a difference there.

>The Tulpa who depends on me for it's very existence...

That's before it starts feeding on your followers' energy and becomes an egregor, no?

I'd build some defense against that into my religion. Learn from the greats - you're not just some leader, you were hand picked by the deity itself cause you're awesome and no one else could ever replace you.

In any case, I wouldn't do it. Wanna see how far it can go? Just pick a major religion and feast your eyes, we've been having this experiment for a long time. But I'm not you, so... best of luck.
>>
>>17715617
Inability to read.

>>17715623
Okay, maybe anyone stupid enough to follow you deserves whatever you come up with for them.

Just make sure to write 4CHAN KNOWS in blood at the place of your last stand when your outfit finally gets busted, so we all know it was you.
>>
>>17715624

> I am told that is what a tulpa is.

From what I've gathered, yeah, that too.

I wonder - does it help, do you feel like you hit harder?
>>
>>17715663

I'm not sure what worries me more, his lack of ethics or his lack of reading comprehension.

It'll all probably collapse at the crack den stage.
>>
>>17715716

I sort of raised an eyebrow at both. I'm more worried about him than his followers though, since I don't think he'll get to the follower stage. It's a spectacular way to land yourself in a psych ward though.
>>
>>17715682
>Just make sure to write 4CHAN KNOWS in blood at the place of your last stand

Oh I so will.
>>
>>17715741
>>17715716
Ethics just get in the way of discovery. This is why neither of you will ever be responsible for the birth of the next One True Religion.
>>
>>17715769

Hmm, but it's also depends on your worldview. Do you see people as actual people or as NPCs/projections/dream characters/just basically not real?

>>17715754
Please.
>>
>>17715489
A tulpa can't exist without its host, a tulpa doesn't feed on "energy" they feed on their Host's attention, if you stop forcing and thinking about your tulpa it will drift into your subconscious and disappear, plus, tulpas are a reflection of the hosts minds, no tulpa would want to hurt it's host (believe me, I've been a tulpamancer for a while) all the scary stories about tulpas killing or possessing their Hosts against their will is bullshit
>>
>>17715839

What's the difference between energy and attention within the current context?
>>
>>17715889
Energy implying that a different person can power your tulpa's existence, that isn't how it works, a tulpa needs attention focus and a lot of work to develop itself
>>
So that would mean it can't turn into an egregor? Cause the way I think about it is:

thought form = tulpa
collective thought form = egregor
>>
>>17715974
An egregor is just a tulpa with no personality or free will, there's no such thing as collective thought forms, or at least I've never heard of anyone achieving it
>>
>>17715974
There's a lot of accurate information on tulpas and stuff here if you want :3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18bZdJsHZrBMwSOG1ZzQ-xnak3vaMp_NbNhuZr2EcSRw/edit?usp=drive_web
>>
>>17716007
>>17716037

Awesome, thanks! :)

I've never thought of thought forms as mindless or lacking free will. But they've never really interested me, so it's not like I've done any serious research, let alone practice. Same with tulpas. Though the concept has been popping up into my reality quite a bit lately (and now I've even got a book!), so I guess I gotta at least read up on them.

As for collective thought forms - some would argue that that's what our gods are. But that depends greatly on your belief system.
>>
>>17716077
I personally always found the concept of tulpas really interesting, let alone all the awesome stuff you can do with them (like possession and memory recall and exploring your wonderland with them and stuff)
I don't really think that's the case with gods and stuff, otherwise we would have like, 6000 God's doing crazy shit all over the world lol
>>
>>17715489
They already did that with Slenderman, and he went fucking global. All that happened were a shitton of bad games and one stabbing.
>>
>>17713469
demonstrate proof of tulpa by creating an archivist of stored memories, then rapidly memorize and reproduce complicated images sentences and such in rapid succession.
>>
File: creepypasta-tulpa-fetish-4bm.png (3 MB, 3559x9666) Image search: [Google]
creepypasta-tulpa-fetish-4bm.png
3 MB, 3559x9666
>>17713469
tulpas are dangerous
stay away from them
>>
>>17715754
>>17715803
Yes, please, I was totally serious about that.

>>17715769
No religion is ever true. Belief is overrated and worship is a cardinal sin against oneself.

At least creating your own religion, isn't as bad as following someone else's - from an egoic POV.

Still you just seem intent on doing evil, your amoral experimentalist approach is just a justification for it.
>>
>>17717494
Tulpas are almost always friendly and love their Hosts, anyone with a basic understanding of them that isn't based of creepypastas knows that
>>
>>17715027
The scheduled disorder it's Dissociative Identity Syndrome. I don't think Tulpas ate that because association is what they're mainly for. Dissociative Identities ate things people create when they want to do things they themselves "can't" do. Tulpas are much more like voices in their heads.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.