[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come /x/ always jizzes themselves over the Christine Chu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10
File: heartbeat in the brain.jpg (28 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
heartbeat in the brain.jpg
28 KB, 420x280
How come /x/ always jizzes themselves over the Christine Chubbuck suicide tape, but almost never talks about this?

http://lostmediawiki.com/Heartbeat_in_the_Brain_%28lost_Amanda_Fielding_trepanation_documentary;_1970%29

It was screened in the Instute of Contemporary Arts of London in 2011 (and many times in the 1970's - 1980's) so definitely copies do exist. The woman who made the movie is also proven to be alive.

Amanda Feilding works for the Beckley Foundation (a foundation that aims to educate people about psychedelics, not really that surprising). I couldn't find her contact info on the Beckley Foundation's site, but there's a phone number. We should call it and try to ask for Amanda Feilding's contact info and mention the movie. They've also got a twitter and other social media outlets.
+44 (0)1865 351019
https://twitter.com/BeckleyResearch
http://beckleyfoundation.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Feilding

(Other lost media discussion welcome)
>>
>>17708878
http://www.vice.com/read/meet-the-man-who-drilled-a-hole-in-his-own-skull-to-stay-high-forever

related
>>
>actually believing in trepanation
I bet you also believe in ghosts and lucid dreaming?
>>
>How come /x/ always jizzes themselves over the Christine Chubbuck suicide tape, but almost never talks about this?

We don't. Newbies come here, find the tape, see it, say, "oh, huh." and move on.

Now if you have the tape in question, let's see it. Otherwise, this is another lost media.
>>
>>17708962
>Now if you have the tape in question
The Christine Chubbuck suicide tape? I do not have it, neither do I have the "heartbeat in the brain"-tape (even though it was probably filmed on film).
>>
>>17708987
>filmed on film

As opposed to filmed on molasses?
>>
>>17708995
lol. No matter how it was captured, my point remains that if you have the recorded video of the heartbeat in the brain footage, please post it. It appears you do not, so I'm unsure why you cite a false comparison. People on /x/ would be interested in both, OP.
>>
>>17708995
I mean filmed on a film reel. The movie was filmed in 1970, back then most amateur video cameras used 8 mm film (super 8), as VHS and beta tape (cassette) cameras only came after 1975.

>>17709012
Yeah. If there's a cassette tape version then of course ripping it would be easier, but you're right.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>17709032
I disagree with those redirecting you to other boards. I think /x/ is a great board to post this. if you have it. Do you have it? If not, do you have any leads? Other than the non-leads in the OP?
>>
>>17709139
>Do you have it?
If I had it I would have uploaded it somewhere already.
>Other than the non-leads in the OP?
No. I wouldn't dismiss those leads though. We need to get in contact with Amanda Fielding, since she is probably the only person who might have a copy of the film. You could try emailing/calling the institute of contemporary arts of London and ask them if they're planning on setting up new screenings anytime soon.

https://www.ica.org.uk/contact
>>
>>17709065
Nah, fuck off cunt
>>
there's a massive bounty for this over on Cinemageddon
>>
I checked the wikipedia page's source for the claim that it was screened at the Instute of Contemporary Arts of London in 2011 and found this .pdf
https://web.archive.org/web/20130310203841/http://ica.org.uk/download.php?id=881

>Thursday 28 April
>Talk 7pm: Amanda Feilding: Heartbeat in the Brain
Artist and activist Amanda Feilding discusses the history of trepanation, from the Neolithic to the present,
>including her own controversial self-trepanation in 1970. Feilding documented the event in a film that has achieved near mythical status, Heartbeat in the Brain, and will be screened during the evening at the ICA

Some googling also revealed that she and a man Joseph "Joey" Mellen (the guy who wrote "Bore Hole", a book about his self trepanation) have two sons, both adults by now (born in -79 and -85).

The older one has some internet presence, do you think it would be weird to contact him and ask "Hey, do you know how we could contact your mother and ask her about a skull drilling documentary she made in the 1970's?"
https://twitter.com/rhbfm
http://sociallyconsciouscapital.co.uk/our-team

On a related note, here's a fairly recent (may 2015) interview of Amanda Feilding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBGTJXLmfOc

>>17709459
How much?
>>
Anyone wanna bet Amanda Feilding probably doesn't even want people to see the movie? She has said that she doesn't think people should do their trepanations themselves, but rather have a medical professional do it for them. She has said that she only made the movie to raise awareness of trepanation and only did it herself because she couldn't find a doctor to perform the surgery on her.

>>17709820
I asked in the comments of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBGTJXLmfOc if the maker of the video knows how to get in touch with her.
>>
>>17708944
Ghosts I can see being skeptical about. But lucid dreaming? Why would you use that as an example?
>>
>>17709903
People are skeptical about everything they don't understand
>>
>>17708910
Wow, that was fascinating. Great share, anon.

I find it very interesting that he wasn't affected mentally by this procedure. He seems to be an intelligent person and I even understand his reasons for doing it. The idea that the soft skull of infancy allows for changes in blood flow around the brain is really interesting. I'm not sure if it's correct, and I certainly won't be drilling into my own head any time soon, but it's something to think about.
>>
>>17708944
Lucid dreaming is a documented reality, anon. I'm sorry to hear you've never experienced it.
>>
>>17708878
If quads then chubbuck tape exists still
>>
>>17710000
Getting quads on a board as slow as /x/ isn't really that impressive. Still checked them
>>
>>17710000
/x/ is a slow board, anon. Means nothing.
>>
>>17709989
>The idea that the soft skull of infancy allows for changes in blood flow around the brain is really interesting
Yeah, almost makes me want to get some trepanation done on my own skull, but then I realize I'd always have to wear a hat when its sunny outside and I could die from an unlucky shot to the head
>>
>>17708878
So we're transcending the need for skulls?
>>
File: 1446157076763.jpg (53 KB, 478x665) Image search: [Google]
1446157076763.jpg
53 KB, 478x665
There are snippets of the video from the doc "A Hole in the Head".

That's something, atleast.
>>
>>17710202
>http://lostmediawiki.com/Heartbeat_in_the_Brain_%28lost_Amanda_Fielding_trepanation_documentary;_1970%29
Oops, the wiki already says so
>>
>>17710000

It actually does:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/death-hags-christine-chubbuck-suicide-video.html
>>
>>17710297
i dont have to click it to know its that stupid article about it and not the actual video.

Apparently the FBI had a copy of the video and gave it to relatives. (a bit bizarre)

IF this is the case and the relatives got it, they probably destroyed it.
>>
File: TheSesameStreetExperiment.jpg (21 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
TheSesameStreetExperiment.jpg
21 KB, 300x223
>>
>>17710342

No the station owner has the only copy, his widow now has it.
>>
>>17710373
Whats that?
>>
>>17712106
Source?
>>
>>17709459
>there's a massive bounty for this over on Cinemageddon

>>17709820
>How much?

1.8TB of upload, 90K credits - 1.4TB and 61K credits were put up by Dycaite alone (Lost Media admin)
>>
>>17712974
Welp, time to find it and claim the bounty
>>
>>17713052
3rd largest upload bounty the site has ever had
>>
>>17713058
Whats the largest one?
>>
>>17713060
a lost 1985 Gary Coleman TV movie called Playing with Fire; 2TB
>>
the bounty system is one of the reasons I love CG
>>
Emailed the beckley foundation asking them to forward the email to Amanda Feilding. I hope they don't trash my mail
>>
>>17713064
>Unintentionally hilarious made-for-TV film starring a not-so-young Gary Coleman as a teenage arsonist. The authorities, friends, and neighbors warn his absentee parents until it is too late.

I need to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC0nlTQC0IY
>>
>>17713064
>>17713102
>>17713058
Is there a list of the bounties somewhere?
>>
>>17713138
do you have a Cinemageddon account? If so, just go to the requests section of the site.
>>
>>17713058
I just bumped it up to number one ;)
>>
>>17713145
No, I don't have an account. I haven't paid much attention to private trackers. I presume its invite only?

>>17713149
You must really want to see this.
>>
File: cgbounty.png (217 KB, 779x936) Image search: [Google]
cgbounty.png
217 KB, 779x936
>>17713138
>>
>>17713150
Very much so!
>>
>>17713153
Me too. Do you know if anyone has tried contacting the Beckley Foundation before?

Maybe a britbong anon could go visit them or the London Institute of Contemporary Arts?
>>
>>17708962
>Newbies come here, find the tape, see it, say, "oh, huh."
What? No one comes her and finds the tape. The Christine Chubbuck video was either destroyed or locked away.
>>
>>17713166
I don't remember exactly where I read it, but I'm pretty sure people have done that and have been told that there are no plans for the film to be released.
>>
>>17713170
>have been told that there are no plans for the film to be released
Welp, I guess we'll need to acquire a time machine, go back to 2011 and make a camrip (or hope for a screening)
>>
>>17713170
Also, when I uploaded the snippet from the film to YouTube, the Beckley Foundation put a copyright claim on it. So yeah, pretty clear message there :/

Although if the demand is there, I can definitely see them releasing it one day.
>>
>>17713173
>Also, when I uploaded the snippet from the film to YouTube, the Beckley Foundation put a copyright claim on it
Where'd you get the snippet? Is it the one from the documentary about the movie?
>>
>>17713179
>Is it the one from the documentary about the movie?

Yep; I managed to get it to stay up on Dailymotion a while back

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qyviw_a-hole-in-the-head-self-trepanation_school
>>
>>17713182
not asking for an invite or anything, but what kinds of lost videos are you looking for? i have some VHS tapes of weird shit like russian supper club music videos and i think a bunch of those religious videos that hate on mormons and catholics and even a few soopy monster ones from the late 80's early 90's.

i was going to get another VCR and the shit to copy them on my computer and just put them on mega.

is there anything else that people are looking for? I'm always down to help shit get preserved for the future.
>>
>>17713202
>is there anything else that people are looking for? I'm always down to help shit get preserved for the future.
Here's a whole wiki full of stuff that is considered lost
http://lostmediawiki.com/
>>
>>17713215
ok cool.

i run across strange shit in weird out of the way thrift shops and estate sales. if i ever find another batch of 8 and 16 mm film i might just digitally convert them.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 1200x900
>>17710010
>dismissing quads of truth just because it's on a slow board

Massive faggot
>>
>>17713240
>image.jpg
Not gonna say it

>>17713233
Almost makes me want to go trift shopping
>>
>>17713168
Only edgelords would want to see it anyways
>>
>>17713323
>hurr
>>
>>17713250
estate sales are where its at with finding weird films, that are actually on films. that or getting a job at a big church thrift shop.
>>
>>17713327
>can't think of a counterargument so I'll imply he's a retard
>>
>>17713323

I don't consider myself an "edgelord" but I want to see it.
>>
File: burger sweats.jpg (80 KB, 768x1152) Image search: [Google]
burger sweats.jpg
80 KB, 768x1152
Oh fuck, got a reply from the Beckley Foundation:

Dear John,
Thank you for your email. This is the email Amanda Fielding's office. She is away at the moment and yes, she has copies of the film, but as you know they are not public. I will pass on your message to Amanda, so if you would like to send us more information about yourself that would be great.
Best regards,
Vivian

Vivian L. Kear
PA to Amanda Feilding, Countess of Wemyss
The Beckley Foundation
Beckley Park
Oxford
OX3 9SY
+44 (0)1865 351019
www.beckleyfoundation.org
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

To sum it up
>Amanda Feilding has copies of the film, but they're not public
>She's away at the moment
>The message will be passed on to her

Do I even need to reply, or should I wait?

t: socially awkward autist

My original email:

I am contacting you because I'm a lost media enthusiast (someone who is interested in finding and preserving lost/rarely seen pieces of media such as movies, music, books etc.) and I'm trying to find a copy of the documentary "Heartbeat in the brain"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbeat_in_the_Brain) that the founder of your foundation, Amanda Feilding made in 1970. Would it be at all possible for you to forward her this email or ask her if she is ever going to release the documentary or if she even owns a copy of it anymore?
>>
>>17713483

Do they uh, watch you after you ask for a video of someone who digs into their brain?
>>
>>17713494
>Do they uh, watch you after you ask for a video of someone who digs into their brain?
First of all, trepanation is just drilling a small hole into your skull and no, you won't get into a watchlist.
>>
>>17713483
How fast did you get this reply? If it was within a few hours maybe wait a day for a potential response from Fielding herself. If not, maybe get a bit more pushy with another email? Even if she's unwilling to release it for free I'm sure there are people who are dedicated enough to this to pay for it.
>>
>>17713533
Around 4 hours. Probably gonna wait until tomorrow
>>
>>17713533
>Even if she's unwilling to release it for free I'm sure there are people who are dedicated enough to this to pay for it.
I'd probably hop on a plane to britbongland to see it
>>
>>17713546
Sounds like a solid plan. Nothing to lose from being a little pushy about getting it released, really.
>>17713548
Me too.
>>
>>17713746
>Nothing to lose from being a little pushy about getting it released, really
dycaite (the tripfag, the founder of the lost media wiki) said earlier in this thread that she probably doesn't even want to release the movie. I hope we can atleast get a screening, as that allows people to see it
>>
>>17708878
>/x/ never talks about this trepanation video.

No op, if by never you mean every couple of days. And the missing media page on Wikipedia is talked about 24 hours a day here.

It's not like it's never been done before. Jesus why do I still visit this nursery school.
>>
>>17713533

Surely we can do some sort of "GoFundMe" for a copy or something?
>>
Saw at least part of this video (the trepanning doc) at some point, a long time ago(80's) . Have no idea what channel, but def on American tv. Feel like it could've been on HBO or one of the other pay channels.
>>
>>17714905
Not really.

You could raise all the money you want, but if she doesn't want to sell then you are shit out of luck.

>>17714999
The documentary A Hole in the Head has some footage from it.
>>
>>17713151
>Filled by dycaite
>Filled by dycaite
>Filled by dycaite
>>
File: mahnigga.jpg (26 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
mahnigga.jpg
26 KB, 446x336
>>17715830
>>
>>17715031
I bet she is waiting until the demand for the film is so high that she can make a massive profit off of releasing it.
>>
>>17716029
She's in her 70's and she's clearly the eccentric artist type. I doubt its about the money. She herself has said (since the 1970's) that she doesn't believe in self-trepanation, but only did it because no doctor wanted to do it for her. Maybe she just doesn't want to give people ideas about doing it themselves?
>>
>>17716047
well, i mean, part of the film is her specifically stating that she doesn't support self-trepaning and that she only did it in an attempt to get more people in the medical profession to research it, so i dont think that's the reason. she is clearly aware of the demand; she screened in in 2011...
>>
I don't understand why would you guys want to preserve this footage it's not special, the person it's alive and well, the procedure is known for ages, and as the A hole In The Head mentions even tribes that do that procedures with fucking cutouts from cans get 96 percent to live, literally unimportant
>>
>>17716089
oh sorry, do you have other recordings of people performing trepanation on themselves? oh, you don't? how interesting.
>>
>>17716089
Because its unavailable. If the movie was easily available it wouldn't be considered lost/rarely seen media
>>
>>17716093
Watch A Hole In The Head on vimeo, guy gives instructions on how to do it yourself, do it, film yourself, viola, you're next whatever that woman's name is...
>>
>>17716114
hmm i wonder why noone has done that yet
/s
>>
>>17716125
Me too, people in the documentary say you need to read few medical instructions on how to the treparation, it's one of the simplest surgeon procedures after all, if you think you're going achieve higher conciseness you might as well do it, but don't forget to film yourself
>>
>>17716133
just google it, you're golden. do it nao
>>
>>17716133
>>17716146
might as well cut your arm off while you're at it, that'll make the aron ralston tapes obsolete. then shoot yourself on live TV, that'll take care of the chubbuck tape. problem solved
>>
>>17713483
>This is the email Amanda Fielding's office

*raises eyebrow*

Also, they spelt her name wrong... It's Fei, not Fie
>>
>>17716257
Most english speaking people will subconsciously spell is as "fie" because "Fielding" has the word "Field" in it and "Feilding" sounds drammatically wrong.
>>
paging Dycaite....
>>
>>17716263
Still, if they work for the woman, you'd assume they knew how to spell her name. Eh
>>
>>17716266
just ask for him on the LMW shoutbox, he tends to reply pretty quickly
>>
what do you guys suppose happened here?

http://lostmediawiki.com/Game_in_the_Sand_(lost_Werner_Herzog_short;_1964)

i'm guessing it had to had been worse than the kids simply killing the chicken since herzog has done seen some pretty messed up stuff on camera yet this is the only one he refuses to release
>>
>>17716300
Maybe it has stuff thats illegal to release?
>>
>>17716557
i doubt it, he's never said anything to suggest that before
>>
>>17716266
What's up?
>>
File: fatal.jpg (22 KB, 1220x144) Image search: [Google]
fatal.jpg
22 KB, 1220x144
>>17708878
>http://lostmediawiki.com/Heartbeat_in_the_Brain_%28lost_Amanda_Fielding_trepanation_documentary;_1970%29
>>
>>17716089
>even tribes that do that procedures with fucking cutouts

I don't get it. People in medieval times died from slight flesh wounds because no one could handle infections. How the hell would you survive this?
>>
>>17716730
tribal society > feudal society
>>
>>17716715
working fine for me are you sure you copied the whole link?
>>
>>17716877
Seems to be working for me now. Still,

>showing PHP errors to end users
>>
>>17716891
Sacrifice I had to make to get the comments extension working properly.
>>
>>17716257
>*raises eyebrow*
*unsheathes katana*
*teleports behind you*

>>17716730
>How the hell would you survive this?
By being lucky.
Besides, it's not like in the middle ages folks were just dropping dead left and right from small cuts.
>>
Daily reminder that lost media isn't /x/
>>
>>17718196
gb2(site that I'm not allowed to mention or else the mods will ban me)
>>
>>17708878
since the beggining of medicine, people drilled holes in their own head to see what was up
it's actually rather painless and happened on way more than one occasion
>>
Email anon here, no additional replies yet. Probably gonna wait until monday afternoon and then reply
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.