[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I posted this few times on /r9k/ but people there will rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
I posted this few times on /r9k/ but people there will rather masturbate to traps than actually try to suggest something.

So, basically, sometimes I get stuck in dreams.
Sometimes, mostly close to mornings, when I have to wake up, while still sleeping and having dreams, I get an idea that it's a dream and I'm sleeping, but whenever I try to wake up, I end up starting a new dream or starting everything over again. I close my eyes and open it just to find myself in another dream. This has happened to me several times this previous week, but actually started pretty long time ago. I did not care about it until now, when it got too frequent

Most of the time everything is just like reality, so much that I would not be able to distinguish it if I did not have the feeling that all of this was not real. I think it's some kind of sleep paralysis, but thing is I can fully control myself in dreams like this, while being aware that I'm sleeping
>>
File: 1420841760048.jpg (81 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1420841760048.jpg
81 KB, 645x773
bump

help please
>>
>>17706075
help with what? sounds like fun.
>>
while this is happening can you feel your real life bodys senses? can you feel yourself laying down?
>>
Sounds like you're lucid dreaming? I used to lucid dream when i was a kid, not anymore though.
>>
>>17706053
Are you taking any new medications? Severe stress lately?
>>
>>17706093
No, but I can feel everything in dream
>>
>>17706096
He/She is with multiple false awakenings.

Those can be horrible, and it can mess with your head in the waking world if you let it.
>>
>>17706099
do research on lucid dreaming, . I dont know what else to tell you. Try to wake yourself up before anything bad happens, and if you do realize your dreaming. Do something about the bad thing happening. You are lucid dreaming you are the one in control. Control your dreams while lucid
>>
>>17706118
Yes, I can control myself, but thing is I can't wake up. As I said, whenever I try to close and open my eyes, dream starts all over again

>>17706098

Yes, pretty severe depression

>>17706098
No medication, No drugs, no alcohol. That's the reason I'm asking this, as it seems kind of unnatural
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3018x2263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3018x2263
>>17706053
I have had the same thing happen to me, not for a while now but atleast for 4-5 months straight last year.

Dreams would, just as you describe atart where the last took off usually (from what I can imagine) durimg the final stage of my sleep.

I would plow through half a dozen scenarios each night/morning, some good some bad.

I juat rode it out, it passed for me. No telling if it will for you but I have been there so you are not alone! Stay strong and even if it lasts for far longer of a time than mine atleast take heart in knowing you get to experience things other than the medicore human life!

Godspeed.
>>
I've experienced this, maybe 4 years ago now but it was like the dream reset itself everytime I was close to exiting this house. In the house were monsters and objects that came to life. I had to 'redo' the dream probably 7 times until I was able to leave the house. The dream went on for a bit after that.
>>
>>17706053
this sounds like my life but each false awakening creates a deeper nightmare.
>>
So you get stuck in dreams that are lucid and you are able to control anything in the dream? If that's the case then pretty much as long as you're able to control any parameters on the dream, then you can perfectly tell if it's a dream or not. And getting 'stuck' on lucid dreams is not too bad unless it affects you in the way that you end up sleeping 10-12 hours a day and you're late to work or whatever you normally do in case you don't live on your parents' basement.
If it doesn't affect you in that way then just take advantage of it, use it as a way of discovering and expanding consciousness, rather than wasting it in 'lel imagine le waifu 2 have the sex' or generating zombie apocalypse scenarios.
Chances are, as soon as you start enjoying it, it'll stop. Right now what's making this happen this much is your concern.
>>
>>17706109
If this is the case then he needs to learn how to properly control his mind in lucid dreams. If he is already in control then I see nothing 'horrible' or negative about false awakenings/lucid dreams.
>>
>>17706913
becouse you want
focus your mind in good dreams doing some npl before you go to sleep and enjoy the good dreams.
>>
>>17706053
Set an alarm for when you want to be awake
>>
>>17706053
Is this not common? Myself and many friends have this happen all the time. You wake up half way then fall back asleep half conscious and have more vivid dreams because it's not the normal sleep cycle leading to REM. I don't think there is anything peculiar about this
>>
I recommend taking a breath and having a good laugh.. yeah, I know, it's a bit simple .. but try to find humor in things. maybe it'll help a little. it can brighten your mood
>>
>>17706943
This is some dame good advice.
>>17707147
OP has depression.
>>
>>17707434
I know. I had severe depression myself. this is what I took into consideration.

I tried to kill myself a couple times but figured it's no use. I might as well endure what's to come.. I overcame it by talking a lot with friends, but it's different for everyone .. but laughter is good.

Keep smiling, friends
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.