[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /x/ achieve altered states of consciousness (besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
How does /x/ achieve altered states of consciousness (besides drugs, they are for pussies).

I've only had luck with samatha (samadhi) meditation. I hear sensory deprivation induces crazy obes
>>
>>17704757
Altered states of consciousness brought on by drugs like psychedelics can be the most terrifying experiences that you can have.

People who take them are anything but pusseis. I guess dreams is your next best alternative, that's an altered state of consciousness
>>
>>17704757
Also, if you're really committed, try fasting for as along as you can, with no sleep.

That will get e Dmt flowing.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300 KB, 800x854) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300 KB, 800x854
>>17704757
>Feel dat chi mang
>>
>>17704765
I actually regret my wording "for pussies", my reasoning is a lot of people take psychedelics and think they have reached the goal of the spiritual road. They may well have, but only temorarily, as a meditation teacher I knew called them a short-circuit, not a short cut, and using them leads either to bad experiences or dissuades one from pursuing spirituality through traditional means such as meditation. I was a bit judgemental with my wording and they aren't always used as a "short cut". Sometimes they are used as a support for meditation and in that I can see value, but I am not one to judge in either case.

I've tried fasting with some decent resullts, not sure if I'm up for sleep deprivation. I might try a Ganfield mask soon http://www.instructables.com/id/Ganzfeld-Hack-Your-Brain-the-Legal-Way
>>
>>17704801
The real road to truth results in a revilation that there is no goal.

Once you realise that perhaps you will stop chasing the dragon, but I guess it's all apart of life huh.
>>
File: smirk.jpg (2 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
smirk.jpg
2 KB, 125x119
>>17704757
>Find the current.
>>
>>17704757
Drugs are literally tools. Tools are not for pussies. Besides, you sound like you're 10 years old; don't talk like that.

Take a hot bath and soak in Epsom salts. It's gotta be real hot; as hot as you can handle. You shouldn't stay in that hot of water for more than a half an hour as it'll fry your CNS. Let the tub lose its heat over the course of your soak. Make sure you have a couple bottles of water near the tub as you'll lose a lot of hydration.

While you're soaking, listen to binaural beats or some form of sound entrainment therapy. I've used beta waves (16-31hz). One way I've done this set up is putting two binaural beats 10hz apart with a single tone cutting the difference; it's worked to decent effect.
http://onlinetonegenerator.com/binauralbeats.html
http://onlinetonegenerator.com/432Hz.html

You do that shit and you'll have a pretty wicked trip. No lie.
>>
I prefer meditation, and overthinking things sometimes to the point of absurdity.
>>
>>17704757
It's up to God to give you different states of conciousness.
>>
>>17704912
Nigga are you serious?

So when I have a beer its up to God?
>>
>>17704936
Nah nigga you know what he means
>>
>>17704936
Well yeah bruv.

Everything that ever was, ever is, and ever will be is god's will.

Your beer, your inebriation, and your hangover were all part of god's plan.
>>
>>17705005
You know that is not true. People have Free Will. That makes us super dangereous. If humanity choses to forsake God, then he would vanish because gods need faith
>>
>>17705020
>implying the god of the universe would disappear if a puny group of glorified apes stopped believing

yeah, right
>>
>>17705028
He is but a god, not The God. You wouldn't like The God.
>>
>>17704757
Well I've trained it so far that a few movements get me anywhere I need.

Going for a walk is already a big movement, but I enjoy that most.

It is really only about sensitivity and receptivity.
>>
I don't have to.

>drugs are for pussies
Kek top

>being such a pleb you cannot even into buddha at birth
>>
>>17704801
If we all did things the traditional way, all of this wouldn't exist
I'm convinced that many of the most real effects of psychedelics are natural, but our species are in a general state which only allows for us to reach those states through drugs or life long dedication. Drug use leaves you altered after each time. Telepathy, telekenesis and all that shit is supposed to be 'real' but we've turned ourselves into plebs.

Ask yourself. would you want to take the traditional way, or would you do anything you could to change as much as you could before ending this lifetime?
>>
>>17704909
>overthinking things sometimes to the point of absurdity
THIS
My favorite is thinking about what if there was nothing, I get into a trance and its awesome, it feels like everything around is dissolving and I'm disappearing.

also thinking about just projecting into space forever and ever is pretty trippy
>>
>>17704776
which fluids do you drink during this fast?
>>
>>17704830
omg yes
>convos with my existence
>>
>>17705032
I wouldn't know
>>
>>17705032

So you know THE God? What is he like? Can you even specify who he is the God of?
No?
Continue your belief in spiritual entities, especially when you don't even know their name.
>>
Drugs.
>>
>>17704757
Do a bunch of drugs once, and then reflect on what you saw and felt. Don't ever need to do drugs again if you just do a bunch your first time.
>>
>>17704757
>besides drugs, they are for pussies
says the faggot whose mind has literally absorbed every other imaginable part of the world around it for its entire existence, but drugs are totally different man! it's like, way different

>>17704765
yes they can be terrifying if you're a fucking paranoid schizo or a generally fearful person. this is why stoners are so "chill," and generally unafraid and calm, cool and collected while you fucking nerds have panic attacks and "bad trips"

how do u guys EVER have bad experiences with drugs? you know why? all they do is bring out what you are really thinking and feeling. it's not the drug, it's you, stupid. fix yourself first
>>
>>17704757
>besides drugs, they are for pussies
How do you unscrew screws? Besides screwdrivers, they are for pussies
>>
>>17705211
With a knife, fork, 2 pieces of stiff wire, crowbar...
Anyway, sleep deprivation and sensory deprivation work wonders.
>>
>>17705202
When you have a bad psychedelic trip it can get pretty intense, man.

You can't disregard this fact

When you come down from a bad trip, you realize there's only such a thing as a bad trip in terms of how bad it can get. You learn to glide through the experiences and to go along with the flow of it regardless without judgement. This is why psychonauts may seem pretty chill. Nobody starts out more or less experienced than anybody else. We all started somwehere. Comparing experienced users with inexperienced ones is bold. You never know who's lurking
>>
>>17705244
hahah ahh
those two sentences fit together so perfectly.
hehehe,

>besides being clever, that's for pussies
>I have a screwdriver. Gotta unscrew screws.
>Well gotta do it the traditional way, they didn't even have screws back then.

Gotta love the amish
>>
>>17705325
What the fuck are you talking about? I was just saying that you can undo screws without screwdrivers if you have to. It's just one of those things. I have opened beer bottles with lots of stuff, up to and including a piece of paper.
>>
>>17705340
alcohol is for pussies doe
>>
>>17705350
Who said anything about alcohol. Last I checked, nonalcoholic beer existed. You people and your implications...
>>
File: images (3).jpg (52 KB, 717x1080) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
52 KB, 717x1080
Read this book op.
>>
>>17705361
i stand by what i said.
>>
>>17704757
drugs being for pussies.

drugs are literally the scariest most intimidating ways to alter other states of consciousness. what the fuck are you on about?
>>
Sensory overload is the easiest one.

Just keep adding mental tasks and sensory tasks until your head just gives up.
>>
Read the Bible KJV, and Pray.
>>
>>17705407
Where I come from, KJV has a different meaning.
>>
>>17705420
all this christposting ive seen today is weird
>>
>>17705444
obvious shill work. christianity = conformity
>>
>>17705340
A screwdriver is a tool
Drugs are tools
You're not a tool, so quit acting like one

Besides, I'm just jerking your chain. It's no fun pulling in a chain if there's no reaction..
>>
>>17705444
I'm not christposting. I was referring to my glorious country! KJV means, translated, whores, roast lamb, and Vuco. Vuco is this crazy awesome folk metal meme hero here.
>>17705465
Oh, but I am a tool
>>
>>17705325
>>17705340
What the fuck is happening in this thread right now
>>
>>17704757
I wanted to say semen demon but then I enlarged the thumbnail. thanks for nohing op
>>
>>17705852
What?
>>
File: 1432506117676.jpg (70 KB, 1102x635) Image search: [Google]
1432506117676.jpg
70 KB, 1102x635
Read Prometheus Rising and actually do the excercises.
>>
>>17705102
Piss
>>
From easiest to hardest
Dreaming
Drugs
Sleep deprivation
Dehydration
Blood loss
Meditation
Fasting
Shock
>>
>>17706145
>Blood loss
How much blood are we talking about? I'm curious
>>
>>17706157
You'll find out when they drain it from you to convince your mom to sacrifice her soul to Satan.
>>
File: CIA2.png (485 KB, 483x980) Image search: [Google]
CIA2.png
485 KB, 483x980
>>17705005
Was gonna say a retard version of this lol.

This is truth!
>>
Do one action over and over again for extreme periods of time without significant change in environment.
>>
>>17705102
I don't fast! I just smoke Dmt.
>>
There's not such a thing as states of consciousness.

Only the mind can play that game of being many.
>>
>>17706667
How is dmt? Could you take it and just chill by yourself or is it a more active thing? Does it show up in drug tests or anything?
>>
>>17707645
You won't be doing much of anything while on dmt except freaking out.
>>
>>17707652
Why is that?
>>
>>17707645

Dmt is phenomenal. Try it if you can get your hands on it. You won't freak out, it has a bad wrap. It's very fun, spiritual, and enlightening. More visual and shorter than acid.

Acid first though if you haven't done that.
>>
>>17707645
It doesn't really matter if you're by yourself or not, reason being is that you're cut of from this reality completely.

It's gone. That being said I have always liked doing it alone, for various reasons.

>How is Dmt?

I'm sure you have heard many people describing trips, but no description is anywhere near what you experience. It's not as easy as saying this or that happened to me.

It can't be communicated only experienced.
>>
>>17707645
Dmt is already found in your blood, so they can't test for it. It's already there.

And no you can't be physically active after you smoke it, you hit he deck and forget you have a body for about 5 to 20 mins
>>
>>17707709
>>17707751
>>17707758

Sounds like something I'd be into.
About how much does it run or is it something you make yourself?
>>
>>17707801
I make it myself, Acacias are native to my country. It's quite simple to extract.
>>
>>17707801
If you want to learn more about Dmt I would suggest the dmtnexus very nice people, very helpful community.

Nothing Like this one
>>
>>17705340
You Slavs are a resourceful lot. Especially when it comes to drinking alcohol
>>
>>17708614
Yup. Can confirm. Shit, anyone who makes potato schnapps must be crazy and dying for a drink
>>
File: thas rite.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
thas rite.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>17707842
I consider myself the deepest person and everyone on dmtnexus is deeper than me! DMT is some shit!
>>
drugs
>>
I run. Feels bad man, but after 2 and a half miles I start getting into a weird state. I guess I'll eventually get in better shape and have to bump it up to 3, 4, 5, etc. miles. But right now running is how I get into my altered state. The exhaustion and dehydration combined with "runner's high".
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.