[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The buzzing you hear sometimes under sleep paralisis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
what is the buzzing that sometimes you experience under sleep paralisis? i had it some times and reading nope threads i've seen that other people had it too.
would like to hear your opinions, discussion etc, about it.
maybe is just some physiological effect, but that kinda answers are taken for granted. still, it was scary.
>>
op here. also , i had the sensation that if i wanted, i could increase the frecuency of the buzzing, but that felt even more scary. somewhere, here i think, i read that it could be the preliminar to a out-of-body, astral voyage experience.
>>
its the sound of mind controll rays. you can hear the same exact sound on moderate to high doses of experimental dissociatives
>>
It has something to do with the telling of time. And there is also those who are good with animals
>>
>>17701797
it's your brain determining if your inner ear nerves are operational.

you might sometimes ear it during the day on really quiet places.

some people have it permenantly, which happens when a certain nerve dies due to distress, so the brain keeps sending the signal, in hope to get a response.
>>
>>17701800
that's just your brain focusing on the signal.

no idea what these guys are on about>>17701817
>>17701840
>>
op here, thanks for the answers and contributions. appreciated.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 792x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 792x600
>>17701797
Tinnitus
>>
>>17701797
Keep reaching for the singularity, push through the barrier even when you believe the sound to pop your head and ruin your ears, there will be nothing but the sound, a clear, pure tone rising in strength until it feels like you've got your head stuck in a theramins ass.

It is you rising in frequency and breaking the chains imposed upon you.
>>
File: 1462561186233.jpg (60 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
1462561186233.jpg
60 KB, 650x500
>>17701797
Either tinnitus or the more mystical thought that it's the 'hum' of the universe. Om.

The more you focus on it the more you become disconnected from your body. I mostly get it as I awake from a good sleep and it fades as I become more aware.

When I tried DMT for the first time it blasted me with that sound, as well as a mandala in the face it knocked me out and the sound basically split my conscious view in two and I felt that if I could only "look" at the source, that was solidifying in the periphery of my vision, I would know what it is, but my heart was going insane, if I looked I would have died, basically.

From atheist to agnostic in 10 mins. Fucking chemicals mang.
>>
Idk if this has anything to do with it. But I will always remember once. I was very young. Maybe 2. And it was about an hour after my mom put me in my crib. And I remember standing there, staring at the slightly cracked door in pitch dark, just standing, and I heard a slight ringing. I get it every once in a while. But it's like you're sitting in the quiet then all of a sudden a switch flips and bam high pitch ringing.

Sometimes if I yawn it goes away but not always
>>
I get this from time to time during sleep paralysis. Feel like I'm vibrating as well, and I can increase the frequency of the buzzing/vibration.
>>
Never had paralysis but I wonder if it is similar to the sound you hear after smoking DMT?
>>
>>17701797
mine sounds like a million wooden blocks falling over themselves, then i wake up.
>>
>>17701922
maybe you should have turned off the vibrator before falling asleep

>>17702127
that's called exploding head syndrome.
>>
What about the physical vibrating? When your whole body feels like it's vibrating at a high frequency? What's that about?
>>
>>17702176
Shill, you really got me going.
>>
to all of you having "the shakes" when in sleep paralysis, seek medical help immediatly.

sleep paralysis is usually caused (or accompanied) by sleep apneia during REM sleep. which means you're having trouble breathing during your sleep cycle.

if you're shaking, vibrating or having muscle spasms, that means you're brain isn't getting enough oxigen and it's trying to wake you up.
>>
The OP was feeling the vibrational frequencies of his being and was probably clse to having an out of body experience.

Anyone who suggests otherwise may be a shill.
>>
>>17702198
Gonna need a citation, shillbro.
>>
>>17702233
>Physiologic effects of central apnea: During central apneas, the central respiratory drive is absent, and the brain does not respond to changing blood levels of the respiratory gases. No breath is taken despite the normal signals to inhale. The immediate effects of central sleep apnea on the body depend on how long the failure to breathe endures. At worst, central sleep apnea may cause sudden death. Short of death, drops in blood oxygen may trigger seizures, even in the absence of epilepsy. In people with epilepsy, the hypoxia caused by apnea may trigger seizures that had previously been well controlled by medications.[verification needed] In other words, a seizure disorder may become unstable in the presence of sleep apnea. In adults with coronary artery disease, a severe drop in blood oxygen level can cause angina, arrhythmias, or heart attacks (myocardial infarction). Longstanding recurrent episodes of apnea, over months and years, may cause an increase in carbon dioxide levels that can change the pH of the blood enough to cause a metabolic acidosis.

>Another symptom may be sleep apnea is sleep paralysis, the fear of which can sometimes lead to insomnia. These effects may become intractible, leading to depression.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea
>>
>>17702240
Nothing about vibrating.
Vibrating =/= seizure. I've slept with people and had sleep paralysis and no one has ever spoken about seizures.

Also Wikipedia, really?
>>
>>17701922
I know what you're talking about.
Not really sure what it is, but I have it right when I'm about to OBE. When I focus on it, I can make the vibration and the "sound" more louder.
My theory would be, if astral projection is real, than the sound and the vibrations are electron clouds or atom vibrations.
>>
When you're asleep your brain paralyzes your body to prevent you from injuring yourself during dreams.

During sleep paralysis/hypnogogic wakefulness and etc you can feel a tingling or electric sensation. This is your body becoming paralyzed.
>>
>>17702276
Do you not believe in apnea or something? It very much exists, so why not use wikipedia for it? Condescending.
>>
File: 1456703993374.jpg (68 KB, 597x594) Image search: [Google]
1456703993374.jpg
68 KB, 597x594
>>17703007
The one guy in this thread who isn't a tinfoil hat retard. I don't believe 90% of you faggots even get sleep paralysis. I used to have it weekly as a teenager. It's just your brain being weird.

Also, are we just saying that anyone who doubts that magical extra-dimensional monsters are sucking out peoples souls/eating fear/whatever is a shill?
>>
>>17702240
First time I've ever heard this someone or some article agree that sleep paralysis directly contributes to insomnia and depression.

Finally explains my horrible depressive cycle when I was 15-19
>>
>>17703102
>It's just your brain being weird.
Fuck yourself.
>>
>>17703102
>Also, are we just saying that anyone who doubts that magical extra-dimensional monsters are sucking out peoples souls/eating fear/whatever is a shill?
That is exactly the case. Welcome to post-neo-/x/
>>
>>17701900
From atheist to
>hurr-durr I dont understand shit about whats happening, better believe in some unnatural and supernatural presence and their possible existence instead of a scientific cause like what this>>17701841 anon said
in 10 seconds
You dip
>>
>>17703102
dat girl is qt af yo
>>
>>17701817
I've had experiences with radiowaves in my head but never when I slept
It was in deep meditation
One time I had it I heard a voice telling me that it was something akin to a spaceship looking for me. Shit was weird. Everything even started vibrating all around me, but not violently, just really really fast
>>
>>17702200
+1, the buzzing sound accompanied with a vibrational sensation, both are common, well documented precursors to having an OBE. Edgar Cayce is a name to look into if you are interested.
>>
>>17705913
>>17702200
I can confirm
It also occurs during the DMT takeoff
>>
I know what youre talking about OP, its not tinnitus.

As you slip into sleep paralysis its almost like going underwater, its more of a low rumbling.

Anyone who has seen batman begins, its kind of like scarecrow's fear gas
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.