[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In tune with other-selves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 17574945-md.jpg (34 KB, 680x464) Image search: [Google]
17574945-md.jpg
34 KB, 680x464
Relatively new here, but posting here because I cant think of anywhere else where itd be relevant.

So, I've always kind of felt other versions of myself throughout my life. In my childhood, I felt connected to the mes a week or so forward in time. And I always felt the difference between them, and how they all were one way or another because of some decision.
The timeframe has fluctuated, sometimes it will be years in the future, or years in the past. Ill recall memories of events that did not occur, but almost did, and I feel versions of me that could exist right now.

This has never bothered me, and I always passed it off as my mind playing tricks, what have you. But here and there, Ill feel really close to another self, as if I could switch places.

Anyone here know anything about this? Is there anything you guys could suggest to read into it?
Pic mostly unrelated btw.
>>
Have you experienced any of these 'memories' at a later date and have a sort of deja vu?

explain more thoroughly please
>>
>>17701414
Happens fairly often. I usually just ignore it. Small things like ill have a glimpse of a scene if me doing something with people I dont know at the time, and then a few months later, ill be in that scene, with people i recently met.

I dont know how to elaborate, or what to elaborate on, but ill answer questions as they come.
>>
>>17701430
Everything is working perfectly. You were born without the perceptual limitation of your fellow man.

Yet you haven't become a world destroying threat using your trans-temporal perspective. Funny how that works out, huh OP?
>>
>>17701382
Watch Next.
>>
>>17701513
I dont see how or why I'd become a world destroyer.

Anyways, I came to you guys, because recently ive been connecting to the deaths I could experience. It'll usually be dumb ones, like getting gored, or shot. I was Olin Denver on Colfax, and almost went down a little alley. I felt a jab, so I decided not to. Ended up going the opposite way. Heard a gunshot from that direction a few minutes later. Regret not checking it out.

My fear is, if I'm connecting to the deaths of my selves, it may be that my death is near.

So, before that happens, I want to know as much as possible about this.
Sorry for long wait, I went to bed.
>>
File: 4414298299_130981efc1_o.jpg (415 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
4414298299_130981efc1_o.jpg
415 KB, 960x1200
>>17702226
Just accept it as a gift keeping you from harm.
Don't think to much about it, or most importantly, don't try to use it at will or to your advantage. Your logical brain will muck things up.

I don't know how much there is to 'learn' about it, especially when you are the one experiencing it, technically you are the 'teacher' in this case.

Maybe try keeping a log of when these events happen. What was happening before, what emotions are associated with those previous events and the emotions you are experiencing during the occurence, and what exactly happened following.

What part of the body do you experience this feeling? Does that triggers thoughts, or if it's thoughts, does that trigger feelings?

Also, have you ever actually tried to 'switch places' as you say with the other you?
>>
>>17703036
>What part of the body do you experience this feeling? Does that triggers thoughts, or if it's thoughts, does that trigger feelings?
I pretty much can synch all the senses, if I focus really intensely, except for kinesthesia (I cant feel where the parts of my body are)
Usually though, I feel it in my solar plexus. It differs from a thud, like getting whacked in the chest, to kind of a swirl. After that, Ill get sensations, thoughts, or Ill visualize/ smell the environment.

>Also, have you ever actually tried to 'switch places' as you say with the other you?
I have, never succeeded. Sometimes when I lay in bed at night, I'll get flashes where I feel as if Im teleported into about 10 seconds of another life, and then Ill come back.
>Maybe try keeping a log of when these events happen.
I've done that a little bit, just to prove to myself Im not crazy, but usually I avoid it, because admittedly, it scares me, and I dont know why.
I've kept a mental note of what various sensations indicate, because they arent always 100% accurate.

You dont know of this happening to anyone else, or any allusions to it in texts?
>>
>>17703349
Nah, sorry m8, I wish I did.
I'm not sure where else to point you other than exploring different buddhist or ayurvedic texts... yet I don't think you'll ever find exactly what you're looking for. It very well may be your own personal gift, and if anyone else has experienced it, hadn't the right words available to describe it, and then a medium in which to express it which would be available to others. So many people of this century are far too quick to write things off like this, though it is making a resurgence recently.

Why does it scare you?
>>
>>17704067
>So many people of this century are far too quick to write things off like this, though it is making a resurgence recently.
Yeah, I wrote it off for years, mostly just because it had no practicality, and it didnt hinder me, was just a thing.
>Why does it scare you?
Because its something I dont know about, and I have no understanding of. Especially in regards to feeling my potential deaths, its really irksome.

Know of resources on how to work on other "sixth sense" abilities?
>>
>>17704091
Try practicing meditation.
Know that the more still you are, the more quiet you become - the more you will hear. Try not to go into it in the mindset of 'I'm gonna meditate to get these answers', that's not being quiet enough. There can't be such a strong ulterior motive. But perhaps opening yourself up and allowing all things to be as they are, not thinking too hard or thinking that certain thoughts are in the way or the wrong thoughts, just letting them float through your mind and being acknowledged non-judgementally then letting them pass, reaching a state of calm placidity that could lead to lucidity... you may be presented with something. Just be aware of your body as you breathe. Alan Watts has some good explanations of meditation, and really good lectures in general. I don't think anyone or anything will hand you the answer, but may be able to lead you to where you will discover it yourself.
>>
I frequently imagine another version of myself where I don't have the psychological limitations that I currently have. I'm more confident, creative, and I have an easier time communicating with others.

What was really fucking cool is that several times when I've done hallucinogens I've actually become that person for hours at a time. It never sticks around when I sober up though :(

Should I just meditate more to try and become that person? Is there anything else I could do to help?

Since I'm a musician, I've considered making music from the perspective of this alter ego.
>>
>>17704133
Noted, I've always meditated in a modified corpse pose, where I cross my hands on my heart. I find my body goes numb easier that way. I've also done the, allowing thoughts to pass, and trying to clear conflicting ones, if they come up often.
Thanks anon.

>What was really fucking cool is that several times when I've done hallucinogens I've actually become that person for hours at a time. It never sticks around when I sober up though :(
What hallucinogens in particular?
You could try forcing yourself to stick with being that person for a bit.
However
>Should I just meditate more to try and become that person?
Generally, I believe its best to avoid "trying" to become something, because when you try to become something, you become unhappy with the facade you have.

What do you mean by psychological limitations?
>>
I'm not sure if this related at all:
I've had recurring dreams - at least twice a month or so if not more, where the best way I could describe it is I'm "me, but another me".
They're always fairly mundane, typical real life stuff, no outrageous dream imagery or anything, but something is "off", either it's a different time (like +/- a few years) or I'm in a different place.
They're semi-lucid in that I can decide what to do and I "know" it's a dream, but can't fly or change anything crazy. One way I've thought of it is that I'm "leaping" into what feels like a different version of myself, kind of like that show "Quantum Leap", except minus the time travel and all that. When the dream starts it's like I poof into myself and am initially confused, often in the middle of a conversation or something, and have to use context clues and my surroundings to figure out where I am, what I'm doing - meanwhile, if I happened to be in a conversation for instance, the other person(s) are confused as to why I'm acting strangely all of a sudden.

Kind of a long explanation for what is likely just some sort of bizarre recurring dream (and since i find it really interesting, i'm probably forcing myself to have similar dreams more often) but still reminded me of what you're talking about, Op.

Sorry I don't have a lot more to offer than that, this is a neat thread!
>>
>>17704184
Thats almost exactly how it was for me a few years back.

I first had the experiences when I was young, but they faded for a few years, and came back in the form of dreams, like how you describe.
(OP here)
>>
>>17704170
>What do you mean by psychological limitations?
The only people I can get along with are other people as cripplingly awkward as me. I have very little motivation to be productive. I sometimes get angry at small things I shouldn't be angry at. I frequently imagine people I know doing shitty things that I predict they "might" do but which they usually don't actually do, and then hold real grudges against them for these thoughts.

Basically I think I've developed a number of negative thought patterns over the years that are getting harder and harder to ignore.

>What hallucinogens in particular?
LSD and Magic Mushrooms. I feel like I've come close a few times when I've drank mead and smoked hash. Also I smoke weed almost every day, but when I went on a 2-week vacation to Norway with my family, when I couldn't smoke, I would sorta get hints of this alter ego bubble to the surface.
>>
>>17704205
Really? interesting.
I've never had any feelings like that while awake, however, and definitely nothing possibly alerting me to danger, even in the dreams.
Still neat that maybe it's related somehow -- I'm still certain, at least in my case, the most likely scenario is I'm just a dork having weird (yet boring) dreams.
>>
>>17701382
damn op, was thinking last night that I was going to post almost this exact thread... wondering if communication or being "in-tune" with alternate selves is possible.
>>
>>17704170
Same with the crossing hands over the heart thing. I've always done it naturally for some reason, as traditional meditation poses don't really work for me. There's just something about lying down with your hands folded over your chest that makes it easier.
>>
>>17701382
Out of curiosity, whats your favorite color and number 1-10?
>>
>>17704328
Cyan, and 4.
>>17704325
Its very centering. But I feel as if it closes me off from the world around me.
>>17704290
Do you ever relive them?
>>17704213
Sounds like pot is not good for you man.
>>
>>17704391
>Sounds like pot is not good for you man.
Sometimes when I smoke it I feel almost enlightened. I think it's the whole "smoking every day" thing that fucks with me. I don't give my mind time to recover.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.