[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a doppelgänger thread? Theories, stories etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: BnoduKgIgAAJdX8.jpg (54 KB, 599x861) Image search: [Google]
BnoduKgIgAAJdX8.jpg
54 KB, 599x861
Can we get a doppelgänger thread? Theories, stories etc.
>>
File: eef.png (278 KB, 640x715) Image search: [Google]
eef.png
278 KB, 640x715
>>17697428
I'd believe not recognizing yourself. People even tell me I look way different in person
>>
OP pic is kind of an awkward way of wording it. A real clone, as opposed to a Hollywood clone, would not look like a carbon copy of ourselves simple because cloning doesn't work that way, as you can see from cloned animals. But a doppelganger is a paranormal thing, and (if they exist) therefore different than a clone and could potentially look exactly or almost exactly like another person.
>>
>>17697479
Do you believe them to be paranormal clones? Or just, like, very scary anomalies?
>>
>>17697519
I don't really believe in them, but stories about them creep me out, so I enjoy reading those.
>>
>>17697428
that pic is retarded. every time you see yourself in a photo and go wtf it's because you are used to a mirrored image of yourself from reflections. A clone/twin who was exactly the same (IE same slight facial asymmetrys) would definitely be recognisable by you and massively trigger an uncanny valleylike effect and Ironside will start playing in the background https://youtu.be/rwDL4WPoOrw
>>
File: 1436760682589.jpg (48 KB, 600x588) Image search: [Google]
1436760682589.jpg
48 KB, 600x588
>>17697452
>>
>>17697428
My dad's friend Bruce had a doppleganger. My dad and his mother saw and heard Bruce when he wasn't actually there. One time, Bruce visited my dad's house, looking for him. My dad's mom saw Bruce and talked to him for a bit. Later, it turned out he had actually been in school all day. The doppleganger even rode on Bruce's motorcycle. Bruce's house was haunted too. My dad said they heard voices and people walking around in the attic when no one was up there. I checked out his house a few years ago but nothing unusual happened. The weird stuff happened thirty years ago.
>>
Some friends and I were on chatroulette one night when we stumbled across a guy who looked just like me. I recognized the similarity right away, and then my friends all exclaimed that this guy looked just like me. I quickly leapt out of the camera's view because I didn't want to confront myself or whatever. Too many scary stories about doppelgangers.
>>
>>17697428
What's that one about hearing people whispering abuse at you. Group something something.

There's a doppelganger theory with that.
>>
no personal experiences other than the fact that I may have a doppleganger living somewhere in the same city as me, reason for thinking this is despite being a shut in, old friends as well as family claim to see me around town randomly
>>
I always post my story in every doppleganger thread. All that happened is that I was with a friend, I went to get something from the garage, when I got back he was outside saying I came back out although I had left, smiled at him weirdly, went outside before disappearing. This was in my own house
>>
>>17697539
yeah pretty much this.
>>
>>17697428
Not really a doppelganger, but when I was in middle school, a stuffed animal I owned duplicated itself. I still have both and no explanation how the other came to be, as it was thrown at me in an empty room.
>>
>>17698504
A parent or similar misunderstood something and bought you a replacement that wasn't needed.
>>
>>17698509
It was of a beanie baby with a defect. The same defect as my copy.

It looks like a brand-new copy of the original and has the same details.

Could've been someone made it look like it, or coincidence, but I can't figure out how it attacked me in an empty classroom(a fairly large and empty band room, to be specific)
I stuffed it in my backpack thinking it somehow got to me from home, but when I returned, I found out that it was a duplicate.
>>
>>17697695
>Ken Bruce has gone completely mad
>>
>>17697428
i've been called tom over 14 years in multiple cities. unless tom is incredibly well traveled, something weird is going on
>>
This short film is very related to the thread
>https://youtu.be/PQPo4s2OOzg
>>
Just last night I realized one of those fags that makes the GoT show looks exactly like me, just older. The one with the crow nose. I always wondered what made me hate that dudes face so much
>>
I've seen 2 people who look almost exactly like me.
>>
I have one that lives 30 mins from here. People are always calling me his name mike and getting close enough and sometimes touching me and saying hey mike blah blah blah. Then their like whoa your not mike are you his brother or cousin. It weirdos them out. This has happened at least 30 times. Still haven't met the guy and can't find his facebook.
>>
>>17697542
The plot thickens.
>>
File: weird.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
weird.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
not really paranormal but still a bit unsettling...

a former co-worker of mine lives in a residential area. it's not one of those mcmansion developments, it's an older area with ranch houses. many of them look similar but they don't all look identical. there are about 3 or 4 adjacent streets that have similar names that start with the same letters and follow the same curvy path like a stack of spoons seen from the side.

I went to his house one evening about dusk. we were going to hang out and I think his brother was supposed to be visiting too or something. I had been to the house before so I was pretty sure I had the right one. saw a short balding guy (my coworker was short and balding) and another guy sitting at a fire pit having beers. I got out of the car, walked over to them while saying hi. it wasn't til I got fairly close that I realised that it totally wasn't the right house or the right people.

again, not really paranormal, but still a little weird that there were 2 unusually short guys who looked very similar, living in almost identical houses with almost identical yards one street over from each other, even in the same part of the block.

made a diagram because I am a procrastinating faggot.
>>
also I don't have a visual doppleganger, but I have a name doppleganger who was born the same year and month as me, went to the same college at the same time as me, and lives in the same area. same first and last name with the same spelling, just the middle initial is different. (my last name is not rare in my state, but not super common, and is spelled several different ways.) anyway I found out this person likes to write bad checks, at least according to the collection agencies that kept harassing me about bounced checks written at places I'd never been to. and back when I was still a turbo noob on the internet and used my real name on my yahoo account "so my friends could find me" I got a nasty message from someone accusing me of stealing their bf. so my evil twin is a homewrecker too.

just glad my last name isn't johnson or smith. I can only imagine.
>>
>>17699602
Sucks balls, man. Did you ever get it cleared up?
>>
>>17699608
yeah, luckily I was born in a different state so my SSN isn't the same at all. when I told that to the collection guy, it finally sank in that he was dealing with the wrong person. he said he'd make a note of it, and I never got another call since.

and as for the jealous gf, I got her calmed down enough to figure out what was going on. I sent her a pic of me and she apologised and went on her way. which is kinda dumb of her actually, I could have sent a picture of anybody and she wouldn't know the difference but whatever, she left me alone.
>>
>>17699602
i also have a name doppleganger, but we have the exact same names and birthdays. born in the same hospital. weird shit
>>
>>17699617
Good to hear. I've had my phone for about ten years now, and I keep getting the occasional random call or text from people asking for some other guy, even though I've never changed the number. He seems to be a real ladies' man too, from some of the texts I've gotten. I guess I'm lucky it's not a crazy person like you had to deal with.

A friend once saw a "clone" of me in another state, but wasn't able to get a picture and never saw 'em again. Was funny to talk about.
>>
>>17697428
My doppelganger is European and gets posted on /b occasionally

We have the same smile, eyes, face shape, figure, and closely similar nose
>>
i saw my sisters doppleganger at a truck stop restaurant, i actually went over and started asking her why she was there before i clued in that she couldnt possibly be there
>>
>>17697428
just take a selfie and you can see what you actually look like retard
>>
>>17697539
I came in this thread to post basically this. When you see a picture or video of other people you know, you see them the same as you do irl, you reconize them right away. So...you wouldnt do the same thing with yourself? Most people would double-take or even freak out if they saw a person even 80% like themselves. In fact ive seen a couple dudes in my traveling that looked a lot like me and I just stared at him for a few seconds in disbelief.
>>
>>17700815
i wonder if identical twins ever get this sensation
>>
>tfw faceblind
>everyone with my hair color and skin tone is my doppelganger
>>
>>17698466
The same thing happened to me on chatroulette except I apparently look like some youtuber that does shit on there. People kept asking if they were gonna be in my next video. I still don't know who the fuck they were talking about. I don't get on there anymore because of that shit .
>>
>>17698521

Do you still have it?
>>
>>17697428
I wish I had one because I am going to be real hungover for work tomorrow.
>>
>>17700841
Me too buddy, are you reading this thread because of it too.
>>
>>17697428
Along the mississippi river near Highland Park, St. Paul, MN and it's border with Minneapolis, runs a set of roads called Mississippi river blvd and River pkwy. They are literally parallel universes of each other with the bridge acting as well, a bridge to the other universe. That's why it's so windy in the middle of it.
>>
>>17699620
I have a name doppelganger. First middle and last. Different state and burthday etc.

Turns out he was a dirty cop that got fired. BLM thinks I am the same person and have been harassing me since around 2013 or 2014. Kek the damn dirty cop that git fired was black ffs.
>>
>>17700802
There was a guy on a different chan I would have sworn was my brother, except he doesn't visit chans and his writing/posting style was completely different. He looked about 90% like him.
>>
I'm a low ranking enlisted man in the military and apparently theirs a high ranking enlisted man with the same last name as me who looks exactly like me. I've beenever asked literally hundreds of times if im his twin brother or something. The funny thing is I met him the other day and we just stared at each other for 5 minutes until he said "huh... so youre the guy" and then walked away lol
>>
>>17697428
I was outside my boss's house doing some yardwork, he was inside.. i saw him (a doppelganger) drive by his own house. same exact everything. he looked like he was about to pull in the driveway, did a doubletake on me, and sped away.
>>
>>17702137
Pretty funny, but don't most military doods look alike due to the way they regulate your hair and dress and so on?
>>
File: 1461135436542.jpg (83 KB, 634x605) Image search: [Google]
1461135436542.jpg
83 KB, 634x605
>>17697428
>>
>>17698625

Nice, is it yours? Seen this channel on /x/ and /tv/ a few times.
>>
>>17700863
kek get trolled son, i do that all the time. People actually think they look someone from youtube LMAO
>>
>>17698668
WOAH spooky!!!
>>
>>17698473
Do you mean gang stalking?
>>
>>17701353
Holy shit, I crossed that bridge last summer, and left St. Paul with a different route... I've been in the wrong universe for like months now.
>>
>>17697479
Actually, to back to add to that point, just take metal gear solid for example. Two of the clones look nothing like big boss, while solid, who is almost identical, still has distinct differences.
>>
>>17697539
I was at a competition with my classmates and we saw someone that looked like me. I shouted to him and screamed "brother" so he ran up to me and we took pictures together.
>>
>>17702267
lol, do you still keep in contact?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.