[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could the Philosopher's Stone be real (turns metals into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1024px-Squaredcircle.jpg (102 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Squaredcircle.jpg
102 KB, 1024x1024
Could the Philosopher's Stone be real (turns metals into gold. Prolongs life. Healing powers).

Albertus Magnus (super influencial Medieval philospher) claims to have created it, and Thomas Aquinas (on of the most famous Theologians of all time) was witness to his claim.

Is it not possible that while most of alchemy is bunk, these guys did stumble upon processes that have been lost to modern chemistry?
>>
File: 1462374671887.jpg (496 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1462374671887.jpg
496 KB, 500x714
>>17695205
No, it's all allegory, the wellspring of eternal life is in the bible also; I can tell you where/how to attain it.

These are discoveries of the self that get misinterpreted as a reality altering device/artifact. You are the artifact.
>>
>>17695256
That's gay.
>>
>>17695256
Would you mind telling me how to attain it?
>>
>>17695274
The process is different for each and every one of us. The principle stays the same.
>>
>>17695278
You said in you first post you could tell me. I'm now asking you to do so.
>>
>>17695282
But I'm not that anon, anon.
>>
>>17695263
Opinions don't have sexual orientation.

>>17695274
Most times you'll be sent on wild goose chases until you find it yourself.

Are you happy? Why do you think you're here?
>>
>>17695290
Then you shouldn't have answered.

>>17695293
Are you that anon I wrote to? I was very certain I wouldn't get a decent answer. I just wanted to see how far the Harry Potter-roleplay would go.
>>
>>17695304
>Then you shouldn't have answered.
If you wanted a private conversation with someone, you wouldn't post on an anonymous message board. What are you, 12? You do understand that you have to be over the age of 18 to browse this site.
>>
>>17695205
There's the spiritual new-age version where it's all about re-purposing mental energy for better uses, but those same principle work on the physical plane as well for the creation of the stone.

"To spare and tend the vital powers, this and nothing else is sum and total of all magic secret and profane. All is comprised in these three, Spirit, Breath, and Soul. Guard them closely, screen them well, let there be no leak. Store them within the frame. That is all that can be learnt and all that can be taught. I would have you mark the tortoise and snake, locked in tight embrace. Locked in tight embrace, the vital powers are stron. Even in the midst of fierce flames the Golden Lotus can be planted. The Five Elements compounded and transposed, and put to new use. When that is done, be which you please, Buddha or Immortal."
>>
>>17695274
You are it.
That is the great puzzle, really.

That what you are looking for, you are it already.

But you don't experience this, right? That is why you ask for a method.
All method is here only postponement.
If you want to experience what you have you have to do it now.

When you ride a bike and want to see how fast it can go then you must drive as fast as it can go.

Hardly anyone does so.
Mostly it is out of fear of being occupied with something else.

The question is, why do you want to know such a thing?
Is it that you seek improvement?
>>
>>17695347
They never seek improvement. They are fools who want quick gains, no matter the cost, not mastery.
>>
File: 1354158319570.jpg (615 KB, 783x1213) Image search: [Google]
1354158319570.jpg
615 KB, 783x1213
Step 1:Study Fulcanelli and The Compass of the Wise.
Step 2: Do not trust the mundanes that say alchemy is just internal or the bluepills that say it's just proto chemistry. The words of the tyro are wicked and the worldviews simplistic and incomplete!
????
Transmute Mercury into Gold!

Library to peruse: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a
Study pic related for ENLIGHTENMENT.
>>
File: 1462257506294.jpg (664 KB, 1920x1374) Image search: [Google]
1462257506294.jpg
664 KB, 1920x1374
>>17695304
>Are you that anon I wrote to?
Who knows.

Anyway, the basic premise in most religions breaks down like this:
>From nothing to something.

Most religions make this assumption, with deviations in the narrative. But essentially you have knowledge you once did not exist, but now you think because you exist now that you will never exist again when your body dies.

So most spiritual/esoteric/religious/mystic teachings do nothing but try to make you more aware, by given reason and cause to a seemingly unnecessary idea of existence.
The idea that we are trapped, or in some kind of test is due to the fact we cannot understand the reasoning behind existence, especially without a prime mover.

Unceasing life is to know what/who you are, because once you know that, you just sort of float about, still drawn and somewhat tortured by your impulses and desires, but you can just be witness to them, not a slave to them.

Then you can die.
>>
File: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.webm (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.webm
2 MB, 1920x1200
Seek ⤟Ὃ◬
>>
>Harry Potter role play thread
Guise i totally fugged Hermione last night ask me anything
>>
Philosophers stone is the stone we sojourn for as we tread our feet. It is the source of all inspiration and the greatest witness of our pain.

As you search for ways around everything. You realize what is and was and will be is just that one stone.
>>
>>17695439
The one youve petrified and purified. And yet you witnessed other philosophers on the same journey you have made before. All finding meaning of their young senses.
>>
>>17695436
Pics or it didn't happen! Xpost from /b/ or whatev, this is a blue board
>>
>>17695312
Well, that particular anon said it knew something, and I wanted that particular anons answer to it.

Also
> le 12 year old gtfo
>>
>>17695549
>implying I don't know something about it
>>
>>17695436
I found this awesome secret stairway on the fourth floor, just behind the statue of the urinating goblin. Tickle his balls and the wall behind him evaporates.
>>
>>17695554
I never said that, now you are just being stupid on purpose. Start RP'ing Harry Potter or go away.

What's your Patronus? Or aren't you talented enough to perform one?
>>
>>17695560
Because of my superior intelect, cunning, and adaptiveness, my patronus is a Homo Sapiens Sapiens, but alas, I can't summon it anymore because I have too much angst
>>
>>17695566
That's more like it. Sorry about the angst, your next butterbeer is on me.
>>
>>17695205
>>17695304
>I just wanted to see how far the Harry Potter-roleplay would go.
So you legitimately request information some people dedicate their lives to and then you refer to it as roleplay? I will try to be as polite as possible - go fuck yourself.
Since there is always a chance for misunderstanding, I will provide some legit info.
This is the tl;dr version.
I will use the Bible as an example. I am not Christian ofc, thats why I chose that book.
The Bible has 3 meanings - literal, symbolic and hieroglyphic. The last 2 have been lost thanks to various reasons so all we have is the literal translation. Thats why the jewish secrets are called kaballah which literally means passed down verbally (or something along those lines. A guy from France 2 centuries ago tried to restore the lost translation and he got about 10 chapters right. http://www.vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres3/FdOLIVET%3DI.pdf
I dont speak French but this is OC so dont complain. Go dig for the English version yourself. Before you ask, I dont have it in English, hell I dont even have it in digital format. Anyways, good luck with that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.