[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do a lot of people here believe in the paranormal? Sometimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: b97eb6868d8a44164fa50ace222a9d74.jpg (108 KB, 1700x1232) Image search: [Google]
b97eb6868d8a44164fa50ace222a9d74.jpg
108 KB, 1700x1232
Do a lot of people here believe in the paranormal? Sometimes it feels like you guys are playing around, and I just don't get the joke.

I'm usually here for the Creepypasta. I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve in anything. I'm just wondering if you do.
>>
I like creepy stories, folklore and mythology but I don't believe in it as fact. You can't really discuss that objectively here anymore though because of all the True Believers, and all the decent writefags disappeared years ago. UFO lore and conspiracy nuttery intrigues me as modern mythology, but I stopped actually believing in alium visitors when I was a teenager.
>>
<yawn>

Yet another take on the prove [ topic] is real troll.
>>
>>17694894
Should've been in the Fae Society thread earlier today. Don't bother searching for it, it was deleted. The archives may have an older one.
>>
>>17694894
Yep, I believe in many things. But I don't believe in almost anything I find here in /x/ though, I'm not that gullible.
>>
I believe the paranormal exists, the most compelling evidence i can offer is that the vatican still performs exorcisms. There are some things that happen and have occured through history that simply cannot be rationalized. But im not one to pin such events on big foot or aliens. The only way you will know the truth is by seeking it, holding onto assumptions is nothing but a waste of time.
>>
>>17694952
Demons are real. They can not, afaik, have a physical body other than their host, but they exist and interact with us every day.
>>
I'm convinced certain things exist because I've had encounters. I can't say anything objectively exists though. I started searching for paranormal things a few years ago as a way to prove to myself that there is an afterlife. I am aware that my mind could play tricks on me, or someone else is playing a trick on me. Fear and adrenaline do weird things. But back to my first point, I am convinced that "ghosts" exist. I can't make anyone else beleive it, nor would I want to. It's up to you to figure it out for yourself. Just don't be so quick to decide if something does or does not exist if you've never taken the time to look for it.
>>
>>17694894
Some thing beyond our material universe has to exist in order to have caused our physical world into existence, we have the tools now to know that our universe has not always existed, that notion alone supposes that there was some thing beyond what we can physically measure that caused our universe to exist. Whether this thing is a consciousness or just some happenstance occurrence beyond our realm of comprehension is unknown to me, but the fact of the matter is that something beyond what we can physically detect, at least at this moment, brought us into existence, else we must believe that our universe is self-caused, which is completely senseless as we know for a fact now that our universe did not exist prior to its existence so as to cause itself, and if it somehow did, that universe must also have some cause, and so on and so on.

So you could attribute a lot of this "paranormal" stuff to be attempts to measure that which resides beyond the material world in the same way we've been measuring the physical world for millennia, it's an extension of science, an honest attempt to know things we don't know, that's really it.
>>
>>17694894
I absolutely do not believe in the supernatural, and it constantly amazes me that people can be so massively fucking stupid as the people on /x/.

However, /x/ is still my favourite place on the internet. It's like watching the best sci-fi horror movie of all time and it never ends. Very entertaining to see humanity in all it's entertaining retardation.
>>
>>17694894

I just lurk for spoops
>>
>>17694928
Here's your reply but my actual reply goes to op:

I don't know for a fact that anything is real, but posts like I quoted above are why it's hard to even discuss here, like you said, and everything seems like a joke. People take shit too seriously, always think someone is having a go at them (probably because it's hard to gauge implications through text) and just generally won't agree on anything, as if it matters. We all have different beliefs, it's more productive to discuss than to debate. It's also makes people want to make posts and talk like we're not all idiots.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.