[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /x/, This is my first time posting in this forum as I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 18
File: Crumbling-mansions-in-the-003.jpg (48 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
Crumbling-mansions-in-the-003.jpg
48 KB, 460x345
Hello /x/,

This is my first time posting in this forum as I have never really believed in the paranormal.

I did just however have an encounter that I feel convinced was real, and not just my imagination.

I have just visited Budapest in Hungary, a 5 day break of bars and sightseeing.
We stayed in a shared apartment/hostel that lies on the top floor of a very old, almost historic looking building.

You have to catch a rickety old elevator to the top (unless you want to walk up 5 floors ), and there is an almost sad, unkempt appearance to the decor throughout.

My room was small and beige, though had everything I needed for my stay.

About my third night I came home late as normal, got unchanged and got into bed.
The room felt unusually warm and I slept without a blanket.

I woke up very late, maybe 3-4am and looked up to see a man standing at the end of my bed.
He was standing side on to me with his head turned in my direction on his right.
His head slowly turned away from me to the normal forward facing position and he slowly disappeared.

The strange thing about this was that I experienced no form of dread, I was not scared and felt very calm as I turned over and went back to sleep.

It was the next day that I couldn't stop thinking about it, and have been trying to find any source to see if anyone has had similar experiences in that location.

I am very rational and fully aware this could have been my imagination, but it felt so real and I should have been terrified given the scenario.

Tl:Dr; Sceptic sees ghost in Budapest.

Anyone else have similar or know of any in Budapest?
>>
File: artist-residence.jpg (40 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
artist-residence.jpg
40 KB, 550x412
This is a bottom up view of the building.
>>
File: artist-residence (1).jpg (46 KB, 550x411) Image search: [Google]
artist-residence (1).jpg
46 KB, 550x411
Also a view from the buildings roof.
>>
File: 1463214399148.jpg (194 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
1463214399148.jpg
194 KB, 800x1203
Interesting...

Go on.
>>
Can you give us the adress of this hostel?
>>
it is in the 8th district (not OP, but also from budapest)
>>
Hey, OP: is it at Rákóczi tér?
>>
>>17694468
Dream paralysis.
>>
It could just a hallucination/dream dumbass
some skeptic you are

any more spoops lately? anything more to say about the building?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-15-17-22-08.png (988 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-15-17-22-08.png
988 KB, 1080x1920
>>17694648
>>17694664
Correct, it is called the artist's residence, 8th district.
>>
>>17694670
Yes, do you have any info on the place?
>>
>>17694685
Thanks for coming, I already know this.

But never have I experienced something so certain... Reading up seems to suggest I'm not alone in that area so it intrigues me.

There is likely an explanation but I wish to explore it.
>>
>>17694468
I've had experiences like this before. Not in Budapest, but after nights of drinking and going to bed in strange places I've woken up to see figures at the foot of my bed or off to the side. I was never paralyzed, but I suspect the alcohol might have something to do with it. Who knows
>>
No, but I live nearby, actually I had experienced something strange before,here, in Bp, not ghost per se, but definitely some presence in these types of buildings. Hence I clicked at your photo. What are you doing in bp?
>>
>>17694878
I visited for a short stay, only pleasure really.
I'm interested to know the history of the building and have read many stories of strange experiences in Budapest.

Given its unsettling history I'd be fascinated to learn more.
>>
>>17694825
Oh seriously? Interested now, could you post a couple links?
>>17694893
Mind posting on it's history? Just assumed there wouldn't be much more to this
>>
>>17694906
I'll just drop some images.
It has one of the most violent histories I have came across in recent times.

Think nazis, communists and revolution.

Execution and torture by the 1000's.

Religious perception and genocide.
>>
File: PAR229622.jpg (14 KB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
PAR229622.jpg
14 KB, 260x173
>>
>>
File: shoes-on-the-danube-promenade.jpg (52 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
shoes-on-the-danube-promenade.jpg
52 KB, 550x413
>>17694906
Shoes left as a reminder of Jews thrown in the river Danube.
>>
>>17694906
'the building was even rumoured to have contained a giant meat grinder, supposedly used to dispose of murdered regime opponents. It's hardly surprising that the " House of Terror" is nowadays topped by a large and ominous black frame.'
>>
>>17694906
'Eichmann sent a staggering 550,000 Hungarian Jews to the death camps in just seven weeks between March and July 1944.'
>>
File: artist-residence (2).jpg (27 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
artist-residence (2).jpg
27 KB, 337x450
I feel I have digressed.

This is a picture of the door to the building, if anyone knows of the history of this place I'd appreciate it.

Especially if the building had any alternative prior use.

Or any link to the immediate local history.

Many thanks.

Rákoczi tér 6
08. Józsefváros, Budapest
>>
Hi OP, I have experienced the exact same phenomena and it's what led me into the paranormal as well. Me and my family took a trip to a large park in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, where we stayed in a small old cabin that seemed to be at least 50 years old. We all slept in the living room, me and my step father on a pull out mattress, my mother and siblings on an inflatable bed. I woke up around 1 AM and looked around. I've since wondered if I was just dreaming, but the detail was just too exact. I honestly believe it was real. Anyways, as I looked around I noticed a tall silhouette standing at the foot of our bed. At first I thought it was my step father because of the height (he's 6'2"). Then I looked beside me and saw him sleeping next to me. I quickly looked back up at the figure, and it disappeared suddenly. The strangest part of all this is what you described - the total lack of fear. I simply turned over and went back to sleep.
>>
>>17695066
Thanks that is really interesting.
This is what I find the most peculiar about the experience, the idea of seeing a ghost scares me when I think about it.
Yet this experience was completely without fear, and this figure was as real as anything during the process.

I remember the figures face pretty clearly and I believe it was his calm, emotionless expression that gave me an impression that he intended no harm.

It's hard to explain, it was as if the environment had changed.
>>
I live in Hungary, but not in Budapest. I visited a month ago, and there's something weird about the city. The first unusual thing was it's size and the amount of small backstreets. I live in a smaller town with about 200K people, so the size made me feel uncomfortable. Then there were the old houses, that haven't been renovated since they were built. And yes, the city (and the country) has a pretty dark history.

TL;DR: the city makes me feel depressed.
>>
>>17695095
Yes, I've never felt as though he was malevolent. I would have no problem going back there and sleeping by myself. I've experienced one more ghostly phenomena since then and the feeling was very different - pure terror.

It's interesting that you could see your ghost's face, though. What did it look like? Any signs of decay or just normal features?
>>
>>17695113
He looked like an oldish guy, maybe 50 with light hair (possible grey) and a beard.
His clothing looked to be like a sand colour but he disappeared before I could pay much attention.

>>17695101
I agree with you, I had a great time and I believe the city to be beautiful.
But there is a sadness hanging over many places, and that's what I felt when I first got to my apartment entrance.
>>
>>17695101
Hol laksz, anon?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-25-19.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-07-25-19.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>17695101
It was seeing things like this around the city that hit home the suffering of its people.
>>
>>17695012
The square in 1913
>>
>>17695191
Link I forgot: http://www.ilyenisvoltbudapest.hu/ilyen-is-volt/nyolcadik-kerulet-jozsefvaros/item/1913-rakoczi-ter
>>
>>17695135
Yeah. When I was walking on the streets, there were homeless people, bikes with missing wheels, building built in the 50's. Those are the ones that made me feel depressed. There is something of about it. I don't know what exactly, but my guess would be: Hungary is a rich country, but we have low paying jobs, homophobia, racism, corrupt politicians. If you follow Hungarian politics, then you'll know, that a lot of people live in poor conditions, and there are millions of euros disappearing. Then we have shitty hospitals, and the government instead of improving them, build things, like a railway in the minister's home village, and even more money gets spent on building football stadiums, which nobody needs. Kinda like North Korea. Then there's a lot of censoring, hate speech, etc. A lot of Hungarians emigrate, because this country is shit in its current state. I could talk about this for hours, but I'm lazy to type.
>>
>>17695168
Miert mondanam meg?:D
>>
>>17695194
Wow, thank you.
I was shopping in that Market a few days ago.
>>
>>17695210
Hat akkor ne mondd
>>
>>17695215
OP, these are the kinda buildings I got strange feeling when I am inside them... Actually I am positive it is thehistory or sg why I feel a certain presence... It is important thatsomeone else who is not from this country also feels sg
>>
>>17695194
All the information I find is about the market and fire, I would like to know about the building in which I stayed too.

Maybe it has no interesting history to be told.
>>
>>17695232
I am not sure.. These buildings are over 100 years but thats it
>>
https://hu.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rákóczi_tér

It used to be a brick factory and there were whorehouses
>>
>>17695228
I wonder if it is the feeling the look and architecture gives you, or if the sadness and memories of people really can be left behind after death.
>>
>>17695255
In Japanese culture there is such a phenomena.
Have you ever experienced such things?
>>
>>17695253
Okay so maybe it was a brothel.
>>
>>17695066
i live in northwest oklahoma but my first paranormal experience happened in New Mexico while watching a movie. I kept hearing loud footsteps and once they stopped I heard a distorted voice say "see" that's when I bolted out of the room
>>
>>17695260
Yes I think so, but I analyse this as maybe I associate certain feelings with colours patterns etc.

But certainly some places you go will gives you great feelings of dread and sadness.
>>
>>17695273
Actually, I talked to different people about it: psychologists, a witch, professors and found a website on it

Ive been experiencing this since 2002, hence i'd think people are more sensitive about whatever these buildings emanate
>>
>>17695285
This is why I decided to post in this forum, Budapest is the first place I have experienced anything like this.

It has really fascinated me and ive decided to look more into the local history, as well as similar experiences of others.
>>
The square 1913
>>
Collaborator execution
>>
File: 1945252861.jpg (80 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1945252861.jpg
80 KB, 600x500
Young girl resistance fighter
>>
Soviet tanks arrive to destroy opposition fighters
>>
Old and new
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.