[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree that the Despair Code is a hoax. But who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1456340833222.jpg (1 MB, 4879x3021) Image search: [Google]
1456340833222.jpg
1 MB, 4879x3021
So we can all agree that the Despair Code is a hoax. But who started it and why? Is it to discredit actual conspiracy theories by association? Is it to distract us from investigating more serious theories?

Thoughts?
>>
>>17693225
It was probably some random jack-off's fun idea to just watch people waste time. People get enjoyment out of that.
>>
>>17693230
If so, the troll was playing the long game. I first saw references to the Despair Code back in 2011. The effort involved in fabricating the hoax makes me think it was done by a government agency. The question is why.
>>
it's meant to shake the confidence of new to the fold. essentially the moral of the conspiracy is that if you're a curious person and are smart and you seek some sort of answer you're eventually punished by some esoteric knowledge and the inevitability that everything is terrible.

everything is not terrible. a great life is right there for you on a small scale. dont let the lizard marketing make you feel like shit.
>>
>>17693244

So you're saying the smarter you are, the more likely you are to be depressed?

aka Ignorance is bliss. Nothing new here.
>>
>>17693242
>If so, the troll was playing the long game.
If you were a troll, why WOULDN'T you play the long way? It basically ensures that more people fall for your trap and for a longer time.

Not everything has to have an elaborate conclusion, you know!
>>
>>17693260
sort of. it takes that maxim and presents the seeker with the illusion that the more you know the worse you are until you just kill yourself.

this introduces subconsciously very early on that "seeking knowlege is toxic for me" which, surprise, either prohibits knowledge seeking or perverts it in clouds of fear/dread.

It's a ear worm that rots resolve
>>
File: 17794564.jpg (177 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
17794564.jpg
177 KB, 500x532
>>17693225
>>17693230 >>17693242 >>17693244
>>17693260 >>17693264 >>17693267
Help me Obi-wan Kenobi; you're my only hope!

There! You may continue
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.