[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ohio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: Snapchat-4803757844262467450.jpg (285 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4803757844262467450.jpg
285 KB, 1080x1920
Is there anything to do up here? I've been here my entire life exploring the forests and I'm even a security guard an abandoned building, yet I've had so few spooks outside the forests at night. Anybody know of any REAL spooky shit aside from the Reformatory bullshit?
>>
All the real spooky stuff is on the secret super-spooky hidden board but you have to be a member of the secret society to view it.
>>
File: 1462662146826.jpg (59 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1462662146826.jpg
59 KB, 800x800
>>17692108
>>
>>17692092
Loveland Frog is p. Spoops. Helltown.
>>
>>17692092
melonheads, bigfoot, nearly every county has a cry baby bridge, Hocking area was a kidnapping hotspot for years, helltown, mansfield reformitory, ohio university and the gates of hell, buxton inn, i mean really?

Haunted Ohio books, and literally, google anything i just mentioned.
>>
>>17692537
Yea, when I said no Reformatory or any of that bullshit, the bullshit part meant anything touristy and retarded like from the haunted Ohio books I've read 59 times. There is nothing there, not anywhere, I'm looking for some sort of personal recollection, something obscure that can't possibly just be a benefit to Ohio's economy.
>>
http://www forgottenoh com/

Here's a reference OP
>>
>>17692569
Hell yea dude. Thanks.
>>
>>17692563
I worked at the Buxton Inn. Trust me. Dismissing shit as "touristy" doesn't cut it.
>>
>>17692586
Well fuck. Fine, you guys win. I live in Sandusky so I'm going to check out the lakeside cemetary at midnight, when I get off work, then go to Milan to find the Abbot Mausoleum. Now I have to go to the Inn, hell yea.
>>
>>17692537
>melonheads
Brandi?

>>17692092
The Hinkly Library is haunted as fuck.

The Wendy's on 42 in Medina had/has a poltergeist.

There's a dude burrows under a house in Stow and that house is haunted but I heard that second hand. Buried dude got buried in 19th century.

This is all I know of.
>>
There is a house that keeps burning down near where I live.
>>
Ohio has tons of actually strange shit. First go to Serpent Mound and Fort Ancient. Literally that entire part of the state is filled with ancient mounds from at least one lost culture. Then head south towards Point Pleasent WV and feel the creepy vibes of that place. It's like the Transylvania of the USA. If you are up north head to Lake Erie and camp out till you see the lights the frequently appear over the lake or near the Perry nuclear power plant.
>>
>>17694586
>Serpent Mound
Legit

>Lake Erie and camp out till you see the lights the frequently appear over the lake or near the Perry nuclear power plant.
For fuck's sake those are airplanes en route to the Hopkins Class Bravo airspace. Fucking Cuyahoga County Municipal and Burke Lake Front are like right fucking there.

And before you feed anyone that bullshit about it can't be airplanes because the power plat get on Google and look up Cleveland Terminal Area Chart and Detroit Sectional and see that there is no fucking"no fly zone" and no ADIZ in the vicinity
>>
>>17694471
That Wendy's is Haunted? I'm from Medina I've never heard this.
>>
>>17694953
I worked there my senior year of high-school and beginning of college starting in 2002 until '04 abouts and right around Christmas one time we experienced things moving by themselves in a violent manner.

There used to be a picture of Dave Thomas that was wrapped in wrapping paper - I'm not saying it was Dave, but I did find it very distasteful to do that to the man's portrait.

Also, next time you're there, take a close look at the pillars in the atrium and find the plaque dedication. That man died tragically before he started school with me so I never met him, but he and his parents all three worked there and I worked with his parents. Possibly just a coincidence but vacuuming there late at night when all you can hear is the sound of the machine a those little phantom whispers your mind makes up when all you can hear is noise - kinda spoopy
>>
If you're in the southern part, the river gets pretty terrifying at night. Try not to stop through Utopia, though. Townspeople are tired of tourists coming through because of forgotten Ohio. They pulled a gun on a friend of mine. I spent my summers in Utopia and the owner of the only gas station in town shot a guy and spent a few years in jail.
That whole area is scary as hell though, gave me nightmares as a kid.
>>
What about more southwest Ohio? I'm outside of Dayton and there's not much spook I know of, expect for the asylum turned retirement home that is supposedly haunted
>>
>>17695073
Cincinnati has some good spots. Hell's gate/Satan's hallow is in blue ash. There's also some creepy spots in evendale in the woods. I just recently moved to west Chester and have found some interesting things in the woods, including a random living room set just sitting in the middle of a clearing and a road in the middle of the woods that led to nowhere.
There's an abandoned factory in Mason too, but it's heavily supervised.
If anyone knows of anywhere in West Chester/Dayton let me know. I'd love to do more exploring.
>>
>>17694996
Sounds spooky as shit I'll be sure to check it out next time I'm in town thanks anon
>>
Holy shit people actually from Ohio? Anybody Northwest?
>>
>>17692092
Shreve Swamps is a known meeting place for the Klan and there have been reports of strange rituals being performed there by cultists as well.
Here's some further resources
http://www.forgottenoh.com/haunted.html
>>
Im from Lawrence co. Close to us is a place called timber ridge lake...its in the strip mines that are on the outskirts of Lawrence co. The federal government has done all sorts of testing there for mining and animal control. I used to frequent out there country cruising one time we went especially out of the way and came across about a dozen men all in black (just black clothes) with black suburbans we stopped when we seen them one jumped in their car and chased us about a mile or so before backing off. Now stuff like that isnt so weird until you consider the fact they all had matching clothes and only like 3 cars so they all had to ride together....I never found out wtf was going on could have been a cult maybe the government idk...but there are TONS of stories about that place...if you just ask a few ppl here in town you'll get all kinds of stories. There is stories of satanic churches and alien encounters. Demonic animal's all sorts of stuff. If you ever get a chance to go there the most talked about part is the scottown entrance by timber ridge lake....
>>
Anything interesting in central OH? I'm not aware of anything.
>>
>>17695089
I live in Lebanon, you want some spooky shit come here and camp innawoods.
Got a story for you, pretty short, I don't like to recall it since it shakes me to the core.
>be me and three friends
>don't have enough money to stay at campground
>want to camp
>drive out on the outskirts of Lebanon, kind of toward Waynesville
>find a big patch of woods off Oregonia road
>park car on street next to houses
>walk to woods
>set up camp
>just some sleeping bags since we didn't have a tent with us
>everything normal at first
>laughing having a good time
>start to get tired, everybody laying down
>suddenly, see fire multiple people carrying torches
>low chanting
>walking parallel to us
>friends all silent, staring with me
>they turn and move away from
us
>form this circle and start chatting louder
>some people start screaming loudly
>we pack up slowly and quietly
>sudden whoosh
>giant fire with huge effigy burning
>looks like a giant straw man
>at this point I'm panicking
>run as fast as I can
I still live here, and enjoy night time drives from time to time.
I live close to downtown, have lived her for 7 years, grew up in Mason.
I have more stories if needed, I've seen some insane shit.
Lebanon is haunted as hell and filled with a lot of occult members.
>>
North-easterner here. Aside from the obvious, (Helltown, YSU hauntings, cry baby bridges, etc) my family, friends and I have experienced some weird shit in the woods here. The thing that stuck with me the most was something that happened to my mother.
>I'm about 16
>we live in northeast Ohio, live innawoods
>run a small farm inherited from one of dad's relatives
>one night mom walks outside to grab a jacket she had forgotten
>she goes to the edge of the property and grabs the jacket, starts walking back to the house
>she hears something start howling in the woods from off in the distance
>she walks faster
>she's near the chicken pen about half way to the house
>the howling gets louder
>she said it wasn't like a dog howling
>it was simian
>like a monkey howling in a zoo
>she freaks the fuck out
>said she knew she couldn't run to the house fast enough
>she ducks and hides in the chicken coop
>hides out there for a half hour
>finally I walk out and look for her because I'm worried
>call for her
>no answer
>notice the chicken coop door isn't locked correctly, latches are only locked on one side
>go over and open it
>mom screams
>what the fuck.png
>she's crouched in a corner crying
>she calms down when I shine the flashlight on my face
>lead her back inside
>she finally calms down and tells me about the noise
At the time I thought she was just being ridiculous. But I've researched it since then and apparently there have been other reports of weird howling in our area that matches up with what my mother described
>>
>>17697030
Bump because of boring central.
>>
>>17694471
I live in Stow. Where is this?
>>
>>17698862
Okay well all I know is that it's north of Route 59 and near the airport.

I only heard about this because the house is currently occupied by my boss's brother and his wife and kids so he won't tell me exactly where.

There's gotta be some documentation about it though. It's like a historical house and the legend of the farm hand buried in the basement would be - I imagine - well known (even though I've never heard it before). If I find anything after more Googling I post it here.
>>
>>17692092
Moonville...

Portsmouth is one of the oldest settlements in Ohio and is full of fucked up stuff. Serial killers that are still loose, haunted woods and burial grounds, houses old as shit and a graveyard with a witches tomb.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-10-09-37-36.png (147 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-10-09-37-36.png
147 KB, 720x1280
>>17700292
Was looking at info here's a map
>>
>>17700306
I've been there a few times. Only one or two of them was especially exciting. One was when we found a bunch of occult stuff in the cemetery, candle that were still warm kinda thing.
>>
I live on a few hundred acre farm property in northeast ohio. Always some scary shit loud ass noises going on.

Heres 2 stories I wouldnt mind sharing.
>be 13
>sleeping
>bout 2:30am and hear some fucked up ass scratching noises on windows
>no trees near enough to the house to scratch
>start to panic when I realize that
>hide under covers, scratching stops
>peak back up and for a second saw a big black ass shadow in the window
>shadow moves off and scratching begins once again
>balling my fucking eyes out
>eventually fall asleep from exhaustion
>wake up, windows n gutters all scratched to hell
>nothing in ohio is big enough to reach the gutters so I didnt go outside for a few months

That's one, I'll post the other which is a lot more recent, was just this year in april
>>
>>17700342
second story,

lil bittuh background, my firepit is at the very edge of my yard where thick overgrowth runs for about 2-300ft before going into tons of forest area

>now 20
>do a lot of hunting and stuff on property so im a lot less scared of silly shit
>chilling in backyard with friend at a campfire
>friend is a pussy from suburbs, never had anything spooky happen to him
>coyotes start howling loud as fuck
>sounded about a quarter mile away
>ok, no different than any other night
>friend visibly shaken from silly coyotes
>coyotes stop howling for 10-15 seconds
>all hell breaks loose
>coyotes yelping and screaming bloody murder
>friend is now hauling ass to the house
>im confused cuz wtf hurts a pack of coyotes like that (maybe another pack of coyotes?)
>coyotes stop screaming and yelping
>two VERY VERY audibly loud roar-screeches
>go off from around the same distance and were obviously two different entities
>friend in house waving me in n shit
>ok fine ill come in, we can play bf4 no big deal
>one more roar screech blows off
>sounds just behind the tree-line about 50 or so feet from where I was standing
>proceed to HAUL ASS to the house
>get in, lock door
>never actually play videogames
>sit and stare out windows all night

not sure at all if the two are related but both now got my jimmies rustled
>>
>>17697240
Oh shit that's Grassman!

Ever hear something banging two sticks together?
>>
>>17700397
Nah. I've heard weird howling and footsteps at night though. Also a freaky mechanical noise coming from right outside my house. That one's hard to pinpoint though and I don't like to dwell on it much
>>
>>17692615
Hey! I live in Sandusky too. I just moved here, actually. I'm aching to experience something that transcends my mundane, meaningless life. You aren't alone.
>>
>>17692615
And holy shit, that cemetery is a 3 minute walk from my home. I need to check this out too.
>>
>>17700342
Owl? Or any type of bird
>>
>>17696510
I'm Northwest. South of Toledo.
>>
Live in Lancaster, shit town outside of Columbus. The only thing we have here is a "mountain" with some shit tier spook legends about devil worshipers. Anything good in Central Ohio?
>>
Shit. You want an experience that isn't methheads or owls? Research Morgan's Raid and then go down to Pomeroy and pay someone to sit in a boat at night. It doesn't have to be launched. Open your ears and prepare your sphincter.

Other than that, I think Athens, up on the hill, though touristy, perhaps, isn't a bad place to be. You don't even need to be in the sanitarium, but the problem is you're more likely to run into drunk teens than any other scary element. But there are some things to see there. Take an IR cam.

If you can find the train tunnel in Ray, very hard to find and nearish some cool petroglyphs (Leo Petroglyphs) which are a bit mysterious, you can make your trip worthwhile.
>>
>>17694953
Same here, I have a friend that worked there, never mentioned it. Never noticed anything all times I've been there.
>>
>>17700571
Hell yea man, I'm on Tyler. Enjoy Bike week coupled with Cedar Point traffic. It is the reckoning we all must face.
>>
>>17700292
Oi I live in Portsmouth.
Not a believer in the supernatural, just come here to lurk, but here it can be a bit spooky since all the serial killers and proxy gang activity.
>>
>>17696510
Putnam County here, didnt post here yet
>>
>>17700371
I've heard some ghastly ass roar screeches in Ohio before.

Place called Gretchen's Lock. I think the park is called Beaver Creek or something. Near East Liverpool. Went there with some buds late at night. Heard lots of stories of ghosts there before.

We were chilling on the lock (cool old 19th century stone structure adjacent to the creek. Supposedly the little girl, Gretchen, was buried there.) Smoking a bowl with my bros, nothing out of the ordinary. Just waiting around for some ghostage.

Been there over an hour and nothing. Pack it in head back to the car. "Wait" i say "we didn't drive all this way for nothing." Turn back towards the lock. Instantly the most shocking, blood curdling howl-shreak. It keeps doing it over and over. It was like what a banshee or Bigfoot defending it's territory would sound like. Kind of like a woman crying out and getting stabbed in the throat but continuing to trail off for 5-10 more seconds. We obviously noped the fuck out.

Never heard anything like it. Definitely not anything that's supposed to be native to Ohio. Other spoopy stuff happened to me there but nowhere near as scary as above incident.
>>
>>17703691
sorry for such a late post, but yeah i'll have to check that shit out. Spooky ohio..
>>
>>17701388
i live by the old mickeys bar. its now glass city event center i believe. I can confirm that this city is indeed shit. I heard the same thing about mt pleasant. also the house that gen. sherman lived in is here, its supposed to be haunted
>>
I live in the Harrison County area and the closest Spoops I got is Egypt Valley. Which is a very strange area. Its got two cemeteries that are supposedly haunted. I've personally haven't had definitve proof of something being there but it is an odd area. Mostly you wanna look out for the cults out that way I've been told
>>
>>17703691
I have heard that EXACT sound my friend in Lodi Ohio. We didn't know what we were witnessing at the time, but it turns out that some one was dumping a black panther that had been stolen by one of the residents. That's the story anyway. I don't believe it was a stolen panther, but if you can listen to a recording of a black panther scream it sounded exactly like what I heard. Mountain lions live in Ohio and sound similar .

Either way, large cat or sloppy skellington, It's a good thing you dipped out of there.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.