[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes cults so dang spooky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: latest.jpg (50 KB, 300x325) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
50 KB, 300x325
What makes cults so dang spooky?
>>
>>17691405
They attract lunatics that actually dare to do spooky shit.
>>
File: The-Following.jpg (203 KB, 510x358) Image search: [Google]
The-Following.jpg
203 KB, 510x358
>>17691405
one crazy, fanatical person that's trying to push their thoughts on you and resorting to violence can be unnerving
an entire group of them is like a serial killer having an army. Look at Jonestown, he convinced hundreds of well educated thoughtful people to just up and kill themselves and their children. Imagine if he pulled a Charles manson and ordered them to attack a town
>>
>>17691514
Sheeple =/= people
>>
The unknown. Humans naturally fear it.
>>
it's the thought of another culture, within but distinctly separate from the one we're used to. ordinary people, but with a completely different perception of society or reality.

also usually they do rituals i guess, like with sacrifices and whatever.
>>
>>17691514
Jonestown mainly preyed on the poor and uneducated, that Jim Jones worked with earlier in his career before he went full lunatic. Also, they were forced to drink cyanide laced koolaid at gunpoint. I would not say that was their choice.
>>
I am not frightened, I am reasonably apprehensive.
>>
>>17692756
some (mostly adults) drank it willingly. It was the children who were forced to drink it. Which just reiterates my point, well minded people killing themselves and their children by the hundreds because one ass hat said so
>>
>>17691405
I was raised in a cult. I wouldn't call it spooky.
>>
>>17691405
And to "the cultish" , YOU are also in a cult and spooky.
>>
>>17694554
Tell us about this cult, if you don't mind
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.