[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ horror movies with folk tale aesthetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: witch.jpg (7 KB, 163x310) Image search: [Google]
witch.jpg
7 KB, 163x310
just finished pic related and loved it, are there any good horror movies that you know of with a folksy vibe? the only other one I can think of is drag me to hell.
>>
>>17688126
Sleepy hollow
>>
A lot of the old British hammer films.
Blood on satans claw is a good place to start.
>>
Carnivale, the tv show would fit that description. Or Penny Dreadful, sometimes.
>>
>>
>>17688126
This film was shit. The best thing about it was Black Philip. How the fuck did you understand what they were saying, fucking horrible northern accents trying to speak old english.
>>
File: 111018082208_jim-gandy.jpg (6 KB, 120x119) Image search: [Google]
111018082208_jim-gandy.jpg
6 KB, 120x119
>>17688407
I hate those little twins fuck
>>
>>17688407
>old english

the movie is set about 500 years after people stopped speaking old english
>>
>>17688126
dont watch it there are real enchantments in the movie and spells tha can hunt your house
>>
File: mthsnt.png (143 KB, 337x363) Image search: [Google]
mthsnt.png
143 KB, 337x363
>>17688715
wtf /x/ ? explain what you're talking bout mayn
>>
>>17688407
I thought it was a great movie! A little dragged out but it was beautifully filmed. And it was simply so cringeworthy certain scenes, like the wincest shit and when that raven pecks the mom's titty off.

But I totally agree on the accents, I couldn't understand the father half the film.
>>
File: hone.jpg (326 KB, 640x987) Image search: [Google]
hone.jpg
326 KB, 640x987
I really enjoyed this, and it has a kind of folk-y vibe. This and Mr. Jones.
>>
File: wQcBfSy.jpg (71 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
wQcBfSy.jpg
71 KB, 540x960
>>17688912
I'm trying honeymoon tnite cuz wildling booty
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.