[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the paranormal would improve me, /x/? I am interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Do you think the paranormal would improve me, /x/?

I am interested in the paranormal to learn how to unlock my full brain potential. Things like meditation, tulpa creation, seem interesting tools to bring my mind beyond its current limits. Would this magick stuff bring the peace and clearness of mind I need so much?

Also, are there a lot of Mathematics involved in the paranormal? I am developing some interest in Math, and I have read that there were some mathematicians and phyisicists interested in the occult too. That Fourth Dimension and related stuff. I think the occult might teach mathematics in an entertaining way.

I used to play vidya, but lately I am perceiving vidya and virtual reality as something like the Maya the Hindus speak of. So, do you think the paranormal is worth dedicating my autism and expanding my consciousness?
>>
I really recommend reading Zhuan Falun for these topics

http://en.falundafa.org/falun-dafa-books.html
>>
in my personal experience, interest in the occult/paranormal coincided with a decline in mental sharpness or acuity. I feel like 1/10th the mentat I used to be. It's sad getting old and realizing your life is a hot mess and still boring as all hell cause your once stellar mind is now below average. The occult and esoteric stuff has done little to rekindle my fire.
>>
>>17685476

kek
>>
>>17685414
Speaking of, how does having a tulpa affect your intelligence? I've been thinking about making one, but I am afraid it will fuck my mind up. Working two consciousness' at the same time surely has to affect your brain in either a very negative way or a very positive way.
>>
Magic's good for your head. You should do it.

>I am developing some interest in Math

Read A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe. It's not an occult book, exactly, but awareness of recurring mathematical patterns can reinforce feelings of an ordered, divine universe.
>>
>>17685541
I imagine it would depend on your relationship to your tulpa.

Possible benefit: If you get depressed or anxious, your tulpa might not, and can thus help you through it.

Possible negative: What if your tulpa is just really fucking dumb and constantly gives you bad advice
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 540x704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 540x704
Drugs will make you 3000% smarter. Guaranteed. Unless your soul is impure. In which case you will be cast out of the garden upon eating the fruit of the tree.
>>
>>17685414
I study math/physics in undergrad, and lurk occasionally.

Most of the stuff here is pretty nonsense and roleplaying, but I'm waiting for the day somebody posts something legitimately supernatural.

I don't think physics as we know it is largely relatable to /x/ related material, as a lot of what people discuss is metaphysics; however math can describe almost anything, so it's very possible that there is a mathematical description of phenomena people experience.

Meditation is a useful tool, even if all of the benefits claimed in /x/ aren't true. Some people claim that you'll have a boosted immune system, or that you'll lower your blood pressure, or open up your chakras. All I really know about it is that emptying your mind every once in a while can be a great way to handle stress.

Don't get a Tulpa. It's pretty much inducing schizophrenia.

You may be interested in Sacred Geometry. If you look it up on youtube you may find some weirdo talking about spirit science, or somebody trying to add religious connotations to a bunch of shapes; it's still interesting nonetheless. The derivation of "metatron's cube" and the golden ratio are interesting. Metatron's cube can be used to create the platonic solids, as well as other shapes using a sort of "connect the dots" method, and the golden ratio is used extensively in engineering and nature.

Have fun learning!
>>
OP here.

Appart from magic, I am developing some interest in the esoteric stuff. Particularly in Hinduism and Buddhism. I feel peace when summoning some Hindu names, mantras, terminology, that stuff. And Maya seems like a good description of the upcoming Virtual Reality.

>>17686873

And the Fourth Dimension stuff is actually investigated by normal Mathematicians, so Math of the Occult seems okay. Now I need introductory texts to both Normal Math and Magic Math
>>
>>17685414
/x/ is like a double-edged sword because it has the potential to expand and limit your psyche. As with anybody venturing into /x/ it's going to be important that you carefully examine the nature of knowledge, truth and proof. Foregoing that initial step and jumping head first will mess with your psyche just like it has messed with a lot of people's psyches on this board.
Above all be critical in your exploration.
Meditation is certainly good for you whoever you are, though, and it's been very beneficial for me.
>>
>>17685414
>worth dedicating my autism

Why did you waste your time with this post? It's obvious you are role playing and being sarcastic. Why bother.

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>17687316

What? No, it was just a literary way of saying I want to dedicate my efforts in the occult, instead of vidya. There are people out there with a sense of self-humor, you know.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.