[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simulation Theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: pic288405_md.jpg (118 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
pic288405_md.jpg
118 KB, 500x337
Anyone who has any input on a philosophical view where you see life as a simulation?
Just like a sort of video game. You know you have your avatar and you can go do stuff to unlock certain things and there are struggles to reach a new 'level' and maintain it?
You came here because you wanted to and sleep is like a rendering phase. You just dont remember it being here and thats the whole point of the simulation/game.
Hence the game some people talk/make songs about.

The world/ playing ground is basically governed by codes, just like you have in computers, games etc. To basically establish boundaries and govern the realm with unbreakable rules while at the some time creating and maintaining an incredible amount of possibilities and choices.

I stumbled upon this theory about 2 months ago and actually find it quite liberating in some way.

A good audiobook I listened to is Simulation theory by Jonathan Lippe. Its free on youtube.

I would like to go into conversations about this. With people who have previously considered it, have thoughts on it or
any thing.
>>
File: ghost_in_the_machine_.jpg (152 KB, 600x874) Image search: [Google]
ghost_in_the_machine_.jpg
152 KB, 600x874
There's a ghost in the machine.
>>
>>17684422
Its right. Its just really complex and has a sinister twist. Since Matrix everyone with an open mind should know.
>>
>>17684427
Very interesting thanks, do you know any good books on it or any specified philosopher or something you would recommend?
>>
File: BusjZ.jpg (177 KB, 1170x842) Image search: [Google]
BusjZ.jpg
177 KB, 1170x842
>>17684422
I like this idea and I find it interesting that it's gaining popularity. Neil deGrasse Tyson has claimed that the odds of us living in a simulation is very high.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/
>>
>>17684446
What is the sinister twist according to you? And yes the matrix is a good story on the subject. I dont know, its still a movie meant to entertain IMO and is pretty sensationalist.
>>
>>17684461
I'm not familiar with what you have read but these are fairly interesting to get you going if you have no read them already.
>http://www.holybooks.com/a-new-model-of-the-universe-ouspensky-free-pdf-ebook/
>http://www.perennial.org/books/index.htm
>>
>>17684422
Still makes me wonder what happens after death. Do you die and go into simulator heaven until the simmulation ends (like the blackout atheists think happens after death)
>>
File: YsEternal130.jpg (268 KB, 1200x1870) Image search: [Google]
YsEternal130.jpg
268 KB, 1200x1870
>>17684485
I believe that a lot of things inside the simulation don't really exist in the 'real' world, including death. When you die you just leave the simulation, or go to another one. The reason why so many religions talk about life after death is because on an unconscious level people are somewhat aware that this universe is just a fake.
>>
>>17684461
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulacra_and_Simulation

The classic on the topic. One of the source for the matrix movies.
>>
>>17684468
Wow, yeah its really being put out there. Still in pretty simple terms but I know its just an article. Im always pretty sceptic on these things they put out because it reminds me of the bible.
The article clearly states, sothe simulators dont shut you down.
IMO the people who own these scientist and media stations are aware of this game and just put something out there for their peasants to believe.
Just like any other thing wether its religious, political, etc. They always have a bix ready for you to step into.
>>
>>17684470
That we arent here by free will and we are not the top of the foodchain. I dont mean flesheating reptilies per se even when there are part of this.
>>
>>17684485
I think you do leave this simulation, and it will be your "souls" choice what it wants next. I think you could also start over or live in another avatar in this 'gaming room'. The thing its pretty certain you wont ever know, and I think thats just one of the miracles or for some disturbence of this reality. IMO
>>
>>17684473
Alright nice, thats is some very good food for thought thank you!
>>
>>17684508
Do you mean like soul harvesting? I dont know it just seems like another story to buy.
Maybe we are here bc of some faults in a previous game. But this reality is just so clueless as to its rules I really dont think im going to buy it. Thats where the bible comes in again as a good example.
>>
>>17684542
Kind of. Siphoning energy. Like getting wool from sheep. Dosent have to be demonic nessesary. Just the way it is on earth. Dont know how we ended up in this but its kinda hard to escape the reincarnation cycle we are held in. Buddists try to escape it. I got lot of this from conversations with dmt entitys. They dont like to talk that indepht about the human condition but give some bits here and there.
>>
>>17684422
>With people who have previously considered it
Blind god approved OP.
>>
>>17684508
how do you know you're not here by free will? maybe you chose to give it up to take part in the simulation for awhile
>>
>>17684566
Yes but thats for the masters of this place to have more slaves working for them untill they get robots or something.
I think its all material in here. Different perspectives and controlling them in time. I dont know.....
>>
>>17684571
Its likely that we wanted to experience this new cool thing called physicality but got scammed along the way. Or it was planned that way from the beginning. We are still stuck and cant leave that easily. Maybe we get trickey every time we die to reincarnate bc of old issues.
>>
>>17684590
Spirit dips into matter to acquire soul.
>>
>>17684589
The Elite are just powerhungry puppets. The higher ups dont give a shit as long there is enough dynamic in the system. They need emotional reactions. Dosent matter really what kind of reaction. Stronger is better. Its just more efficient to make people feel bad.
>>
>>17684422
See this. One of the best debates i´ve seen about it And recent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSZA3NPpBs

As for your theory, i believe in everything. How does it work is the hard part to understand/explain.

So how can i put it:
We are a 3rd reality avatar for an infinite part of The One. But we do not come directly from it. Our system is hacked by the Demiurge. We are imperfect creations of an imperfect creator, who is twisted and has imprinted his wickedness into this reality. Creation comes from Destruction, and vice versa, in an infinite loop, a self rendering "game" which we call worldly existence
We a computer game character, and on this round we are called (insert your name here) . Your XP are your years, your age is your level, and what you do with that xp, and the trinkets you were able to gather in life, determine your experience in the "game". We are spiritual software being run on a specific hardware with it´s benefits and limitations, our bodies.

We are on an ethereal plane of existence, running of hardware receptor, and this is the game we playing Earth and Humans.

The purpose? There are several theories possible:

1 - To To win the "game" on a spiritual level after several tries (lifes) and transcend and achieve game developer status instead of being just a "gamer"

2 - To be a slave to a higer rank of players that are also themselves the karmic slaves of the game developer : Demiurge

3 - others

And this is my summarized thought on this.
>>
>>17684566
>dont like to talk that indepht about the human condition
Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>17684590
What's the scam? I guess I'm coming at it from a more positive point of view. The way I see it is maybe we choose to reincarnate over and over because we want to, not because we're tricked or someone/thing is making us.
>>
>>17684571
Because this world has zero respect for free will. It really shows when you look for it.
>>
>>17684571
Yeah, maybe. I want to know more about how to game this simulation. How to.. wow this is a mindf ck... Nevermind.

Lets just say how do you people think about the potential free will of this potential simulation?
>>
>>17684605
I forgot to add that the metaphor of a computer game is not that absurd even though it could be something totally anthropocentric because we now understand simulation coding.

May not be that absurd because our development of human gaming are one of the many sparks of Creative divine connection to the Main Source. We as created can create.and destroyers can destroy.

Our consciousness is a micro spark of the Main One.

As above so below etc
>>
>>17684611
I feel like my will is pretty free.
>>
>>17684608
Well maybe you had a good life to this point. But for most people that ever lived its struggle and suffering. This repeated for infinity dosent seem that great.

>>17684617
Free will is very limited. Alone from the memorywipe we get we just repeat the same mistakes every time and just dont have enough time to figure everything out completly.
>>
>>17684625
Exactly that. The Source is this extreme huge sun (ball of light) and we are exactly the same just infinit amouts smaller. I saw this on Dmt. It was astonishing
>>
>>17684636
Yeah, there are definitely people who are suffering in this world. With myself personally, I've always struggled and felt suffering until I realized most of that was all in my mind. Now when it comes to other people though, I don't really have any advice...
>>
>>17684636
Yes, locked in time. And being destracted to figure out the game by people who actaully herd the cattle. War, television, fake issues like the transgender they pump into everyine these days. I admire them for their gaming. While most of it it is pretty twisted but most people are real idiots too so whos to blame? Can they be edecated, I dont know. Anyways lifes pretty good for most of us especially if you dont wanna question wether things are lies.
I mean, they put up pretty good laws and everyone follows them and is in the dark most of their lives. Maybe its sad and dark but who is to know?
>>
>>17684643
I had the same epiphany but not like a sun, but definitely cosmical, with psylocibin.

And like us, thousands. Is it a coincidence? Maybe not.
>>
>>17684659
Psylocibin is chemicly very similar to dmt. We can acces non-physical realms with this keys.
>>
>>17684656
Sometimes i think maybe we just got the hard mode. The survival difficulty mode quite literaly. Just need to git gut.
>>
>>17684504
>>17684468
>>17684422
Assuming quantum computers are possible (meaning you can simulate a system larger than the system the simulation is running on), then it is possible to simulate a universe, and a quantum computer in that universe could simulate a universe, and so on to a specific point at which you can go no deeper. If the number of possible simulations is n, the chances we are in a simulation are (n-1)/(n)

It's an interesting thought, certainly, but like solipsism (and any other philosophy that contend that our senses and perception of reality are faulty) it has no application. No repercussion. It is a pointless thought experiment.
>>
>>17684724
yes but its not sunshine and rainbows. with each trip we open ourselves to dark entities.

But are entheogens doorways to other realities? yes.

Are they Good things? no. It maybe a trap.

I had 6 brutal trips last year with psylocibin, and after some deep source experiences i understood that i strolled to far into the realms of the Mistery. And that to know too much is to live to little It´s a kind of curse, and you can get lost...
>>
>>17684724
>non-physical realm
That's an oxymoron.
>>
>>17684629
If it were truly free then there would be no place for that feeling. It would be redundant nonsense.
>>
>>17684741
Could be. I am still extremly darwn to it. No matter how shitty the dmt fucks treat me i am comming back hoping to do it better next time. Its the most powerfull way to get "cosmic insights" if you are aware of there trickery.
>>
>>17684738
>hard mode
Literally hard mode in games is a reflection of the horror of real life.
>>
>>17684741
>>17684724
>how to spot people who have never taken mushrooms, or any other hallucinogen for that matter
Psilocybin's effects are absolutely nothing like DMT in any way, shape, or form. They do not produce a "trip," they do not cause vivid hallucinations, they don't even come CLOSE to causing ego death. Mushrooms may as well be more potent cannabis. The most you're going to get outside the basic benefits of a hallucinogen (in a nutshell the basic filter on your senses and thought patterns is removed) is CEV's.
>>
>>17684791
Lol than you havent taken enough. Sure its not like dmt it dosent shoot you into hyperspace but psylocibin can give nice insights too. Just way more smooth and indirect. And i just said it chemicly similar.
>>
All reality is simulation.
>>
>>17684840
all simulation is reality
>>
>>17684840
a sentient and infinite AI can re-write the code of a game like Diablo and imprint on the characters a sense of self.
>>
If you looked even deeper than the atom, you'd find space. Everything is energy. Explaining reality is a little more complex then just assuming everything is a simulation.I'd say reality is one giant orchestra. What one person does sends a ripple of energy through space and suddenly, like karma the consequence is returned.. How can there be sound without silence? How can there be form without space? And like a stream, our life descends and ascends, experiencing the different realities in order to learn more about itself. Of course on a planet like Earth, it is very easy to be traumatized so instead of ascending, we get stuck in a loop of repeating the past without really changing ourselves on the inside so we can learn from the consequence and move on.

Jesus said, "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."
>>
>>17685363
>you'd find space
That isn't nothing in itself. Space time has its own properties (thank you Einstein), and in fact because of quantum effects, tiny particles are actually quite space filling (thanks Einstein again)
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.