[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal for mediums to go to wards for not coping well with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1461982108537.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461982108537.gif
2 MB, 480x360
Is it normal for mediums to go to wards for not coping well with their abilities?
>>
>>17682974
explain to me as simply as you can,
how detainment and suppression of freedom
will help in any way or form?
>>
>>17682974
by their "abilities" you mean their schizophrenia?
>>
>>17683048
They aren't all crazy. Some of them are skilled cold readers, who belong in prison for fraud instead.
>>
>>17683048
I'm talking about psychics
>>
It is fucking trivial to control your own mind and hide your power level. Any medium who ends up in the nuthouse deserves it.
>>
>>17682974

yes

all mediums to an extent are 'crazy' or suffer from a mental illness (bipolar/schizophrenia/autism spectrum).

with their abnormal abilities in control, and if they are relatively aligned persons, they appear to have 'special powers' because they are so in tune with picking up vibes

when they have out of control abilities, they tend to appear crazy (autism spectrum seeing shadow figures/hearing voices)

you understand what I mean?
just fill in the blanks, it isn't hard to grasp the concept
>>
>>17682974
>be young with a high level of self-awareness/ambient awareness
>have spiritual gifts that not even "spiritual" people understand
>be sensitive to the emotional energies around you. You can literally feel vibes coming off of the people around you.
>want be normal sometimes, only to find out that being normal just doesn't work well for you
>>
>>17683093
So schizophrenia it is.
>>
mediums are crazy and ghosts aren't real
>>
I'm a empath and I thought I was bipolar for the longest time because if the massive mood swings I would get. I still take mood stabilizers to help with that, never been to a ward though.
>>
File: 1394410149784.png (700 KB, 725x610) Image search: [Google]
1394410149784.png
700 KB, 725x610
Personally I find the idea that "crazy" people who see things or hear voices might be just seeing or hearing things that most people can't pretty frightening. How can someone even tell if their hallucinations are real or not?
>>
>>17684493
I have pretty bad anxiety to the point where I get minor hallucinations like seeing faces in walls/objects and hearing whispering. I can definitely tell it's not real though. Supposedly when a person is fully psychotic they lose that distinction.
>>
>>17682974
No, mediums tend to be pretty well grounded. The people that end up in mental institutions end up there because they aren't grounded. It's literally the difference between life and death.
>>
>>17684582
What do you mean by "well grounded?"
>>
>>17683614
Have you started meditating yet?
>>
>>17684523
Why does the distinction disappear though? IS there something about the hallucination itself that would make someone think "this is real" or is there just something wrong with their mind?
>>
>>17684733
Not wafting off into infinite spiritual possibility at the expense of your actual needs and desires.
>>
>>17682974
>Is it normal for mediums to go to wards for not coping well with their abilities?
Yes, it is common for those experiencing delusions and vivid hallucinations to seek medical help.
>>
>>17684764
>delusions and vivid hallucinations
Mediums don't experience this. Mediums have the spirits come and go without really doing anything. It's like meeting a stranger at a bus stop; it won't affect your life unless you drive yourself crazy thinking about what that person might have been.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.