[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banshees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: banshee_by_checanty-d7wmkwr.jpg (295 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
banshee_by_checanty-d7wmkwr.jpg
295 KB, 751x1063
Hey /x/, what do you guys know about banshees?

Nothing scares me more than the idea of some shrill howling witch deep in the forest. Anyone have any experiences?
>>
nice pic
>>
>>17682630
They are weeping angels. Look into the actual lore. They are not malevolent, just really fucking loud.
>>
>>17682652
The loudness is what spooks me most probably. How are they like weeping angels?
>>
there's not much to them really. basically if one comes to your house screaming then it's a sign someone in that house will die
>>
Ugh yeah I always thought banshees were scary as hell. I read some story hear a while ago that spooped me hard
>anon calls his friend
>there was a loud screeching noise in the background
>managed to talk but the noise was annoying as hell
>every time he calls him the scream is even louder
>last time he called him he could make out that it wasn't a screeching noise but a woman's high pitched scream
>>
>>17684120
Friend is probably a serial killer slowly upping his game.
>>
its an old school scooby doo thing.

crazy homeless bitches who lived in some woods somewhere and had to scare people away so they could keep living there
>>
>>17685750
what if they started killing and eating people
>>
>>17685777
Well that would be a problem, now wouldn't it?
>>
>>17685777
>>
I guess La Llorona is technically a Banshee.

tl;dr
>heard La Llorona as a kid when I lived on the Texas/Mexico border
>OR
>I heard some woman get murdered.

Spooky either way.
>>
>>17682652
>The actual lore

Predates Christianity and the notions of angels bro.
>>
>>17682630
I'm interested in this as well. I've read somewhere that they supposedly weep for those about to die or mourn the deaths of great leaders/warriors or something.
Also, I wanted to know, is there any named banshee in myth? Or maybe a certain location where the banshee legend was first told? I'm trying to fit that in a story I'm writing, that's why I wanted to know if idk, "The Banshee of X Castle" was the first or something.
>>
>>17687486
There's Aibel (Abigail?) who is sort of "Queen" of several other lesser Banshees.

Then there are actual Gaelic family names that have to do with "Family Banshees". And it is all thought to originate from one family in Ireland.

Then if you want to go further back, Morrigan is typically thought of as the true "Banshee Queen" or "Phantom Queen" and was inspiration behind A LOT of folklore having to do with females spirits. Valkyries included.
>>
Not a frequent /x/ visitor so idk how the show is viewed here, but one of the ghost adventures halloween episodes they talk about hearing a banshee and later a woman's voice answers them in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night

Here's the episode:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2as4dz_ghost-adventures-s10-halloween-special-ireland-s-celtic-demons-hd_tech
>>
>>17687642
Is there footage/audio of it in this video?
>>
Here's your banshee. God that would be awful to hear in the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxo8X5uIWRE
>>
I've never seen one but I have heard one outside my house several years back, the creepy thing is a lot of my neighbors also heard it. It was a female that kept screaming "oh my god my children, help me find my children" it was about 2am. No one saw a thing but the sound seemed to have came from all directions. I live in California in a Mexican neighborhood so a lot of my neighbors said it was la llorona
>>
>>17687655
Cool video, but not really long enough of a cry to be thought of as a banshee. Definitely spooped some campers though. Definitely interested in more videos of possible banshee screams.
>>
>>17682630
The banshee "cry" is actually the screech of the brown owl. - An Irishman
>>
>>17689016
i know this creepypasta!
>>
>>17687479
>Predates Christianity and the notions of angels bro.
He's talking about a dr. who reference. Not "angels" in that regard.

And besides, the concept of angels themselves predate christianity by a long shot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.