[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to become a more spiritual person how do i start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: 1406167682075.gif (3 MB, 310x130) Image search: [Google]
1406167682075.gif
3 MB, 310x130
I want to become a more spiritual person
how do i start?
>>
File: 1344730524881.jpg (244 KB, 900x1216) Image search: [Google]
1344730524881.jpg
244 KB, 900x1216
>I want to become a more spiritual person
how do i start?

Truth be told, avoiding 4chan at all costs would be a reasonable first step.
>>
Meditate 20 minutes twice per day is always a good start

Personally, I think Alan Watts videos/books are helpful, but to each their own.
>>
Read Bhagavad Gita.
>>
Talk to God, don't read the Bhagavad Gita. Why would you want to worship idols or a baby that stole butter from people? Read the Torah and study Kabbalah. Stay away from the Kabbalah Centre though, they only teach BS. Also avoid Hermetic Kabbalah and Practical Kabbalah. Meditation can be good
>>
>>17682320
Meditate. Also have heterosexual sex. Even if you are not straight it actually can be quite the spiritual experience.
>>
>>17682320
The ego.
>>
File: 1301693791863.png (183 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1301693791863.png
183 KB, 320x240
This thread hasn't been very useful but mediatation seems like a good starting point.

How do I meditate?
>>
>>17683618
https://www.google.com.au
>>
>>17682320
>>17682341
Some people on /x/ deliberately try to sabotage other people on /x/ so now that you know what you want you need to seek it elsewhere.
>>
>>17683811
where else could I go?
>>
Read Bible

Pray to our Heavenly Father

The End
>>
5 grams dried p.cubensis alone in a dark room
>>
>>17683819
Did that earlier today, it was satisfactory
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Step 2 is realizing that you dont have a spirit you are a spirit you have a body everything you believe and think is inherently part of your spirituality
>>
>>17683879
that picture is complete nonsense, praying IS meditation. same thing.
>>
File: 166.jpg (41 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
166.jpg
41 KB, 300x100
>>17683879
>be a meditating monk
>listen to the cries of the people praying to god/the universe for help
>do nothing
>>
let your imagination become a reality as best you can.

find meaning without resorting to reason/logic

find connection without resorting to reason/logic

contemplate on the notion of "faith"
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
To explain the next step id like to explain a little about how your brain works. As we evolved new layers were added to the brain. These new layers are what allow us to do the things that make us human. Like feel complex emotions and have complex thoughts. When you have a thought the innermost part of your brain that houses the most basic morals and feelings has the thought it then goes through a type of refining process as it goes through the rest of the layers of your brain. This is why meditation prayer and drugs(tools for quieting the outermost layers of the mind is prevalent in so many cultures) are so amazing for connecting you to your "higher self". With that said step 3 is learning to connect with your primitive brain through a combination of prayer and meditation. I would say drugs help but they are very optional. I would also like to say that these are justvthe way i look at the world all that matters is what you believe
>>
>>17683888
Thats not true
>>
>>17683906
Good luck bad luck who can tell. Everything in the world happens for a reason if you choose to do something then you were meant to make that choice. Im not endorsing pacifism in any way nor am i endorsing action. In the liber legis (The Book of Law) it states that the only law to govern your spirit is "Do what thou wilt" that is whole of the law
>>
>>17683879

prayer is a method to gain perspective for the self, meditation is to become one with the entirety of perspective.

it's subtle, but different.

the former is still much more rooted by the laws of the physical realm, if you wish enlightenment, you cannot be afraid of what you might be led to.
>>
>>17683919
It is. A proper prayer is completly silent. And you dont ask god for anything. just because americans got it in their head that a christian prayer is a blond loli kneeling in front of her bed wishing for a puppy that doesnt meant its exactly that.

Prayer is a form of meditation. just aknowledge it.
>>
>>17683917

a lot of it has to do with the fact that we can't physically KNOW that which we haven't experienced.

thus our perception inherently gets limited by what we're able to allow ourselves to know.

the more people stop being afraid of seeking the undefinable, the more we're able to share and grow from experiences, the faster we continue to move forward.

but the more you scratch into the universe, the more you realize it's a seemingly endless set of cyclical paradoxes. whose very being is subconsciously manipulated by the perspective of the observer himself.

the separation (yet connection) of self from the universe is both paradoxical and yet straightforward.
>>
Watch this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDso5ElFRg

This is definitely a good way to start.
>>
>>17683927
I appreciate your civil response. Then I will modify It to "american prayer". I still believe it has its place in spirituality
>>
btw OP, spirituality is nothing more than thinking about the universe on a more metaphysical level assisted by guidance passed through the ages.

if you want truly spiritual, and you're able to honestly (and critically) question the perspective, bias, language, interpretation, etc. then go for it.

if you are unwilling to put that effort forth, and just want a sky santa to save you for being bad, I wouldn't advise going down the spiritual path. there are enough people clinging on to them without understanding them already.
>>
File: 1462900976270.jpg (22 KB, 252x378) Image search: [Google]
1462900976270.jpg
22 KB, 252x378
realize that you are a god. then accept all other entity's as there own yet connected godhood.
>>
>>17682320
Read the King James Bible.
Read up on idealism and dualism.
Read up on metaphysics.
Remove the poison of scientism, evolution and big bang from your mind.
Eat well and work out, have no addictions, keep your mind, body and heart pure.
>>
File: sadhguru-smiling-poem-ageless-2.jpg (170 KB, 1918x1080) Image search: [Google]
sadhguru-smiling-poem-ageless-2.jpg
170 KB, 1918x1080
The concept of being spiritual is really simple, you just have to start experiencing a dimension beyond mere physicality. Meditation, astral projection are a few ways to do it.
>>
>>17682320
shut down your brain and sense of logic and reason
>>
File: 1462374671887.jpg (496 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1462374671887.jpg
496 KB, 500x714
Remember kindergarden? Spirituality is like that, coloring, sounds, animals, shapes, stories, santas.

Remember how you were in Kindergarden?
"Blood this" and "dinosaur" that.
And "x couldn't beat vegeta in a fight"

Spirituality is what happens if you get in infinity "My thing is infinity times better than your thing"

Nuh uh, my thing is "Infinity plus one"

etc. etc. You have the groundwork, it is shiva, and it is also dirt, and also sorta semen, also sorta blood, also sorta the sun, but also sorta the moon, but also sorta your mom which is also sorta your dad, which is weird because dads don't exist in the modern time, but a dad is like a good dog sorta, and dog is backwards for god. and god is sorta also gods. But gods are also sorta goddess. But some kids will never care about colors, only the powerlevels of superheroes. Or if you're really old, baseball card stats.

Think like a kindergardener, and then you have spirit. Think like a 45 year old accountant, and you're gonna need a drastic lifestyle change to be able to make different pictures out of "connect the dots"
>>
>>17684369
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
release the ego and youve got a better picture of being a solar being
>>
File: 1459647327875.jpg (48 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1459647327875.jpg
48 KB, 640x960
>>17684374
Well yeah, every who's ever had an "Infinity" argument gets sick of it. Who cares which superheros has biggest benis.
We all stop caring once we get too powerful, even in discussions.
>>
>>17682320
kys then >become a spirit
>>
Step 1: Get off the internet
Step 2: Be born before technology was invented
Step 3: Cause enough brain damage that you become retarded
Step 4: Buy some shiny rocks from a Wiccan and grow out a rats tail
>>
>>17682320
Within.
>>
>>17682341
Personally, I have pretty low grade empathy and the soulless anon interface really helps me connect with other people in a meaningful way. It's all dependent on the individual.
>>17682452
That really fucked up my sister with false notions of beauty. Same as the Bible, really. She should have stuck with the non-sensationalist religion of Islam.
>>17682500
>God
God here. Can confirm I am a parasitic entity that will disempower you within your own mind.
>>17682503
Probably not helpful if you suffer from anorgasmia.
>>17682505
>keh
>>17683618
You don't. You just sit down, shut up, and let your mind wander until you understand what it means to control it. Only after that's done can it be called meditation. The name is not a means nor an end.
>>17683817
Within. Your perception of the world is evidence that you can understand entire worlds.
>>17683879
Neat pic.
>part of your spirituality
If it comes from outside yourself it's a little less spiritual, but there's no law saying you can't be influenced and inspired by the works of others.
>>17683888
>praying IS meditation
You're doing it wrong then.
>>17683914
>as best you can
No. Never give spirituality your best met effort. It's not worth it.
>>17683914
>empty post
>>17683922
>you were meant to make that choice
No, you make the choices you want to make. You were meant to only if YOU meant to. If something else meant you to, you weren't really meant to.
>>17683923
>to become one with the entirety of perspective
Nice description. Really captures the gravity of the process.
>you cannot be afraid of what you might be led to
Thanks, actually. That really helps me. I know it's true, but I kind of have a tendency to be mortally afraid of just about literally everything.
>>17683927
>proper prayer
>goes on about popular culture
I'm not saying anything, just implying it.
>>17683937
>KNOW that which we haven't experienced
I knew what it felt like to break a bone before I ever broke a bone. My brain could already comprehend.
>>
Try dying and you'll become a spirit
>>
>>17683942
Don't. Prefixing every Western idea with "Western" is redundant. Prayer refers to the popular notion of prayer, and religions shitheads tend to think words matter so they get stuck up on "true" <concept>.
>>
>>17683948
This. Nobody needs another mindless follower.
>>
>>17683959
That's not a good place to start. That's actually the absolute worst place to start. Source: I actually did try to start there. I learned spirituality by jumping into the deep end of the pool and it was completely fucked up. Conclusion: You don't just toss people in and hope they sink or swim. If you REALLY want to respect someone's godhood, respect that they haven't become ready to embrace it yet.
>>
>>17684348
Again, jumping into the deep end of the pool where the only meaningful thing you can say is "I am god" is the wrong approach for someone asking for the first step. If someone wants to jump into the deep end, they don't ask for the "first step." All the unenlightened dipshits ITT are doing more harm than good.
>>
>>17684496
Spirituality is the one that avoids trickery, not the gullible one.
>>
>>17682320
The Egyptian gods are the only ones who seem to still care about humans seek there guidance avoid arbrahamic gods just ask any of there followers how theyve changed there life it's all going to be he works in mysterious ways or I was sad then I prayed and became happy through you know there own will not divine intervention
There are good teachings in every religion though
>>
>>17684723
To put this in perspective if you worship yhwh you're worshiping sarandipity
>>
File: 1369129377278.gif (1 MB, 365x353) Image search: [Google]
1369129377278.gif
1 MB, 365x353
Check /x/ for the first tme today and this thread isn't much helpfull.

I wanted to become a more spiritual person because I've grown aware of inmaterial feeling and that I'm a soul that has a body and that I should not let my body control me. That the world around me isn't made of straight lines, everything has many sides like a diamond.

Now that I see things this way I wanted to learn more in an organized fashion. some comments make it sound like I already know what I need to know and others don't guide me anywhere.
>>
>>17685254
If you're on path then you're already on the path.

It all begins with a single step. It sounds like you may have already taken that step.
>>
>>17685254
Bg 12.8 — Just fix your mind upon Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and engage all your intelligence in Me. Thus you will live in Me always, without a doubt.
Bg 12.9 — My dear Arjuna, O winner of wealth, if you cannot fix your mind upon Me without deviation, then follow the regulative principles of bhakti-yoga. In this way develop a desire to attain Me.
Bg 12.10 — If you cannot practice the regulations of bhakti-yoga, then just try to work for Me, because by working for Me you will come to the perfect stage.
Bg 12.11 — If, however, you are unable to work in this consciousness of Me, then try to act giving up all results of your work and try to be self-situated.
Bg 12.12 — If you cannot take to this practice, then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge. Better than knowledge, however, is meditation, and better than meditation is renunciation of the fruits of action, for by such renunciation one can attain peace of mind.
>>
bamp
>>
>>17686166
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.