[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Tower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: get to da towah.jpg (64 KB, 600x621) Image search: [Google]
get to da towah.jpg
64 KB, 600x621
Hey /x/philes,

I've been away for a good few years and decided to check back in. The whole landscape of /x/ seems different now. I was just wondering if there's anyone around who remembers "the tower"?

A few years back it was something that a lot of /x/philes shared and engaged with. Is there still anyone around who even knows about it?
>>
>>17681148
>The Tower
>Slinger

Be less obvious next time, Mr. King.
>>
>>17681160
It's just an easy nickname associated with the word "tower" to identify myself.

The Tower from /x/ was unrelated to anything by Stephen King.
>>
File: sure.png (875 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
875 KB, 1600x900
>>17681168
Uh huh.

You know it's okay to admit when you've made a mistake, right?
>>
>>17681148
the pic you have there is from The Black Tower series by Stephen King. I dunno what else would you be talking about
>>
This thread made me watch "The Stand", because it's a great movie and I cannot "stand" to read the book because Mr. King is boring.

Boring in writing, but his ideas are great and content is great.
>>
>>17681287
That's actually the Babylon tower, idiot. Let the OP Explain, maybe? Newfag here.
>>
>>17681160
>>17681205
>>17681287

Fuck off retards, he isn't talking about Sk's TDT, he is talking about a /x/ project from 5 or 6 years ago, We would try to dream about a tower where we could go to talk with other anons and come back to /x/ and see if we could contact each other in our dreams, something like a multiversal tactic point
>>
Holy fuck dude you're the man. I was actually thinking about it earlier today and wondering what happened to the anons who were working on it with us. Drove me nuts because I was there for a good chunk of it then left for a few weeks because of IRL shit and when I came back there was next to no mention of it.
>>
>>17681455
Wasn't that an island?
>>
>>17681493
It was an island.
>>
>>17681497
>>17681493
geeks can't keep their story straight.
Inb4, Th-that was s-s-something else
>>
>>17681455
>>17681493
>>17681497
>>17681508

Mandela effect?
>>
>>17681497
veelox?
>>
>>17681508
The tower and the island are different things, but the island was a place people on /x/ tried to meet in dreams.

http://parachan.org/wiki/Veelox
>>
I had this dream I can’t tell you about. But I’m going to try.

We were all sitting in a room, playing a game on computers. It was trivia: we were given these questions, and the goal was to find the answer. Every once in a while, I’d get one I knew, and I’d shout it out.

The crowd would laugh and call me up to the front, where a light was shining near the exit, and my shadow would be cast upon the wall, and a framework of wood formed a guillotine silhouette upon the wall.

They’d say “That was the obvious answer!” and guffaw – and the blade would come down and chop my head off.

Several of these questions were clear, and then more, and then eventually I knew the answer to every one.

I couldn’t help myself. I’d call out the answers.

The one that ended the dream was something like “Why do we keep sending you these questions, and why do you keep answering them?” and my response was to loudly ask “What if we’re not in control?”

Everybody laughed, and I was brought to the front again.

“I should tell you,” I loudly proclaimed, “I have obvious-answer-itis. It’s been with me for years, and they’ve been looking for a cure… but they just can’t find the answer.”

The crowd whoops and laughs. They chop my head off, and I go home for the night.
>>
>>17681205
Troll less lurk more your newfriend is showing.
>>
I totally remember this! One anon dreamed about a black, broken tower on either an island or a desert, and shared it with us.

Other anons eventually started trying to dream about it too and some had limited success in communicating with eachother + exploring more of the dream.

I'm not sure how accurate my recollections are, but I do remember quite clearly there WAS something called the Tower, the details are just fuzzy because I only read a few threads.
>>
Wow, so much butthurt in here I don't even know where to begin. Enjoy your roleplay, kiddies, I'm out.
>>
>>17681455
Funny thing we had this project more recently where we'd focus on a sigil representing /x/ and visualizing and a tower kept popping up in several accounts from different people
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.