[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Djinn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Hey /x/ so a close family friend of mine says he can contact and even command Djinn. But what even are they? Extra-Demsional beings? Angels? And are there any anons here that use Djinn as well?
>>
>>17681046
>Djinn
Genies
>>
A young boy sat quietly atop a rusty foldable chair amidst an ocean of distant relatives that he did not recognize. Completely stoic, his gaze was fixated on some nonexistent objective, as if he were concentrating on some aspiration that laid just beyond his line of sight. One by one, the sea of second cousins and great uncles begin to dwindle, each family member ambling up to the framed photograph of the young boy's older brother that loomed over the moderate assembly.

When the young boy had finally asked his parents about his brother's death, his father bent down on his knees and met the his son eye to eye. The father hesitated. Gathering a few deep breaths, he told his son that the young boy's brother was murdered by a demon. As he ran his brittle fingers through his hair, the father began to tell his last remaining child the story of the devil who lives inside a bottle.

Long ago, before the youngest son could walk, the older brother had found a mysterious bottle that held inside of it a demon that was just as powerful as it was cunning. In the beginning, the creature of the bottle was pleasant and enticing. The older brother brought the bottle home with him, assured that he had found a new friend in which to share his life with. Soon, the spirit revealed to the older brother that it had the power to grant him any wish that he could whisper inside of the bottle. At first, he only used the wishes sparingly, but as time went on, he became more and more addicted to the wishes that the demon would grant for him. What the older brother did not realize is that for every wish that he whispered inside of the monster's bottle, the tighter its grasp became over his heart. After a few years, the brother became completely dependent on the spirit's wishes as he could not make it though his day without summoning it's power multiple times.
>>
>>17682348
As his dependency grew, so did his anger and violence. The older brother began to resent the rest of his family for their autonomy and self reliance while he was forced to cary the demon on his side at all times.

Confused, the young boy began to ask more questions about how his brother came to meet his end. The father patiently waited for his son's inquiries to subside before continuing on with the story.
Like any concerned guardians, the parents had tried to loosen the iron grip that the demon had on their son. Despite their best of intentions, the older brother's soul had become corrupted from the devil's influence and he lashed out violently against anyone that tried to come between him and the monster.

The younger brother grew quiet. He began to remember all of the harsh shrieks and exasperated curses that his brother would screech out in desperation in the days leading up to the incident. No matter how much he had tried to burry his head underneath his pillow, it was never deep enough to escape the appalling calamity that eventually subsided with a piercing smack followed my a muffled whimper.

Continuing with the tale, the father went on to describe how in a fleeting moment of clarity, the older brother decided to renounce his subjection as he cast aside the spirit and its bottle. Enraged by his betrayal, the demon withdrew from the bottle and began to haunt the older brother amid every step he took. Around every corner and in the background of every landscape, the demon littered itself into every aspect of the brother's life. Not offering him a single moment of solitude, the brother's already fractured sanity began to deteriorate even further. In a last ditch effort, the older brother fled into the night, stealing his father's truck so that he could try to put as much distance between him and the demon as possible.
>>
>>17682356
Infuriated by the older brother's resistance, the monster hounded after him, summoning every bit of its power to pursue him like a rabid dog. Feeling the demon following close behind him, the older brother slammed his foot on the accelerator; causing the engine to growl angrily. The speedometer twitched violently as the older brother dodged between other cars and swerved agains the hips of the winding road, trying desperately to maintain his acceleration despite his constant twists and turns. In the end, his efforts were in vain. In a macabre flash of blood and carnage, the demon effortlessly tore the life from the older brother's body. Not content with merely dismembering the corpse of the brother, the unforgiving spirit unleashed his furry on the massive 3 ton steel machine that the older brother used to try and make his getaway. Unfulfilled until the truck was reduced to a mangled, twisted knot, the devil's fury dwindled as he subsided back into the bottle it called home.

The blood drained from the young boy's face as the futility of his brother's actions sunk in. How could he ever had stood a chance against a creature that was fast enough to outrun a speeding car and strong enough to rip to pieces? After a few moments, the boy looked up to his father and asked him where the bottle ended up after the monster killed his older brother. The father slumped his head downward as he once again returned to his feet. Neither he nor his wife dared to go near the demon. Cowering from the creature's otherworldly temptations, the bottle remained where the older brother had last left it; inside the cellar.
>>
>>17682362
For years, they boy spent his childhood terrified of his family's cellar. Every creak and every moan that echoed though the house's humble walls crept inside of his mind, causing him to cower in fear of the the possibility that the demon could lay waste to his entire family in the blink of an eye if it so desired. Despite the boy's crippling dread, his curiosity to learn more about the devil began to fester.

On more than just one occasion, the boy would sneak away from bed in the early hours of the night and creep his way into the living room hall. Tucking himself up against the wall, he would hold his breath and try to make out the words that his parents gently spoke to each other. While most of the conversations were mundane and commonplace, a few rare occasions did allow the boy to hear the occasional scattered snippet of information about his brother's death. Although his parents never referred to the entity as a demon in these conversations, he distinctly remembers his father mentioning how this all started with his old grand dad. Confused, the boy shifted his weight slightly so that he could hear the conversation better. Instead, the floorboards creaked loudly beneath his feet, alerting his parents to their son's presence. Irate towards his son's deceit, his father began to berate him. In his anger, he held his son against the wall and told him that unless he was careful, the demon would find a way to come after him as well.
>>
>>17682370
Terrified of the notion that the demon wasn't content in only consuming the life of his brother, the boy began to lose several hours of sleep every night. Each day, the problem only seemed to grow, making the boy's paranoid apprehension worsen. One night, after many hours of tossing and turning in his sleep, the boy was moments away from succumbing peacefully to his exhaustion when several particularly violent shrieks emanated from the walls of the old house. As the boy listened closely to the gnashing of wood and mortar, it slowly dawned on him that the din was emanating from cellar. Deciding that he no longer wishes to live beneath the foreboding threats of mortal peril, the boy mustered up every bit of tenacity he had and slowly lumbered out of bed.

Tiptoeing silently across the house so not to wake his parents, the boy advanced towards the loud moans and grunts. Upon reaching the cellar door, the young boy froze. Images of robust, burly muscles and long piercing fangs caked in blood flooded through the child's mind. Pushing the gnarled thoughts from his mind, the boy opened the door, releasing a cold draft upon his face as he descended the rickety old stairs. The walls of the cellar were covered with various shelves and racks full of a many bottles and assorted wines. Upon reaching the bottom, the boy begins to frantically grope around until he found the light switch. A flood of amber rays filled the cellar in a shimmering artificial glow as the assorted bottles on the walls shimmered brightly.
>>
>>17682375
The boy carefully examined each bottle he found, unsure which ones could possibly house the ghastly demon. After a few uneasy moments, the boy stumbled across an odd glass bottle filled with a murky burgundy liquid. Looking at the label printed on it's front, the boy read "Old Grand-Dad". Tears began to well up inside of the boy's eyes as his hands trembled. Could he possibly be holding the house of the devil in his very palms?

Unable to hold back any more, the young boy began to cry. The years following the death of his older brother did little to ebb the pain that still troubled the young child. A torrent of repressed pain and emotion assailed the young boy at once. The child wished with every fiber within him that he could just forget about the pain he felt towards the loss of his brother. He pushed the brim of the whiskey bottle into his mouth and sighed. The taste of death washed over his lips as another wish was granted.
>>
So… no one gonna talk about Djinns?
>>
>>17683273
We don't know anything about them. You're in a better position to know, being friends with someone who works with them.

Come to think of it, you'd be doing us a good service bringing us djinn secrets from this guy.
>>
>>17683405
Sorry, I'm not OP, just some guy digging through /x/ trying to find something decent.
>>
>>17683420
Oh.

Well, do YOU know anything about djinn?
>>
>>17683420
I know I liked the movie The Wish Master. Thats about it.
>>
Best info is from people following teachings about sorcery. They say the Djinn are inorganic beings that have awareness configured in a way different than our own.

Think of earth with its energetic bands of energy and conscious awareness. Some beings may occupy the energy levels that are compatible with organic life forms, such as ours. Then there are other bands of energy that are completely different. They say inorganic beings occupy these other bands, and practically have their own universe of energy. Sorcerers are beings that can tap into the realms of inorganic energy and use it for their practices.
>>
>>17683434
that sounds pretty damn interesting. so how do they grant wishes?
>>
>>17683449
Sadly I think thats just wishful thinking. Much knowledge of Djinn has been lost and collectively we simply aren't ready to encounter them again.
>>
>>17682379
Well-written story. Caught it was liquor from the very beginning but very well-constructed. Who wrote it?
>>
>>17683462
Perhaps some kind of spiritual technology similar in nature to the arc or some other artifact could have existed that could grant wishes. Maybe beings of the past crafted vessels to give these spirits expression in our world. Perhaps these vessels contained concentrated spiritual power that could manifest when activated.
>>
>>17683473
I wrote it. Just finished it a few days ago. Im trying to still fix it up a bit though. I appreciate the feed back.
>>
>>17683489
Nice, man! It's really good. One tip: macabre feels a little contrived when you're describing the crash. Maybe use another word? Grisly, violent, something along those lines.
Also, the whole "Old Grand Dad" thing was a little weak. Felt a little rushed right there at the end. I think that area could use a little filling out to match the rest of the story.

I like to write as well. If you want to swap stories sometime, email me at [email protected]
>>
>>17683508
Thanks for the feedback. I always tend to be exhibit Purple Prose alot in my early drafts.

And yeah, that sounds great. Its always pretty hard fining an impartial party to judge my writing. Ill send you an email in the morning. Its pretty damn late over here and I need some sleep.

[email protected]
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.