[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If actual magick is about the esoteric, meditation and occultism,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
If actual magick is about the esoteric, meditation and occultism, then how come that in media is represented as throwing fireballs and magic missiles?
>>
File: 1428478221375.gif (96 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1428478221375.gif
96 KB, 480x480
cuz its all fantasy you autistic shit
>>
>media
I want you to re-read your post and consider your level of autism and retardation,
>>
Actual magic is boring, throwing fireballs is fancy. As a writer you want to give excitement to your reader hence you make shit up and have mages throw fireballs because reality is boring for the masses
>>
If actual hacking is about reading manuals, writing boring code and tricking people into sharing their passwords over the phone, then how come in media it's depicted as programming explosions into human skeletons?
>>
If actual spying about attending boring meetings and learning nothing new 98% of the time, then why is James Bond an actual thing in the media?
>>
>>17680556
>Actual magic is boring,

Visually boring, at least to most observers. Polanski's, The Ninth Gate, did a pretty good job of creating the feel of magic from the inside.
>>
File: bible-black-1024x679.jpg (193 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
bible-black-1024x679.jpg
193 KB, 1024x679
>>17680572

Speaking of creating feels, did Bible Black create an accurate feel of what a Satanistic ritual would be like? They seemed to have taken inspiration from Crowleys' writings.
>>
>>17680540
Because the media and most people are ignorant about esoterism and also >>17680556
>>
>>17680592

Fuck. Been so long I wouldn't know. A working ritual space has a certain tension about it, not in the since of conflict, but more like the taughtness of a bow string or the force necessary to cock a firearm. A Satanic ritual would likely all that, only with more adrenaline.
>>
The media likes magic missile, because if you teach any real magic, you end up with people who take to it like water, and try and undo all that magick you put in your elementary school grammar textbooks.
>>
>>17680540

>If science is boring stuff done by old men in lab coats, how come we have Star Trek?
>>
>>17680540
Because actual magic is about role playing and no one wants to see you larping on tv
>>
File: 1462908621775.jpg (87 KB, 953x960) Image search: [Google]
1462908621775.jpg
87 KB, 953x960
You knew the answer before you made this thread. This was just your attempt at holding on to the sliver of hope throwing fireballs and casting magic missles is an actual thing.

But we know it isn't.

The entertainment industry and the media won't ever tell you what magic is really about because everyday people don't need to know - and most importantly it wouldn't make them any money.

Now given the fact you're questioning magic I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're interested, more or less, in figuring out what it is and how to make it work.

So to you, my dear anon, I say this..

Don't make ridiculous threads like this, accept real magic for what it is, study it, and if it doesn't sit right with you or tickle your fancy?

Be a true practitioner and learn to make it.

Adieu.
>>
Actual magics does exist. But requires much more than your actual self to perform.

Media? You know the answer to that already.

It is possible to create fireballs but to be able to manifest them requires a lot of power and is usually a group effort.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.