[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /x/ suffer from disassociation?https://www.mentalhe lp.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 20151226_105720.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151226_105720.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Does /x/ suffer from disassociation?https://www.mentalhelp.net/advice/obsessive-strange-thoughts-about-life-and-existentialism/
>>
>>17679066
When you want to make a genuine thread, leave out links and speak from personal experience and or the heart.

Your post is stale
>>
File: Spiderman-Meme-26.jpg (32 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman-Meme-26.jpg
32 KB, 500x373
>>17679075
thank you, lord of chans.
>>
>>17679066
Yes. I have BPD due to abuse as a child and as a result suffer from episodes of derealization/dissociation/delusions during stressful situations. It feels like my hands and feet are miles away and tiny and huge at the same time. Sounds are muffled and everything feels like it reaches me consciously with a long delay. I have had several catatonia-like episodes where I lapse into a state of silence; no thinking, very hard to move my body and think. I don't feel anything when this happens, emotionally or physically. When I was being abused, this state came on and saved me from having to experience it, so I don't really hate it. It's annoying, though... because it's a really useless technique now that I'm an adult.

I'm on an antidepressant now, which has helped with many of the symptoms.
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (2 MB, 450x247) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
2 MB, 450x247
>>17679075
>tells others how to contribute
>doesn't contribute
>>
>>17679105
I don't take him seriously. If he was serious the post would have had more body to it.
>>
>>17679075
You're completely wrong. Most depersonalization/disassociation thread OPs are whiny faggots who want to type thirty pages of depressive greentext at us, then yell at us when we won't affirm that their fits really do prove simulation theory (or whatever it is would make them feel special).

A simple question and an informative link? That's a breath of fresh air. Today OP was not a fag.
>>
>>17679066
Yes, when I smoke marijuana. I hate it if I have to interact with others, so I usually don't smoke.
>>
http://www.anxietycoach.com/depersonalization.html
>>
>>17679096
>it feels like my hands and feet are miles away and tiny and huge at the same time.
Holy shit. I've had this since before I can remember. I'm 20 now and up until this point I've never been able to describe it, nor have I ever known anyone else who was experiencing it. I'm so glad I know this now. Makes sense since I've suffered many anxiety disorders in my lifetime.
>>
>>17679066
yes, my tgoughts keep rushing at late night, cant sleep then panic attacks, I had an hero thoughts
>>
>>17681047
I've also experienced this. I don't think is that uncommon, especially when you are about to fall asleep.
>>
I've had this since the age of 14. I'm 25 now. It doesn't get better.
>>
>>17681680
No, it won't if you don't do anything about it.

I had this for a few years, got meds and therapy. It got completely better.
>>
>>17681739

I've been on/off meds and in and out of therapy since 16. Nice assumption, though.
>>
>>17679105
>Tells others how to contribute
>Doesn't contribute
>>
>>17679066
Holy shit man. Thank you for that link.
>>
I've suffered what I believe to be derealization for some years now (I've been diagnosed with four major anxiety disorders so it's highly likely what I'm experiencing is derealization). I should be returning to therapy for anxiety/depression so I plan to talk about it then. In the mean time I'll share experiences and shit if anyone cares.
>>
>>17681753
Maybe healing just isn't for you.
>>
>>17681739
what meds helped?
>>
>>17684186
That this image was ever made has legitimately made me lose faith in humanity.

Again.
>>
File: platypus-swimming-closeup.jpg (743 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
platypus-swimming-closeup.jpg
743 KB, 1600x900
>>17679066

This is an illness I can get medication for?

Almost the same thing has been going on my whole life, but not really in an anxious way.

When I was young, sometimes when I was half awake in the morning I would be unable to think of myself as being alive; I would think about the universe as if I were on objective being, without the bias if living. Then I sort of "zeroed in" on humanity, and how unthinkable it is for something which is no different to the rest of the universe as a whole to know anything, or to even exist.

After all of this wore off I would wander around my house in a sort of haze. Is this the same thing, or am I missing something?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.