[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/ can you help me out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: lvl3lcru0b.jpg (70 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
lvl3lcru0b.jpg
70 KB, 320x320
I've never really been on this board, more of a /k/ user anyway but I thought I would come to you all about something I've never talked about. Could you all perhaps help me ease my thoughts or perhaps ID what I'm dealing with?

I live in eastern MO, in Suburbia. Occasionally, only while inside my room, I hear the strangest sound from outside my window. But when I look, nothings there. It sounds like a two tone horn blast. Usually with a long low note followed by a short high note, but sometimes the second note dips lower than the first. This happens most commonly in the winter (though not exclusively), during the evening or at night. Anyone heard of such a thing?
>>
Bump because I would like my question answered.
>>
The sound could be produced by temperature change shrinking and expanding the wood around your window. I've heard some strange noises in older houses from temp. And moisture changes.
>>
>>17678047
Those sound ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589j_onES3I
>>
Do You live near a train station? ??
>>
>>17678284
Not OP, but this is mind blowing. And although I do believe in things of a paranormal nature, is there any scientific or logical explanation for this shit?
>>
Sounds are fake. They are from a movie called red state.

https://youtu.be/ItD6dQa5ncw?t=28s
>>
>>17678047
i would assume something related to pressure/temperature in the air, funneling or something else. i mean, think of how a trumpet works: pressurized air gets forced through a tube. bottom line though, don't jump to conclusions.
>>
>>17678438
that movie is pretty poorly reviewed. surprising based on some of the actors.
>>
File: 1453041966417.jpg (707 KB, 2048x1094) Image search: [Google]
1453041966417.jpg
707 KB, 2048x1094
>>17678446
>don't jump to conclusions.

Are you serious this is /x/ the board wouldn't exist without people that jumps to conclusions.

Ice do funny sounds, where is suburbia?

What's eastern MO?

What is the meaning of the universe?
>>
OP here. I thought I was ignored.
>>17678284
Actually yes, but much more... clear?
Is this viral marketing or is it actual??
>>
>>17678515
Eastern Missouri. North of St. Louis, like the other side of the Missouri River.
>>
>>17678385
No. Although late at night I can hear trains waaaaaay off in the distance.
>>
>>17678573
You live near the river?

Do boats still go trough the river?
>>
>>17678629
Several miles away. You would hear boats in the summer/spring as well wouldnt you?
>>
>>17678629
As in >50 miles.
>>
>>17678644
Mmm.

It could be an stupidly loud boat horn.
>>
OP here. So what I'm getting here is that you guys don't know anything about something like that, minus that trumpet thing maybe and its probably something to do with the wind or ice? This isn't some kind of woodland spirit or aliens or something like that?
>>
>>17678737
Have you attempted to record it?
>>
>>17678737
Set up camera
Set up recorder
???
Profit
>>
>>17678743
No. But that is an excellent idea. Perhaps you all will hear from me towards the end of the year or early next year.
>>
File: 1367108179.png (287 KB, 510x927) Image search: [Google]
1367108179.png
287 KB, 510x927
>>17678978
Good luck. on your sound hunting anon.
>>
It's likely a dozer or something scraping concrete. There's a video on YouTube that debunks a lot of the videos out there as being either that clip from Red State, an audio rip from another video, or the dozer scrape. Sounds carry wayyyyyy further in cold air, like at night or during winter, and on overcast days, because the clouds provide really nice acoustics.
>>
>>17679278
Also at night the ambient noise of daily activities is gone. The amount of things you can hear is multiplied.
>>
>>17678446
i agree my sisters old house used to make spoopy noises but it ended up bring old pipes rattling
>>
>>17678458
That one bitch from the last season of Scrubs is in it. Of course it's automatically awful, regardless of other people.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.