[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into Gnosticism? Essential reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: PhilipDick.jpg (16 KB, 300x389) Image search: [Google]
PhilipDick.jpg
16 KB, 300x389
How do I into Gnosticism? Essential reading?
>>
Interessted too.
>>
Nag Hammadi

Start on http://www.gnosis.org
>>
>>17677221
Thanks anon!
>>
>>17677221

Also, bear in mind that Gnosticism is not a coherent set of beliefs. There were several groups classified together as Gnostic, but they did not all believe the same things and none of them called themselves, "Gnostics".
>>
>>17677243
Katharer were gnostics right? Who are the other groups?
>>
>>17677395

Cathars were too late to be Gnostics proper. There were Valentinians, Bardaisanites, Marcosians, Manicheans, and others.
>>
>>17677190
Gnsoticism by Stephan A. Hoeller

Voices of Gnosticism is a book by Miguel Conner interviewing various scholars. He also has a podcast called Aeon Byte: Gnostic Radio.

The works of Jeremy Puma are interesting. It's a mix of Gnosticism with a little Buddhism and a lot of PKD thrown in.
>>
Also read ancient greek philosophers.
>>
>>17677190
just watch the matrix
>>
Monroe.
>>
>>17677522

not mentioning the simonians the first ones of telling of the simulation.
>>
>>17677243
Actually the people condemned by Irenaeus and variously also been described as "Sethians" & "Barbeloites" by polemicists and modern scholars are the endonymous namesake of Gnosticism as a religious category. They referred to themselves as Gnostikoi.
>>
>>17677190
The Nag Hammadi; The Gospel of Judas, and the translation controversy; and the Chaldean Oracles.
>>
>>17678306
This. The importance of ancient Greek philosophical concepts cannot be overstated in the hermeneutics of Gnostic (and Hermetic) texts.
>>
>>17678336
>They referred to themselves as Gnostikoi.

Cite?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.