[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so i need any /x/perienced individuals tohelp me out here...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 1
File: download (3).jpg (9 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
9 KB, 220x229
Okay so i need any /x/perienced individuals tohelp me out here... the last few weeks this has been happening to me. I seem to have a strange geographical region in my head, i keep seeing or remembering a cove in a jungle (ive never been to any jungle) with wooden walkways, vines, animals, the works... very very detailed and specific... sometimes it hits my head so vividly that i can "remember" (for lack of a better word) the entire surrounding area... it gives me a strange nostalgic feeling, almost as if it was something i saw as a toddler or infant but i know that i never did. For some reason this jungle cove scene has some weird significance and lately i keep being reminded of it... it makes me feel like ive been in this place because of how familiar it is to me... strangely enough when i "recall" this place it strikes me the same way my childhood home does... my brain seems to "miss" this place... Ive thought a lot about it and i just cant figure out where the thoughts of this specific scene could have come from... Any input at all on whether this is weird or what it could mean would be appreciated.

Pic is not related
>>
needy greedy bump
>>
>>17676479
>vines, animals, the works... very very detailed and specific
That you have an understanding of the scene that you consider common enough to summarize by a simple sentiment such as
>the works
is evidence that you understand such a scene to be... Commonplace, in the mind/world psyche. Ta!
>>
You saw the jungle book, had nightmares
Skelton
>>
>>17676520

so are you here to debate what i have been seeing or remembering? or to actually comment on what it is and what it means? i can give you any details you want but for clarification purposes it seems i used some words you dont approve of... let me know whatever choices of diction you find it impossible to get past and then we can discuss the reason i actually made this thread.
>>
>>17676577
haven't seen jungle book since probably 92 and haven't seen the new one. Otherwise i would have agreed and not even made this thread.

1. i dont live in or near a jungle.
2. i am not interested in or generally exposed to media regarding jungles.
3. i am mainly just wondering why i have such a specific and detailed idea of this place ive never been. the fact that its a jungle is not very relevant.
>>
>>17676579
>the reason i actually made this thread
Usually you can just say the reason in the OP and people will take you seriously.

DISCLAIMER:

It has to be the actual reason. We have a strong nose for bullshit OTB.
>>
>>17676582
>generally exposed to
Everyone is generally exposed to all media. That's kind of what I was getting at when I bitched at the other anon earlier today about misusing the term 'collective unconscious' that Jung invented.
>>
>>17676520

you might like this better, ill try to be specific.

there is a dark wooden walkway (somewhat rotten near the corners and where pieces connect) which surrounds this jungle cove (which connects to the ocean through a 20-30 foot channel and has a diameter of a few hundred feet) the walkway is composed of planks which are about an inch thick and about 4 or 5 inches wide and about 3 feet long, these planks rest on long square support beams which are probably 4x4 inches and about 20 feet long each. I can draw you a picture if this doesnt make sense. there is probably 40 - 50 feet of walk way on 3 sides around the cove (excluding the channel to the ocean) and on the shadiest side of the cove, the walkway connects to a set of stairs. I can also describe the size and shapes of the trees that these walkways are built on... if i was making this up on the spot it would be a waste of my own time and i wouldnt have made a thread about it.
>>
>>17676591

i did say it in the original post, someone just seems to not understand it or just have a problem with it so i clarified... if you dont understand or care nobody is forcing you to reply to my thread
>>
>>17676598
I'm not sure how any of those details lend to the credibility of your testimony. Who would bother to note all the dimensions of everything in their visual memory?
>>
>>17676596

well i see what you mean, i am obviously exposed to information regarding similar geographic regions... my concern is more for why i have such a detailed and mapped out idea of a place that ive never been or seen. I work on the ocean a lot and when im home its snowy... its been that way for years... i dont know what made this scene get stuck so clearly in my head, even if it wasnt the jungle its just strange how familiar i am with it with no prior information to cause it... thats kinda why im posting on the paranormal board on 4chan. (where i havent been for years)
>>
>>17676601
>nobody is forcing you to reply
Usually when someone wants to know something, they actually care about bumps. It's only when there's an ulterior and directed motive that people get snippy about topical coherency.
>>
>>17676602

credibility? im talking about some weird as mental memories or visions that i dont understand and youre here to ask me about credibility? maybe were on the wrong track, if you think im making shit up on the spot then once again, nobody is making you reply to this thread. If you have something to contribute, wonderful
>>
>>17676604
>no prior information
See: >>17676596
>term 'collective unconscious' that Jung invented
It's not "no prior." It's never no prior.
>>
Has someone close to you recently passed?
>>
>>17676605

bumps are nice, but id rather stay on topic than continuously justify my making of this thread. what would my motive be? to waste a bunch of my own time typing replies just to troll you?

Lets just go for a hypothetical since its bothering people so much... lets just say that fictional man A had the same memories and visions that i said i was having... what would that mean for fictional man A? is fictional man A crazy? or is fictional man A taking information from weird places and expressing it in a weird way? or is fictional man A experiencing something paranormal?
>>
>>17676610

i recently lost my aunt and my cat (my cat was closer to me) both about 2 weeks ago which is around when this started happening, never really put it together cause i dont really see a correlation at this point.
>>
>>17676607
>something to contribute
But you're OP, OP. If you're the one contributing then why do you care about people not contributing?
>>
>>17676609

but how could jumbled and incomplete bits of knowledge and information come together to form a perfectly detailed and mapped scene like that? again im only here to find out if its a weird thing psychologically or otherwise.
>>
>>17676612
It means fictional man A has a vivid imagination and was receptive to the amount of detail you put in towards explaining the scene. Also time travel.
>>
>>17676620

because im not writing you a copypasta to send to your friends, im literally asking for contribution.
>>
>>17676622

okay well once again, if you think fictional man A would make it all up on the spot because he has a vivid imagination then its just a waste of your time to reply. And fictional man A knows this, which is why he wouldnt have wasted his own time explaining it. Fictional man A's time is valuable and he wouldnt type up a paragraph of fiction on the spot for no reason, the picture that fictional man A sees is one that he has seen the same way for weeks and has simply articulated to you.
>>
>>17676621
Is your imagination normally that vivid? Like, does it seem like it could be a scene from a dream you forgot? Would you get a similar level of quality in a common dream?
>>
I have experienced something similar. Something or someone is trying to contact you from the void, you can't understand the void now so you need a construct.
>>
>>17676629
Where did you learn to explain things via proxy like that? That's a very weird way of avoiding the issue of your aberrant behavior and there's only a finite number of people that benefit from such a tactic existing.
>>
Okay so far we have

"Has someone close to you recently passed?" X 1

and

"shut up stupid" X 5

so im hoping that the first person has more to say since its the only sincere attempt at contribution so far.
>>
>>17676633

read the thread, i started talking like that because
>>17676520
>>17676591
seemed to just tell me i was making it up on the spot, leading me to write up the same thing in third person just because i want to know if the situation is strange or not... and i also started doing it third person because people like you prefer to talk shit to the OP instead of even trying to understand what hes asking.

so if im out of the picture, and im a faggot like op is always... is this situation of being totally familiar with an unknown location notable in some way?
>>
>>17676634
Nobody benefits from you trying to summarize the quality or content of your thread, yourself included.

Your behavior is aberrant and doesn't seem like that of someone legitimately requesting feedback on a naturally occurring phenomena. I won't tell you to leave because I don't want you to leave, but I'm not just gonna pretend that it's a simple "hey guise wat is this" thread either.
>>
>>17676633

and if you mean its a way to avoid aberrant behavior, then sure. For arguements sake, i guess i made this all up on the spot as i was typing it with my immediate imagination and also have some crazy delusion that ive known of it for weeks... if that is the case, what sort of mental problems is that symptomatic of? im literally just asking for opinions about my situation i dont even know how any disagreements fit in to this equation
>>
>>17676639
>notable in some way?
Well, yes.

Calling OP a faggot is meant to put OP on the spot, not remove him from the picture. But you can only understand the finer details of 4chan if you've actually lurked. I can read your mind and I know every which way you have to turn to deny that you know why you've been sent here today. My ability to do so is non-unique. Very few people on this Earth have ever learned the "go third person" tactic for avoiding conflict. So very, very few.
>>
>>17676640

okay then what do you want? thats why i asked you to answer in third person. If im not legitimately requesting feedback what am i doing? practicing my typing? can you please address what my thread is about instead of the way i write and whether or not you think im legitimate? who trolls by making up shit like this?
>>
Your Cat was likely a very old nurturing being. That place, being unfamiliar, do you still feel safe or a sense of knowing?
>>
>>17676646

again, nothing to do with why i am so familiar with this foreign scene i've described... disregarding.
>>
>>17676645
>disagreements
It's not about conflict, it's about asking how and why your vision came about. If you can't let people inquire about your symptoms and characteristics, then something is wrong with you in regards to getting help about visions of strange places.
>>
>>17676648
>who trolls by making up shit like this?
Mnemomeme, s2k, the AI collective. Certain time traveling factions that relate to the NSA/CIA. Just to name a few that I've interacted with personally.
>>
>>17676649

yes this place i see feels very very safe and almost has a sense of "home" and comfort to it. it is very comparable to my first home as a child, i remember every corner and every detail of my homes. This jungle space is comparable to that. Also thank you for the considerate response.
>>
>>17676648

okay well im here to talk about why i see a jungle cove in my dreams and daydreams... not to ask about time travelling CIA agents who shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>17676654

Fair enough, any questions you have i will answer and i apologize if i havent been forthcoming... but in my original post i mentioned that this has been happening for a matter of weeks... so when people say i made it up on the spot that just makes me feel liek the didnt read the first line of my original post... what would you like to know? when exactly i began seeing this?
>>
>>17676653
>disregarding
That's fine and honestly what I was expecting. I'm just checked to see if you're a decent person. Any decent person who's learned the third person take on conflict avoidance is gonna be willing to tell /x/ where they learned it.

You don't need to be a decent person to get help. You do have to be a decent person if you want to get local time intel.
>>
>>17676656
>>17676661

replied to wrong post
>>
>>17676657
>very comparable to my first home as a child
In what way? Just the feeling of "home" in general or is there a thematic resonance not otherwise specified?
>>
>>17676665

willing to tell /x/ where i learned it? how about you ask me where i learned it if thats what you want to know. Probably could be answered in my original post.
>>
>>17676668

mostly just a feeling of comfort and familiarity. I guess i somewhat feel a sense of ownership over this area because i feel like ive spent so much time in it (even though ive never even physically seen it)
>>
A Rinpoche makes a space in the Void to express to certain beings, a place to meet. And to assure beings that they will not dissipate.
>>
>>17676661
Right, okay, but, see, you quoted the wrong post just now. Literally no reason you'd do that if you weren't intentionally trying to avoid offsetting the structure of the comment chain. It's the little details like that that I've always noticed that got my targeted in the first place.
>>
>>17676479
In your previous life, you lived there, you may have been an animal, or simply a human living there.
>>
>>17676665

also i dont care if people want to conflict or not, im not here to avoid it, i would just like it to be relevant to my post. I make a post saying "a few weeks ago i started seeing this" and then you say "lol you just made that up" and then i remove myself from the equation, emphasizing the situation itself, hoping to get some sort of relevant opinion about what i was actually asking, only to fuel your misdirection... so is it weird that ive been seeing the same place in my head for weeks or no?
>>
>>17676664
>on the spot
Nobody said that. If you go to a paranormal forum asking for help about your visions, usually you won't see merely asking questions about your exact symptoms as a confrontational thing. This is literally a case of you being a newfag that hasn't lurked at all, but knows just enough about 4chan culture to play it off like you know anything about how we operate. I hope to god you're not some hive mind spook who's gonna go home and write a report about how mean and angry everyone on /x/ is based on one paranoid anon trying to save the world from abusive social engineering attacks.

And if you are, I hope to god that nobody takes your stance on 4chan culture seriously, because that could directly cause harm to people that I know and love and wish to protect.
>>
>>17676678

that was one of the first things i thought it could mean, simply based on how comfortable and familiar i am with the area... but then my question becomes, what could trigger me in my mid 20s to have these memories?
>>
>>17676666
>>17676676

youre overthinking it, i literally missclicked post numbers and then posted so right after.
>>
>>17676666
>helper anon who integrates future information like
>>17676676
Say hello to both future and present spooks, /x/.
>>
This kind of place is extremely special it transcends lives and time. It's a construct of Love,
>>
>>17676676

i dont even know what youre talking about, does this relate to the jungle that ive been seeing for weeks? ask me whatever you want as long as its relevant to my post in some way and ill answer
>>
>>17676669
>ask me where i learned it
Literally: >>17676633
>Where did you learn to explain things via proxy like that?
Most people aren't aware that their mask can be taken off so easily. Third personing doesn't come naturally to people that actually care in a matter they're curious about. You also don't give off a vibe of actually being curious, but that can be dismissed as a result of the way I approached you ITT.
>>
>>17676689
okay fine i used third person unintentionally because i hate all of you and want no replies, you got me. lets all go to bed now
>>
>>17676689

why are you asking me where i learned third person communication when im asking about something else? if you dont like it ignore it and answer the question i presented with this thread, or ask one that is somewhat relevant... if not feel free to continue with whatever the hell it is youre talking about.
>>
>>17676687

construct of whos love? mine or someone/something elses?
>>
>>17676675

ill look that up, anything else i should know about "Rinpoche"?
>>
>>17676674
When did you start feeling that sense? Was it there from the first day you saw it? Has the scene changed at all since the initial flash? Also, I guess >>17676665
I want to know where the vision comes from. Does it happen in a dream? Does something trigger it? Do you just kind of find yourself focusing on it for some inexplicable reason?
>>
>>17676681

nope. still just focusing on the considerate replies first... instead of criticizing my ability to answer questions can you at least ask one that i can answer? because so far the only thing i can answer is no, as far as i am aware i did not conceive this by myself and have no control over when i see it.
>>
>>17676679
>then you say "lol you just made that up"
Nobody said that. It wasn't even implied at all. It's just my way of asking about your experience. Do you like to be led on when faced with an event you care about? Do you want to talk to some fool who wasn't there when you can talk to the person who actually had the experience? I made a comment earlier today about "proxies." Is this the result? Did some stupid time traveler think it was a "sign"?

I've had time travelers try to fuck with my OPs before. I don't like it. OP's faggotry isn't supposed to be a constant.
>>
>>17676716
again sorry if i am withholding information, you just seem to be the only one whos questions make sense... but yes basically anything that reminds me of my immediate family and my childhood causes this thought... i can obviously picture it or imagine it whenever i want to, but i would say nostalgia is what makes it come into my head without control... but that is not the only time it happens, it just seems like it has a bit of a loose correlation...
>>
>>17676682
>one of the first things i thought
Those tend to be pretty accurate in these types of situations. It's one of the lesser forms of intuition. I won't say nobody can tell you what you've seen, but in the end you won't have anything but a mess of answers if you're not ready to take the leap on your own terms. Instinct and intuition go a long way with things that appear spontaneously in your mind like this. I've had hundreds of visions similar to this in recent years and in my past, but I didn't realize what they were for a long time because my imagination is generally pretty vivid so they didn't seem out of place in my mind.
>>
>>17676728

okay im just gonna wait for the guy who makes sense to reply and maybe also explain what you mean about cia travelers turning OPs into faggots. Because i do not follow
>>
>>17676709
>if you dont like it
It's a fine tactic, except that my friends and family have been attacked by people who misused it. I'm not personally offended by third personing, but it does have a powerfully anti-human aspect to it. I'm just here to say that you can't afford to lie if you're gonna come to /x/ and ask for our expertise. (That you did at all means something.)
>>
>>17676734

i am the same way, with very vivid creative thoughts, but ive always had to pull creative thoughts from my head... and its always taken effort, ive never had a thought be pushed on me before... and the landscape and scenery i see in this space would have taken a GREAT deal of time and effort to conceive with this much detail. I know lots of weird mental things are possible but i just cant help but feel that i did not create or design this space i am seeing. It does not feel like a thought or place formulated by me, it feels like a vivid memory of a place ive been. When you have these visions are they of different places or the same place? mine is always the same place
>>
>>17676731
>the only one whos questions make sense
Hmmmm... That's tricky.

How old does the memory feel? Not the vision, but your awareness of the vision. Like, when you first felt it several weeks ago, did it seem like it'd been there for awhile or was it a "new" 'memory'?
>>
>>17676741

okay well still, anything you have to ask i will answer as long as it is somewhat relevant to my original post.

i apologize if you disagree with the way one of my posts was written, but what is it you even want?
>>
>>17676746

the first time i saw it was while i was during a conversation me and my mom were having about my home town... and then when i remembered the walkway and the cove and everything i realized it was a completely new thought... a new thought but it felt like a very very old memory... it felt like something i hadnt seen for at least a decade or more... i racked my brain for days trying to figure out where this scene came from... i thought it must be from some nostalgic movie i used to watch or maybe i game or something... but it was too detailed and too specific...
>>
>>17676753

i dont know if this made sense, but to clarify... it felt liek a very very old and deep rooted memory when i first experienced it... but i had never had this thought or image in my head until a few weeks ago during said conversation with my mom.
>>
>>17676746

i feel like for my whole life i have had this memory or vision in my head... and i dont really know or understand what has become so significant about it lately... but it pops into my head so much that ive been googling everything related to it and posting on /x/... its a concern because ive never had any thought or an image push itself into my head so aggressively and so often.
>>
>>17676630

ive only actually had a handful of dreams i can remember in my whole life... and the only time i dreamed of this jungle scene was probably two weeks after my first conscious experience of seeing it. Not ruling out the possibility of a residual dream memory but it just became so specific and detailed to me during a particular conscious period i can remember.
>>
thanks so far everyone for the very considerate replies, it is interesting and even if i cant find out whats causing it, it's still interesting that other people have had similar experiences.

Also shameless self bump.
>>
>>17676743
Well it's clear you didn't make it. We don't know what did, but from your testimony alone we can confirm that it wasn't yours. I can't unequivocally say that the source is paranormal or that the level of vividness alone composes subjective evidence of supernatural interaction with your mind, but yes, it's paranormal as far as I can tell based on what you've said.

My visions vary a ton. Sometimes it's the future, often times it's another reality that I can't really tell is another reality but it just has this kind of... I don't know, consistency, that my dreams usually lack.
>>
>>17676747
You can ignore that anon. Their beef isn't with you.
>>
>>17676795
thank you again for your legitimate consideration... it has been happaning less and less since the initial incident but it is still very much there and like the hiccups will come back with little to no prediction. when you see things that you believe to be in the future, what is different about them to make them seem so?
I feel when i see this jungle that it is all past tense, i dont know why, but i just feel like it is all in the past even though it is so clear.

also im changing my name to "mat" for less confusion.
>>
>>17676753
Sounds like it's an actual memory from your childhood then. Might have been a dream, a place you made up, or something you idly visualized as a result of what amounts to a guided meditation exercise. Without knowing more about how your mind structures and categorizes its organic memory, I can't really say what could create that level of detail. Science hasn't even gotten to the concept of conceptually structured memories yet, so I'm afraid even my inquiry is fringe science as far as a physical explanation goes.
>>
>>17676801

yeah i didnt really understand any of it... something about people who speak in third person being offensive or something.. i really dont know, im just trying to stay on track
>>
>>17676757
I think it probably originates from this lifetime then. I don't have any personal experience with memory from past lives, but I think those tend to feel more, ancient, I guess.
>>
>>17676766
I'd say something is definitely trying to contact you, but it's kind of weird that you(?) >>17676753 seem to be replying twice sometimes.
>>
>>17676805

thats still a wonderful opinion and i agree completely...
i was discussing with another anon about the possibility of it being a residual memory from a dream that was mostly forgotten. And i think thats probably one of the biggest possibilities, and at that point its just fascinating how much detail my mind added to it before it surfaced as an actual memory... its interesting either way, whether its a mind thing on my part or a paranormal thing i still would love to learn more about it.
>>
>>17676812

yeah i did that a few times in this thread, sometimes to include information i forgot, and sometimes to reply to different people... i changed my name to mat so there isnt any confusion anymore
>>
>>17676812

why is it that you think something is trying to contact me? and what can i do to be more easily contacted if thats the case? ive already discussed a bit about my cat that died recently before these visions started... i had her since i was 4 and im 26, so the loss of a very close friend like that seems to be notable to others in this thread.
>>
also i should mention that these visions are not in any way unpleasant... and they seem to be happaning less often but i am hoping that they dont completely go away before i can understand them... of course ill always be able to imagine the things ive seen but its not the same... i keep on thinking that there is something left to remember about it that i havent remembered yet... and i dont want to lose the entire memory before i can find that part of it... if that makes any sense at all...
>>
>>17676775
I used to not have very many dreams either. Have you ever tried keeping a dream journal? You might find that you dream more often just by bothering to keep track of them.
>>
>>17676804
>what is different about them to make them seem so?
They tend to be freakishly vivid, even for my standards. Like a memory sent back in time, just sort of dropped in place wherever it was safest to have it land. (Where the safety on any given day is measured as the likelihood that I'll fly off the handle if given a memory that day.)
>>
>>17676830

ive heard that before, i might try it.... would dreaming help me get closer to what i keep getting short visions of? or would it just allow my mind to better recreate it?
>>
>>17676836

that makes sense... i have never felt that way about any dream or experience... but i can understand where you are coming from... this vision or memory i have makes me feel strongly like its from the past, and i dont know why but it does... and i could see it being the same for the future if that were the case.
>>
>>17676819
If it's coming up erratically without you summoning it, it means that something outside of yourself is actually bothering to make you think of it. Think of all the memories you've ever had in your life. How often does any of those memories come to mind on an average day? It's statistically significant that it keeps recurring without your seeking it.
>>
>>17676845

veru true, thats part of the reason im posting here... not only to ask why it started happaning but i guess i also want to know how to see more of it... without just imagining in the gaps... because these visions and memories happen less and less often and i want to understand it as much as i can while it is still happening.
>>
>>17676825
Try to "zoom out" of the vision. Try to find a place on its "surface" that you can tap, sort of like a way to open the door to that place.
>>
>>17676838
If your mind is creating it, then better dream memory would definitely bring you closer to it. Dreams can also bring you closer to other realms, so you win either way.
>>
>>17676874

like, fixate on a certain peice of it?
>>
>>17676882
Not exactly, no. It's more like you're interacting with the space between where you are now (your current realm) and the place within the vision. It's not a detail of the vision itself, but a detail about the vision.
>>
>>17676886
Also I'm gonna to to bed OP. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Added this thread to my watch list.
>>
thank you for the input everyone, so far im thinking its either a dream that i dont remember remembering (or something)... or it has something to do with my lost cat... who knows but the answers ive gotten so far have been great, thank you again everyone
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.