[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/X/ Paranormal Comic Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94
File: 13aa.jpg (119 KB, 812x1252) Image search: [Google]
13aa.jpg
119 KB, 812x1252
>Thread Theme
What's your favorite /x/ related thing?
The End of Part One and Introduction to Part Two

>what the hell is this?
This is a comic I've started that is based around the supernatural, paranormal, and lore of /x/.From creepy pasta to urban legend, I plan on this series including many different genres pertaining to the supernatural. There are many different sources for the content and I appreciate collaborations and /x/ user participation.
>Where can I get more?
The pages are always posted here but they are also archived here.
>exit-the-abyss.tumblr.com
and in the future on a blogspot.
>How can I get involved?
Posting images and stories you like in the threads if you want to see something incorporated into the series, an dif you want more than a reference and instead want a collaboration you can talk to me in the threads where I constantly lurk,the QnA page
http://question-the-abyss.tumblr.com/
or you can shoot me an email

>Last Thread: https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17577540/#17577540
>Old Thread: https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17461226/
>Original Thread: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17256782/#17256782
>Comic: http://question-the-abyss.tumblr.com/
>>
File: 13a.jpg (87 KB, 812x1252) Image search: [Google]
13a.jpg
87 KB, 812x1252
>Sorry about the long break, I had to catch up on a lot of pages and then my scanner was being stupid yesterday.
>X is forced out of the engine room, and returns to the car she assumes is hers.
>>
File: 13b.jpg (114 KB, 1117x1181) Image search: [Google]
13b.jpg
114 KB, 1117x1181
>>17675535
>>
File: 13c.jpg (134 KB, 1453x1202) Image search: [Google]
13c.jpg
134 KB, 1453x1202
>>17675539
>X:This first creature seems is slightly unnerving, but seems like a novelty.
>>
File: 13d.jpg (110 KB, 1377x1065) Image search: [Google]
13d.jpg
110 KB, 1377x1065
>>17675562
>>
File: 13e.jpg (202 KB, 1377x1408) Image search: [Google]
13e.jpg
202 KB, 1377x1408
>>17675584
>>
File: 13ff.gif (111 KB, 529x690) Image search: [Google]
13ff.gif
111 KB, 529x690
>>17675604
>>
File: 13f.jpg (269 KB, 1645x2106) Image search: [Google]
13f.jpg
269 KB, 1645x2106
>X:This rat-like creature appears to be innocent and docile. These traits come off as more of a burden to the creature than anything.
>>
File: 13g.jpg (188 KB, 1498x1338) Image search: [Google]
13g.jpg
188 KB, 1498x1338
>>17675680
>>
File: 13h.jpg (63 KB, 913x697) Image search: [Google]
13h.jpg
63 KB, 913x697
>>17675688
An entity with a polite demeanor. It appears to have the desire to protect. Most likely at its own expense and with 'little' reward. similar to a golem, but this appears to be fueled by emotions like passion.
>>
>>17675711
>X:This appears to be a more instinctual creature. Hesitant and child-like.
>>
File: 13j.jpg (162 KB, 1665x1025) Image search: [Google]
13j.jpg
162 KB, 1665x1025
>>17675734
>X:Much like a child or flame. Innocent and warm, but when left alone it can stir up it's own trouble.
>>
File: 13i.jpg (124 KB, 1665x959) Image search: [Google]
13i.jpg
124 KB, 1665x959
>>17675750
Posted them out of order again.
>>
File: 13k.jpg (114 KB, 1528x980) Image search: [Google]
13k.jpg
114 KB, 1528x980
>>17675754
>>
File: 13l.jpg (174 KB, 1438x1384) Image search: [Google]
13l.jpg
174 KB, 1438x1384
>>17675776
>I'll have some more converted soon. The pages are done, they just need to be pixelized. I'm proud to admit that artwork has improved in comparison to previous chapters, but I'm still not doing as good as I could or should. I'm going to take a test and a shower. I don't think I'll contribute anymore for tonight, but thanks for stickin with me folks.
>>
>>17675788

Glad to have you back in the land of the (not so) living, OP! We appreciate the work you're putting into this project. As I've said before, this is future /x/ sticky material. Nice shadows on the recent drawings, btw.
>>
Good thing that I just happened to sit down. Despite the flaws, the shading turned out better than expected. I can't wait to get the second arc started! Very soon indeed! One of your stories will be the first thing i put into it. The hardest part will be choosing which one to go first. Thanks for the support and extra thanks for keeping things going in the background while I've been busy.
>>
>Random Question:Does the captcha mess up for anyone else when it asks for rivers or street signs? I've noticed that it always acts up on those two without fail.
>>
>Heading out for the night. Catch you all later.
>>
>>17675868
>>17675954

I've noticed the captcha problem with rivers, but not with signs.

And it's cool to see someone steadily improving their style like this. I don't mind the wait for the stories, actually, gives me
something to look for, haha! If you need help with anything else, just let us know. /x/ can be a force for awesome stuff when anons organize themselves.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, where'd you get the idea to pixelize the art? It's a curious choice for horror comics, but it really works.
>>
File: dipp.png (116 KB, 2958x1360) Image search: [Google]
dipp.png
116 KB, 2958x1360
>>17676089
Thanks. Aside from using it to make things easier to fix and cut corners, the pixelation effect was just a stylistic choice. The series was originally just going to be single images and strips, that would be very limited on text and story. Originally the series would've been done as just simple pencil drawings. Because of the lack of detail and depth that I would give my drawings, (way back when the series was first being drafted) I figured I should add something extra to make it stand out, but to also compensate for the lack of detail in my work. While trying to figure out what I would do to make the art stand out, I came across an artist that goes by the name unomoralez. His artwork is amazing and is impactful on its own, but there's something about the way he does his work through pixel art, that adds to the vibe. You should really check out his stuff, it's amazing. Well, I figured I could try it out that and see how it goes. Despite the results being very flawed, I did like some of the appearance, so i decided to stick with it. I had mentioned before that I had planned on abandoning the pixelation thing, or at least saving it for the alternate version of the comic. I had planned on changing the color scheme, and art style with each arc if I could. But, that might be a bit of a hassle.
>This was one of my first attempts with the pixelation thing.
>>
>>17676134

Ha! It does give your art a unique twist. But holy shit, I'd never heard of Moralez. Found a few new wallpapers googling him. Freaky stuff.

The cool thing about digital art is that you can choose to convert to and from pixels at any time, so it's good that you're still thinking about 'post-production'.

Also a big fan of Gravity Falls, btw. I've only seen the first season, though.

Anyway, g'night Pixel. We'll be here in the mornin'!
>>
Well, finally. I was just thinking of making a thread to summon you back.
>>
i don't understand what i'm supposed to seeing here? this "comic" sucks and it certainly isn't helped by the pixelation effect.

maybe you should forget about gimmicks for the moment and work on concept development, storyboarding, and drawing.
>>
>>17677135
Maybe you should read the previous threads instead of being retarded. This is the rough stuff, it isn't finished yet.
>>
>>17677750
maybe the OP shouldn't post until the "comic" is finished and can be posted in one thread and properly evaluated.
>>
>>17677772
Maybe you should go find a different thread more suited to your interests.

We are giving feedback on the story and suggesting art tips. It's a work in progress. I'm sorry not everything is neat and perfect and shrinkwrapped in a bright little package for you.
>>
>>17677876
>We are giving feedback on the story and suggesting art tips.

that's exactly what i did also:

>>17677772
>>17677135
>>
>>17677914
You also said it "sucks" and OP shouldn't post it. So which is it?
>>
>>17677918
yes. in my opinion it sucks. it sucks a lot. i know that once you read that you weren't able to read any of the other constructive comments i made. i guess you were just to rump roasted by my initial remark, right?
>>
>>17677941
You didn't actually make any constructive comments whatsoever. And now you're using a "u mad" to try to brush it off. You can leave now, you won't be missed.
>>
>>17677944

hey, dumbass.

in the real world where you're not a special snowflake and every turd you squeeze out isn't a masterpiece, the following comments are considered reasonable, constructive criticism:

1. maybe you should forget about gimmicks for the moment and work on concept development, storyboarding, and drawing.

2. maybe the OP shouldn't post until the "comic" is finished and can be posted in one thread and properly evaluated.
>>
>>17677961
Not sure what dictionary you're using, but that still isn't constructive criticism. It's more like a suggestion based on your preferences. And the only snowflake here is you, trying to dictate what should and should not be posted on /x/. No one ever claimed this comic was a masterpiece, but since you clearly hate everything about it and can't be arsed to give actual feedback on the story or art itself beyond "it sucks", you can do us all a favor and hide the thread, moving on to something that interests you more. Everyone wins and we can end this pointless discussion.
>>
>>17678000
you're really stuck on that "sucks" comment aren't you?

my comments were indeed constructive and any objective person will clearly see that, whether they agree with my assessment or not.

>you can do us all a favor and hide the thread, moving on to something that interests you more. Everyone wins and we can end this pointless discussion.

looks like you're making "suggestions based on your preferences", mate.

in fact, i am very interested in this thread and plan on following it and making comments in it until it reaches bump limit or 404s. thanks.
>>
File: Dino.jpg (37 KB, 359x281) Image search: [Google]
Dino.jpg
37 KB, 359x281
>>17678021
Whatever, then. Just don't be an ass when Pixel gets back.
>>
File: 158.jpg (13 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
158.jpg
13 KB, 300x100
>>17678041
>>
First off, I'd like to thank everybody for the bumps, criticisms, commentary, and discussion.
>>17677961
>Shit I typed a response and then erased it on accident, so here's the abridged version:
Your criticisms on gimmicks are valid. I should definitely stray away from gimmicks and focus on concept.
The pixelization was a means to an end. My schedule is to busy for me to put as much effort into drawing as I'd like, so it's mainly a way to cut corners, and put out material faster.
I've stated many times, I will drop the 'process' after this arc, and that it was only a temporary aid.
The base of your opinions are valid, but keep in mind that I've BEEN working on improving the overall quality of the content,and announced from the start the purpose of the pixelization. To be honest I've never really loved the process and I even mentioned disliking it way back in one of the first post.
>>17678041
Thanks for keepin the thread going, and thanks for your dedication/interest. I really appreciate the fact that there's someone who has been keeping up with what I've been doing.

>Glad to see people passionate about my work. My sister has her first chorus solo today so, I'll try to be back later. Before I have to leave, there's a possibility of me dropping a few pages, but that may be a little difficult. Keep your hopes up and your eyes open.
>>
I've returned and I plan on putting some of the pages on the site. Very low chance of me adding anything here tonight.
>>
Updated the site, with some small grammatical/detail details. I think I'm gonna ass out in a minute so good night if i don't see you all again.
>>
>>17679061
What site are you talking about?
>>
>>17679095
I should probably call it the blog. The tumblr. Beware of errors, I'm extremely drowsy right now.
>>
>>17679104
Do you care to give a link to your blog?
>>
File: 13ll.gif (85 KB, 528x507) Image search: [Google]
13ll.gif
85 KB, 528x507
>>17679108
http://exit-the-abyss.tumblr.com/
Here's the site if you don't mind the format. The site will usually have some errors from the threads fixed and more detail depending on the situation.
>>
>Speaking of the site, I just remembered at some point I need to update the music playlist. If anyone knows of some spooky music feel free to drop a suggestion.
>>
>>17679128
Ravenous and It Follows movie soundtracks, great to read horror stuff with this in the background
>>
File: 1458327335044.png (9 KB, 1160x387) Image search: [Google]
1458327335044.png
9 KB, 1160x387
>>
>>17679639
Cool I'll give those a look when I get a chance. I also add some of the soundtrack to the site also. I've got some more pages done. I should have one more section to do and then on to part two. I know I've been talking about part two for the longest, but after this tight scheduling that I've got going on, I'll be free to work on this at my leisure.
>>
>>17681408
Gettin ready to drop a load
>>
File: 13m.jpg (145 KB, 1609x798) Image search: [Google]
13m.jpg
145 KB, 1609x798
>>
File: 13n.jpg (80 KB, 1208x824) Image search: [Google]
13n.jpg
80 KB, 1208x824
>>17682224
>X:Strange. This doesn't appear to be an apparition or monster.
>>
File: 13o.jpg (122 KB, 1325x1007) Image search: [Google]
13o.jpg
122 KB, 1325x1007
>>17682242
I can see the truth in everything. I see everything.
>>
File: 13o.gif (59 KB, 861x655) Image search: [Google]
13o.gif
59 KB, 861x655
>X:This doesn't seem worthy of the archive, but I'll add it anyway. It appears to be immune to the world of the supernatural. Immune or ignorant? They can go hand in hand.
"I see danger following you. Darkness is always coming your way."
>>
File: 13p.jpg (84 KB, 1337x1096) Image search: [Google]
13p.jpg
84 KB, 1337x1096
"LOL made ya look... oh shit nevermind..."
>>
File: 13q.jpg (120 KB, 1639x1207) Image search: [Google]
13q.jpg
120 KB, 1639x1207
>>17682270
>>
I've got more but I've got some work to do, so I'll add those when I get another chance.
>/Fit/ bro will be returning as stated before. I had planned on making him a manlet just to add more humor to the situation.
>>
>>17682296
Him and X need a buddy cop spin-off where they deal with paranormal shit that usually ends up being punched in the face, and the stories always end with that 'oh, you' trope.

Never noticed you had Stairway to Heaven on the tumblr playlist, btw, that's pretty rad.
>>
>>17682338
Thanks. Some of the songs aren't exactly /x/ based. Some are just songs I was listening to/currently listen to while working on a part. Most of the non-/x/ related 'songs are just really atmospheric or nostalgic to me, and for some reason I associate that with spooky stuff. I don't why it relates to fear in my mind, but stuff like that , I've always associated with it. Maybe it's just because some of those songs I listen to before I sleep or late at night.
>The buddy cop spin off seems like a great idea. For one of the upcoming arcs (the folklore/urban legend one) includes an older adventurer as X's sidekick and guide through the paranormal. The idea of sidekicks has always been an idea I've considered, but never really developed outside of the urban legend arc, so that seems great. Actually what's pretty interesting is that I decided to do an SCP like arc and /Fit/bro could totally fit in there. /Fit/bro can fight the creatures and subdue them and X could record the information on them. I fuckin love this idea so much now.
>>
Well that's all for tonight folks. See ya later.
>>
>>17682258
Is that the Ghost Puncher? Don't forget to add detail to his tank top and get the backwards hat in there too. He needs to be seen in all his gymrat glory.

>>17682405
I have to say I'm not on board with this idea at all unless it's just for a short arc. Having a bunch of sidekicks would make it feel too much like a superhero comic. And as much as I love Ghost Puncher, he would quickly become stale and overused if he stuck around for too long, and he deserves better.
>>
>>17682258
Hah, I also just noticed this was animated, nice. I usually have animated images turned off by default.
>>
this isnt even paranormal
>>
>>17685467
You are correct. The first arc wasn't added until the last minute and doesn't really feature a lot of supernatural elements. The next arc and the others are all paranormal/supernatural/abnormal. I just didn't really wanna just drop a whole world of story without a light introduction to help a person determine whether or not they would actual be interested in my style of writing or art.
>>17683490
The protag doesn't really receive a lot of screen time aside from character interactions and when continuity or something needs to be set. X shows up in the background of some stories and works as a narrator for others. Her presence isn't very heavy. So if I were to follow through with the 'sidekick' things for those two parts, they would appear even less than X so it wouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>Upload the new pages. Swing on over to see them. Also some textual improvements.
>>
>>17685520
>>17685467

I beg to differ, this is quite paranormal, plus it stars /x/'s mascot, so what's not to like?

Also, I like to think that every shitty horror movie in existence would suddenly be entertaining with Ghost-Puncher as the protagonist.
>>
>>17685559
I see what you mean. I just feel like the stories from the first part are pretty grounded in comparison for whats to come. That and only a few of the stories from part one actually feature anything supernatural. Then again their is literally a skeleton operating a ghost train in the first arc.
>>17685537
>If i ever use the term "textual improvement" it actually means more fluff.
>>17685467
I'd personally prefer if you were a little bit more descriptive in you complaints/criticisms. The point of criticism is to open a door to improvement. So instead of just dropping a statement, would you mind actually adding depth to your observation.
>>
>>17675522
Hi pixel
>>
>>17685621
Howdy anon.
>>
>>17685645
Get on skype, you know who we are
>>
>>17685660
>grow up
>Is posting on a paranormal discussion board
>>
>>17685621
I didn't realize how often I use 'Howdy' as a greeting. I don't know why, I just do. I guess because it's less formal and more familiar than Hey or Hello.
Oh shit. Sorry that I haven't visited in a while, schedule has been busy, and I've dedicated like all of my spare time to the comic and school, so now would be a good time for me to return to home base.
>>17685660
What is the nature of your post? What action or choice are you specifically referring to that lacks maturity?
>>
>>17685678
I'm pretty sure everyone here needs to grow up a bit. We all spend hours on end on a image board discussing spooky ghost and succubus. Also
>point out something
>forming vague opinions and communicate no actual criticism
I feel like you might need to grow up a bit yourself.
>>
Be back later. Gonna read some Junji in the manga thread.
>>17678255
>>17678762
>>
>>17685711
Ya still need to learn to ignore obvious trolls, OP. That one wasn't even trying.
>>
>>17686901
>Had a terrible day, but was able to get some inking done. My sisters are also back in town so work is gonna be kinda hard to do. Not impossible, just hard. Things'll get easier soon and my schedule will be open.
>>
>>17689302
We understand.
>>
File: 13zz.jpg (232 KB, 1418x1959) Image search: [Google]
13zz.jpg
232 KB, 1418x1959
>Last minute redesign of Mr.Bones' Behelit form. Giotta help my parents with something today, and then might hang with some friends. There's a possibility of me doing some pages, but It will be late night if I do.
>>
>>17691195
So it's an alternate form, not his typical form?
>>
File: 1412703678740.png (39 KB, 163x205) Image search: [Google]
1412703678740.png
39 KB, 163x205
>>
>>17691207
For now its just a costume that he's wearing. Mr.Bones is a trickster and a conman, so in his occasional appearances he's often wearing a disguise of some sort. In this case he's meeting an old friend and needs it to keep up a certain appearance.
>>
>>17692244
All right, sounds good.
>>
Update later today.; sorry about the slowness.
>>
>>17695525
No worries.
>>
File: 13r.jpg (102 KB, 643x1376) Image search: [Google]
13r.jpg
102 KB, 643x1376
>>
File: 13s.jpg (108 KB, 1670x1025) Image search: [Google]
13s.jpg
108 KB, 1670x1025
>>17696821
>X:Current apparition is... um...the creature that has appeared...
>>
File: 13t.jpg (115 KB, 1226x904) Image search: [Google]
13t.jpg
115 KB, 1226x904
>>17696833
>X:is absolutely spookifying!
>>
File: 13u.jpg (117 KB, 1327x1045) Image search: [Google]
13u.jpg
117 KB, 1327x1045
>>17696878
>>
it would be cool to see your drawings without the pixel gimmick.
>>
File: 13v.jpg (109 KB, 969x1172) Image search: [Google]
13v.jpg
109 KB, 969x1172
>>17696917
>X:So Behelit was serious. I guess the camera really captures the moment. *(I'll probably keep the pun in the final version, mainly because it's so cheesy.)
>>
>>17696921
I posted the sketches in the last thread, but I don't think I posted the inked roughs in the last one. I usually do. Once, I drop the gimmick next arc, I'll improve the quality of my art, mainly because I won't be able to cheat and do shortcuts. It would be kinda screwed for me to leave you all with the mediocre quality of the rough draft art. That and I actually prefer the plain inked version, I just have to be more careful about making mistakes and last minute decisions.
Here's the thread if you want it. https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17577540/
Also, i guess I'll start posting the inks to keep threads bumpin.
>>
File: 13w.jpg (70 KB, 663x963) Image search: [Google]
13w.jpg
70 KB, 663x963
>X:A violent and menacing demon. It is short tempered and moves quickly. Not the greatest combination for anyone that pisses it off.
>>
File: 13ww.gif (68 KB, 415x622) Image search: [Google]
13ww.gif
68 KB, 415x622
>>17696963
>X:In conclusion the monster has a precise unforgiving nature. Take into account the scars on the creature.Is it possible that this predator was once prey?
>>
File: 13x.jpg (125 KB, 1589x823) Image search: [Google]
13x.jpg
125 KB, 1589x823
>>17696973
>X:Okay, I'm officially freaked out. I don't understand what's going on and or where everyone went. I don't think these beast got to them...wait...
>>
File: 13xx.gif (127 KB, 1052x538) Image search: [Google]
13xx.gif
127 KB, 1052x538
>>17696982
>X finally realizes the true consequences of her predicament. X now understands her situation and hurries to the engine room to once again question Mr. Bones.
*i was gonna have a'360 and moonwalk out of there' joke here, nut didn't want to force it. I think I'll make this chapter a bit more comedic to help the pun and 60 more fitting.
>>
File: 13y.jpg (64 KB, 520x934) Image search: [Google]
13y.jpg
64 KB, 520x934
>>17696995
>>17696995
*Then again, the final version will probably have differing dialogue/text length changes as necessary.
>>
I'll try to update the site tomorrow with updates.
>>
That's all for tonight, folks. Catch you on the flipside.
>>
>>17697177
'night, pixel.

For what it's worth, I lol'd at the 360° gag. Nothing wrong with comedic elements to break up the tension.
>>
>>17696995
>*i was gonna have a'360 and moonwalk out of there' joke here, nut didn't want to force it.

Puns and humor are good, but yeah, don't fill this full of memes or it will look dumb and newfag-ish.
>>
bamp
>>
>>17696821
So which creature is this supposed to be?
>>
One more for the road
>>
>>17701806
Well, all the monsters on the train are original ideas. I didn't come up with /fit/bro or 'white knight', but the designs and stories in the comic I did.
>>
>>17703143
Thanks by the way. I'm gonna update the site today, and I plan on dropping a few pages soon.
>>
>>17703150
Sounds good.
>>
Sorry my schedule is in the death throws of being busy.
>>
Basically I've been busy 18th finals and shit. I've also been hanging with My friends recently. Long story short I've been syperbusy. .baby I'll return 29th content So ion. Than I you all.
>>
File: doc ocktiluiz.png (80 KB, 994x1544) Image search: [Google]
doc ocktiluiz.png
80 KB, 994x1544
>>17707875
I hope that's really you and not a shapeshifting robot making an excuse for your mysterious disappearance, Pixel.

All jokes aside, not a problem, dude. You need a chance to catch up on other things as well. Should we keep bumping this thread or just wait for you to do another one?

Pic unrelated, people just tend to pay attention more when there's an image.
>>
>>17708308
Sorry I basically fell asleep like five secodsn after typing that. In gonna try and drop some pages soon.
>>
>>17709392
>Almost done with the last set of pages. Gonna post the rough text and pages when I return.
>>
>>17707875
>>17709392

It's fine, rest and do whatever else you need to do. Don't overwork yourself just for us.
>>
>Here comes some content!!!!!!!!!
>>
Blog has been updated with more dialogue in the last chapter. Swing on by for a slightly improved version, and prepare for the last few pages of this Arc.
>>
File: checkdisout.png (84 KB, 1386x1443) Image search: [Google]
checkdisout.png
84 KB, 1386x1443
testing
>>
File: checkdisout2.png (23 KB, 1386x1443) Image search: [Google]
checkdisout2.png
23 KB, 1386x1443
>>17710856
testing2
>>
File: checkdisout3.png (16 KB, 856x1440) Image search: [Google]
checkdisout3.png
16 KB, 856x1440
>>17710866
>>
File: checkdisout2.png (18 KB, 856x1440) Image search: [Google]
checkdisout2.png
18 KB, 856x1440
>>17710877
Here comes the new pages
>>
File: 13zaa.gif (126 KB, 538x625) Image search: [Google]
13zaa.gif
126 KB, 538x625
>>
File: 13zaaa.gif (170 KB, 537x622) Image search: [Google]
13zaaa.gif
170 KB, 537x622
>>17710984
>>
File: 13z.jpg (391 KB, 1655x2161) Image search: [Google]
13z.jpg
391 KB, 1655x2161
>>17710995
>X rushes back to the engine room. She has encountered real monsters and now understands how crazy her current situation is.
>>
File: 13za.jpg (388 KB, 1634x1909) Image search: [Google]
13za.jpg
388 KB, 1634x1909
>>17711021
>X is now face to face with the most disturbing realization yet.
>>
File: 13zb.jpg (488 KB, 1685x2146) Image search: [Google]
13zb.jpg
488 KB, 1685x2146
>>17711033
Mr.Bones:Whoa kid, take it easy... what's achin ya? Oh. Yeh, these here animal skulls give me the hebebie jeebies.
X:Why are you wearing an animal skull?
Mr.Bones:I was justy playin a joke on an old pal. I've got this runnin gag where I act like I'm influencin of some folks and... you probablly wouldn't find it very funny.
>>
File: 13zbb.jpg (162 KB, 923x1146) Image search: [Google]
13zbb.jpg
162 KB, 923x1146
>>17711078
X:Why do you need to dress with an Ox skull if your'e already a skeleton?
Mr:Bones: Whaddya mea-Oh shit...my wife us ginna kill me.
>>
File: 13zc.jpg (228 KB, 1534x1697) Image search: [Google]
13zc.jpg
228 KB, 1534x1697
>>17711108
Mr.Bones:Well, it looks like your on board.
X:I haven't said I wanted the job yet.
Mr.Bones:Well, you haven't gotten off of the train either, have ya?
X:Wait so I can leave?
Mr.Bones:Ha...no, I was just pullin ya leg. But,I was watchin you back yonder, and you're pretty good. Kid, you're a natural at what your doin. with your talent, your'e goin places. Well, if you don't accept the offer you ain't goin nowhere.
X:...
I've got places to be...and you do too, but only if ya accept...
>>
File: 13zd.jpg (254 KB, 1619x1995) Image search: [Google]
13zd.jpg
254 KB, 1619x1995
>>17711170
>>17711170
Mr.Bones: I can't make ya do anything ya don't want to do. I can't influence ya, well I can give ya thoughts, ideas, suggestions, but I can't make ya choose. But, I can promise you, that whatever is out there has more opportunity, than what's in here.
X:What's gonna happen to the others?
Mr.Bones:Well, it seems that everything that will happen to those folk, has already happened. Tis the end of the line, and I figure ain't none of em gettin off this ride anytime soon. But, what about you? You gonna reap this harvest, or you gonna sleep through a winter that don't end?
>>
File: 13ze.jpg (124 KB, 1182x1398) Image search: [Google]
13ze.jpg
124 KB, 1182x1398
>>17711277
Mr.Bones:Well, don't forget in life you only get one shot. In the afterlife you get two. Or is it none?
Mr.Bones:See what I did with the joke there. Like a camera snapshot, and the two ere on the door. And you know we're all dead as dirt and...
Mr.Bones...Well, I'm gonna clock out. seems like the work days done, and I've gotta go?
X:Where are you going?
Mr.Bones:Moonlight dancing. You ever try it before? All the best dancers move in the pale of the night.
>>
>>17711355
blegh
>>
>>17711355
This was an awesome update, Pixel, even the writing is pretty cool.
>>
File: bleghhh.jpg (158 KB, 1165x636) Image search: [Google]
bleghhh.jpg
158 KB, 1165x636
>>17711355
>>17711437
>well, that's the ending for the most part. There's like two or three panels to create the full transition into the next arc, but I'm gonna do like I have recently and post here first and then a cleaned up version to the blog.
>all that happens next is X acknoledging how weird/eeccentric Mr.Bones is and accepting the deal. At one point I considered having the door, be made of bones and have the door knob be a skeleton hand to be the handshake that seals the deal.
>Also the joke about Mr.Bones not knowing he was a skeleton was a throwaway gag, that I put in at the last second. The funny part was that I was a joke that was going to be used for another project that didn't happen.On /co/ there was this group project called "Skeleton in the Big City" that I contributed a decent amount of art to and some jokes too. I'm kind sad that it didn't pick up, but I was able to come up with some decent skeleton jokes, which is something that is always good tyo have .
>BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: Instead of hogging the thread to myself, I've been considering making this an /x/ OC content thread. I've got a few friends and /x/philes that have /x/ related content that they would like to contribute to /x/ and I figured why not keep it all in one place. It would help keep the thread active and keep it from being on page 7 all the time. It would also be a relief knowing that 1.I'm not the only one making OC 2.that the thread will be here in the morning. I also really like community/teamwork based stuff. So I'll give it a shot next thread.
>Part two is well on the way, and I plan on introducing it with X entering the Hotel, and then some 2 sentence horror. Then a look at the hotel, and the second arc will alternate between 'interviews' with hotel patrons which will be the longer parts of the arc. The shorter parts will be X is archiving' which will be two-second horror and X investigating rooms for all kinds of supernatural occurrences.
>>
Please pardon the gramattical errors. I usually don't realize how bad it Is when I'm rushing but as soon as I go back through a thread I realize that sometimes my stuff looks like it been written by a 12 year old. I'll try to be better about that. Its just that I'm at risk of being snatched up at any second to do chores.well I believe that'll be all for tonight. Catch you all later.
>>
>>17711449
I'd love to see a full version of Skeleton in the Big City lol

The OC thing sounds great, and good luck on the next arc. Most /x/ projects would have fizzled out by now, so kudos to you, Pixel. I think there are a lot of lurkers here that appreciate your work as well.

I'll see if I can contribute here with some of my own stuff, but I don't exactly make 'high art' lol.
>>
>>17675522
>links to tumblr

I don't even give a full if your shit is any good, but what a cancerous move linking to this hipster site.

Fuck you.

>inb4 u mad, edgy, other newfagging shit
>>
>>17712233
From what I can remember of the premise, the skeleton was a pretty laid back skeleton guy trying to survive in a world of regular humans. The funniest thing about the situation was the fact the he sold life insurance. One of the running jokes was that sometimes he would forget he's a skeleton. For example he'd to to have sex with his human wife and despite him having a 'boner' he didn't actually have a penis. Upon relizong that he would shout to the heavens in his bathrobe. It was a great idea and I loved the cuter light hearted aspects of the series like the interactions 38th his daughter or his snappy spider sidekick/coworker/roomie.
>if you want to post anything of yours feel free to. Forget high quality art, I'm content with high quality comedy. Btw I appreciate the Spiderman 2 qoute in that pic.
>>
>>17712269
Fuck off, shitbag.
>>
>>17712318
>>17712269
Thanks for the kind words of wisdom and inspiration. You also reminded me that after the first arc I would finally get around to making a blog spot. I'm now considering posting to Reddit and the Mary Sue. Trying to have a variety of venues.
>>
Wow, thanks for the content dump, OP, things are getting interesting.

>>17711108
The way I interpreted this is that it would be seen as sort of a fashion no-no among skeletons to wear the bones of other creatures. Kind of akin to rich snooty women wearing fur.

>Mr.Bones:Moonlight dancing. You ever try it before? All the best dancers move in the pale of the night.

iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

>>17711449
Not entirely sure how I feel about other people taking over the threads. Yes, it might dust this place off, but I don't know. Maybe as a temporary measure it would work. OC is always good.
>>
File: NO.gif (186 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
NO.gif
186 KB, 200x200
>>17713143
>I'm now considering posting to Reddit

I hope you're just trolling that other assclown. I didn't say anything about tumblr other than I hate the way it's set up and makes my browser lag, but for the love of Cthulu, keep this thing off reddit.
>>
>>17713154
I was being an ass. Reddit has an even Whittier layout than tumblr clunky shit. And the Mary Sue is literally everything wrong with Reddit and tumblr rolled into one.
>>
>>17713462
*shittier
>>17713152
I figured that id
>>
>>17713152
I figured I'd experiment with the OC thread thing for one thread and if it goes to shit or gets derailed I'd drop the idea. I've already talked to a couple of /x/philes about it and I figured things would be pretty solid, but you never know. So I'll try to be careful and if it doesn't work out I'll drop it.
>>
Posting from mobile sucks btw. If I go through with the OC threads I'll still be making the threads and watchin over them. I imagine the comic will still take the lead in the thread seeing as it's more developed in comparison to other stuff.
>>
>>17713472
Okay then, we can try it and see.

>>17713482
>Posting from mobile sucks btw.

Yes it does.

Well, thanks for the updates, OP, your style is improving and things are getting interesting.
>>
>>17713570
Thanks. I'll try to improve the art when I start the second arc. My stuff is pretty sloppy when I rush, but the work schedule/pace for the next arc should be easier to work with. The art will definitely be better once I get the next arc started.
>>
File: magnoptiluiz.png (46 KB, 772x1284) Image search: [Google]
magnoptiluiz.png
46 KB, 772x1284
>>17712281
>I'm REALLY glad to hear that someone understood the reference, SM2 is the best one in my book.

And I actually like light-hearted /x/ related things. Not everything needs to be depressing and gore-y, there's a place for both, after all.

I might as well link to my own blog, then. For those that don't know, I'm rebooting our comics and taking control over the entire thing, as I used to only make the scripts and have a friend draw them. It's nothing fancy like Pixel's stuff, but I guess you could get a chuckle out of it every now and then, and it is /x/ related most of the time. I'm doing Super-Villain themed promo images at the moment, also. Please excuse the name, we came up with it when my friend and I were 15, and haven't had the heart to change it.

Epic Club Blog . Blogspot . com (remove the spaces, of course)
>>
>>17713887
>Please excuse the name, we came up with it when my friend and I were 15, and haven't had the heart to change it.
>"Master of Meme-tism"

So did you just turn 16 or 17?
>>
womp
>>
File: 575733ip3sKNl3 (1).gif (30 KB, 204x167) Image search: [Google]
575733ip3sKNl3 (1).gif
30 KB, 204x167
>>17714394

Well excuse me if I like to make silly drawings after I get home from a long day of both work and college, anon. At least I do something (barely) productive with my time.

But like I said, it's just a promo thing. I was 15 in 2009, by the way.
>>
>>17714712
Just saying all this "meme magic" junk really didn't take off until the last 2-3 years or so.
>>
>>17714895
Fair enough. Maybe I've finally become Steve Buscemi trying to fit in with the kids. *Shivers*

Most of my actual writing doesn't have this kind of stuff, though. Horror author born and raised, over here.

Also, bump, I guess.
>>
>>17715085
Never read any of your stuff.
>>
File: Pensativo.png (28 KB, 754x736) Image search: [Google]
Pensativo.png
28 KB, 754x736
>>17715921

If you want to, here's some of my published stuff (remove the spaces, of course)

https:// saturdaynightreader.com /wp/an-innocent-rite/

https:// saturdaynightreader.com/ wp/neighbourhood-watch/

It's rather cheesy at times, to be honest, and a bit too 'lovecraft' for its own good, but there are a few more in the same web-magazine and some others. I also do horror movie reviews on Bloody Disgusting.

At the moment I'm just working on those silly webcomics, editing a new horror story (longest one I've written so far) and planning a creepy animated short film. Oh, and I might write some more stuff for Pixel in the future. It's kind of my way of 'giving back' to /x/ after all these years.
>>
I've got to write a speech and do some other stuff, but I'm gonna try to keep contributing on the regular.
>>
I've also been checking in on the Angler Killer thread stuff. Looks pretty interesting.
>>17717003
>>
>>17710979
That fucking skeleton
>>
>>17719465
Now that I think about it, I've got a lot of content to work with.
>>
File: this dogx1.jpg (159 KB, 1402x1318) Image search: [Google]
this dogx1.jpg
159 KB, 1402x1318
>>17719465
>>
>>17720080
"Every day. Every single day. This little monster just sits there and gives me this strange look on it's face."
I only had about 15 minutes to do this. Basically aside from 2 sentence horror the other shorter segments of part two will be cheesy stuff that X encounters in the hotel. Usually a couple panels at most. I'll try to show you all more rough drafts like this to keep things going until I can do the actual pages.
>>
>>17720080
das kawaii, yo
>>
>>17720134
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>17720134
>>17720995
Shit. I'm just now realising i forgot the follow up picture. When i get to a computer I'll add it.
>>
File: this dogx2.jpg (161 KB, 1261x1267) Image search: [Google]
this dogx2.jpg
161 KB, 1261x1267
>>17720497
>>17720995
I'm pretty shite at drawing dogs, but this isnt to shabby by my standards.
>>
>>17721763
Damn I wish I was better at drawing animals
>I'll try to do some more samples of new stuff. Need to get some practice in doing traditional stuff. I'm running low on pens and paper so I'm gonna have to go on a supply run at some point.
>>
>>17722639
>Also I'm going to place the last chapter on the site soon. I'll have to make improvements on the writing another time. Also as promised I'll will rework the blogspot before I start the second arc.
>>
>>17721763
It's cute. In the other pic, I thought it was a cat at first until I read the file name, but this other picture makes it more clear.

>>17722639
I'd say it's pretty good, no worries here. But yes, practice makes perfect, as they say.

>>17722643
Cool.
>>
bamp
>>
>Heads up, I might or might not be active tonight. I've been catching up on Preacher these last couple of days for the premiere. Don't really know if it's gonna be good or not, but if any of you feel like reading the comics, a /co/mrade has been storytiming for a while now. >>>/co/82939281
Here it is if anyone cares to read.
>>17723505
Thanks for the bump
>>
I'll try to have something up tomorrow. Preacher is on soon and then I'm headin out after that. Until then stay spooky folks.
>>
>>17724195
No problem, Pixel. Tell us what you think of the show later on!
>>
>>17675522
I Love the Codex Gigas...

Whatever it is; I'll love to know !
>>
>>17725518
I know you probably posted in the wrong thread but man that's crazy. The codec gigas is pretty interesting. Also just the simple fact that it weighs 100+ pounds is impressive of any book. Might look into it when I get a chance.
>>17724364
Fell asleep after the first thirty minutes not out of boredom, but because I was drained. Had to wake up at 6 yesterday. As usual they arent following the comic exactly, but you can't really capture Garth Ennis stuff in live action. His stuff is both grounded and authentic and larger than life and surreal at the same time. From what I've seen they have lightened up the cast a but but they've got the characters down and the atmosphere is on point. Hopefully they get serious moments right. The tension is what makes the series what it Is. The comic is a mash of high impact intense conflict and satisfying comic relief. I'll try to finish the episode soon so I can give a more detailed description.
>Also later today I'm gonna visit my old elementary school and then do some work with my family and then if I'm not pooped when I get home I'll try to do some sketch stuff.
>>
File: 1463795575304[1].jpg (783 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1463795575304[1].jpg
783 KB, 1988x3056
>>17726168
This is kinda out of context, but this is what I mean. Jesse Custer is exiting a party and his girlfriend has been taken hostage by a group of men who have been trying to capture him. The same men who tried to take him hostage took his friend instead, who told them he was Jesse Custer. The final panel is of a man who tried to rape Jesse's friend who then proceeded to throw him out the window, before he took the fall for Jesse. This all happens over about ten to twelve pages. Yeah it's a little edgy at some points and sometimes over the top, but the hard part is translating something like this into live action and doing it at a pace that alternates between comedic and serious at the same time.
>>
>>17726267
>kidnapping
>rape
>murder
>alternates between comedic and serious
>>
>>17726267
Well the humor is extremely dark. By the time you get this part, you'll know whether or not you like the series,but stuff like this will probably be funny if you get to this point. The comedy mainly comes from the fact that you've got all this kidnapping going on and sacrifice and tension, and then the last panel is a fat man with his pants around his ankles crushing the roof of a car.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, that the show won't capture the dark nature of the comic. If anything, I think it's great that they're going for a lighter tone. I'm just saying that Eninis' writing is near impossible to capture because of how unrealistic the pacing would have to shift to emulate his.
>>
>>17726300
Actually, I just went and skimmed through the comic summaries on Wikipedia. Not my cup of tea, but I hope the adaptation works out for you.
>>
>>17726315
Thanks.I hope it works out too. I wasn't to into it at first, but I'm mainly sticking around for the cast. I sometimes fall for the characters before I fall for the story. Also the series is just crazy enough for me to not get to enveloped in rules or realty of certain situations. I'm trying to brush up on as much /x/ related content as I can. That's what I've been doing since the start of the comic and this venture into /x/ related stuff has really broadened my paranormal horizons in relation to /x/ media.
>>
>>17725518
wat
>>
>>17727122
Someone posted in the wrong thread
>>
>>17727343
Well I'm just now getting home from this busy schedule, and I'm pretty tired, but I could do something before I pass out.
>>
>>17728030
Well I just found out I've got some more stuff to do so I'm headin out in a bit and I've to be up early tomorrow, but after that and Thursday my schedule is free for eternity.
>>
>>17728232
>free for eternity

You made a deal with a demon, didn't you?
>>
File: 1453881908978.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
1453881908978.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
>>17728833
If it's for more comics, I ain't even mad
>>
>>17728833
>>17729344
Nothin serious, just a couple of sigils and a lambs head or two and you've got a good deal.
>I'm at a point in part two's writing that requires a bit of audience participation. Well not requires, but I would muchappreciate some feedback. Is there anything you all would like featured in the next chapter. suggestions can range from comedic stuff like /fit/bro to more serious allusions to stuff like Poe or even Lovecraft.
>>
>>17730769
Well, I believe I'm saving Lovecraft for a later arc, but feel free to drop a suggestion. Gonna be gone from three to six-ish later.
>>
Heading out and then I'll be back around six. Hopefully I can drop some drawings or something. If I can't draw anything I might upload some old sketches from when I we first writing part two (which was part one at the time). Hopefully I don't come home and pass out before I can do anything.
>>
File: Skinwalkers_love_cats.jpg (141 KB, 888x1014) Image search: [Google]
Skinwalkers_love_cats.jpg
141 KB, 888x1014
>>17730769
>Is there anything you all would like featured in the next chapter.

I think I've got a couple. This is one of my favorites.
>>
>>17731129
Thank you so much, I've been looking for this story forever. I'll try and see if I can do this one early on.
>I'm home and I'm not super tired. I'm gonna help my brother with some work and I'll try to get some art done.
>>
>>17731513
>Thank you so much, I've been looking for this story forever.

No prob, glad I could help.
>>
Update on today's schedule
Same as yesterday I except I don't have to be gone from three to six .butfron six to whenever I'm going to be busy. Hopefully this won't effect me too much.
>>
So are your friends still going to post their OC here too?
>>
>>17734056
I was gonna wait until the next thread. I'll either make it an /x/ appreciation thread or an /x/ OC thread that way anyone can contribute.
>>17731129
>I'm home now and I'm gonna do some slkinwalker sketches just to have something to contribute.
>>
Also I'm adding the last chapter to the blog, still no changes to text, but I plan to in the near future.
>>
gonna drop- some sketches soon
>>
File: skin1.jpg (70 KB, 666x874) Image search: [Google]
skin1.jpg
70 KB, 666x874
>>17734777
>>
File: skin2.jpg (27 KB, 515x449) Image search: [Google]
skin2.jpg
27 KB, 515x449
>>
File: skin3.jpg (167 KB, 1080x1232) Image search: [Google]
skin3.jpg
167 KB, 1080x1232
>>17734891
I'll try to have more soon.
>>
>>17734894
>>17734894
WhileI'm in the mood and while I've got the time, I guess I'll work on this one a bit. After this the next thing on my schedule is
-part two introduction
-tour of first floor of hotel
-developing blogspot on the side
I'll try to drop roughs every now and then, and I think I'll make a new thread once I've completely finished one of these.
>>
File: skinny1.jpg (454 KB, 1604x1697) Image search: [Google]
skinny1.jpg
454 KB, 1604x1697
>>17735149
Shit forgot the pic
>>
File: skin4.jpg (228 KB, 1700x1606) Image search: [Google]
skin4.jpg
228 KB, 1700x1606
>>17735216
>>
>>17735301
More skinwalker stuff. Well, I'm heading out and hopefully I'll be back in time to add some more stuff.Thanks to all of you for stickin around, things are about to get fun.
>>
File: skin5.jpg (123 KB, 1604x1414) Image search: [Google]
skin5.jpg
123 KB, 1604x1414
>>17735435
Forgot pic again, btw I hung around in a cemetery for a bit while I was waiting for a ride, might upload some pics later to keep the thread going.
>>
File: 20160510_121652.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160510_121652.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Well I'm back and I'm Heading to bed I. Like five minutes. I can upload some of the graveyard stuff but I've got to go to bed.
>>
File: 20160525_084014.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_084014.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>
File: 20160525_084044.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_084044.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>17736902
>>
File: 20160525_084957.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_084957.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>17736909
Well shit the graveyard is much more lively than this thread
>>
File: 20160525_085331.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_085331.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Sometimes i wonder if anyone even cares
>>
File: 20160525_090028.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_090028.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
Well that's enough puns and pics for tonight. I wood continue but I'm sleepy and have a busy day.
>>
>>17736958
Don't get all mopey. You've at least got us. The comic might get more interest once it starts getting finalized and polished up.

Nice pics, btw.
>>
File: 1456341983046.jpg (210 KB, 1452x2048) Image search: [Google]
1456341983046.jpg
210 KB, 1452x2048
>>17736969
No prob, Pixel. These were some cool pictures, but the place looks awesome at night.

Good job on the art, as usual, and if you need any new stories I have a few that you might want to hear. Also, since you asked about what else we want to see in the comic, is SCP still on the table? I fuckin' love those stories, especially the surreal ones.

Also, your skinwalker sketch reminds me of They Live, that's a good sign, lol. And don't fret about the lack of other posters, /x/ has always had more lurkers than bumpers, but we're still here.
>>
>>17737750
*bet the place looks awesome at night

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't correct this typo lol
>>
File: 20160525_085905.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_085905.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>17737072
>>17737750
Don't worry that was Just a really bad home. I'm actually feelin pretty good right now.

SCP is on the way but a little while away. There'll be hints and allusns to it. Also I'd live to check some more of your stuff Luiz..
>>
>>17738738
Looks like a large bonsai.
>>
File: 1421930585859.jpg (343 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
1421930585859.jpg
343 KB, 1095x1195
>>17739620
the term bonsai refers to something which has been artificially culled, in order to preserve a certain aspect of it

Like a child castrated to preserve his angellic voice, bonsai trees often grow into grotesque gnarled shapes, as they are often tended only for the sake of preserving their shape, disregarding all other aspects of its life, thereby profaning it, and rendering it into an unnatural form
>>
File: 1418660275276.jpg (232 KB, 720x715) Image search: [Google]
1418660275276.jpg
232 KB, 720x715
>>17739644
Why cut branches off a healthy tree?

Oh, because it looks different than other branches

and of course because there are no consequences to their actions :^)
>>
>>17739620
Yeah. It just seemed out of place as the only tree like that in the graveyard
>>
>>17739644
That's pretty interesting. Well thanks everyone for bumping I've had the busiest day and I plan on getting back into the swing of things tomorrow.
>>
>>17678067
>Using a 4chan header.

Kill yourself.
>>
>alright, my schedule is finally opening up and I'll try to get some more stuff done. I mainly plan workin on the introduction to part two. If I go out today I'll drop a few more pics from the graveyard or something.
>>
File: Cover-tom2.jpg (37 KB, 437x464) Image search: [Google]
Cover-tom2.jpg
37 KB, 437x464
>>17720080
>>17720134
>>
File: 20160525_084804.jpg (907 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_084804.jpg
907 KB, 2560x1440
Sorry folks feeling sick and I might not update tomorrow either.
>>
File: 20160525_084352.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160525_084352.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
I think there are a few more pictures and that's it folks. Sorry bout the lack of updates and shit.
>>
>>17743498
That's a fancy door.

>>17743487
Get better soon.
>>
>>17743487

We'll still be here when you're better, don't stress yourself. If you're feeling overwhelmed, remember that small but constant updates can still make progress, so don't tire yourself out binge-drawing for our sake, lol.

>>17739644
>>17739656

That's a strange but accurate way of seeing things.
>>
bamp
>>
>>17743991
Door to a mausoleum.
Thanks for the concern
>>
>>17744996
Holy shit this thread has fallen far. I'll try to do something while I'm waitin on some friends. I've got a bit of a shindig to go to, but I'm still feelin a little sore. I thought thursday would be my last day workin out stuff, but some friends have wanted to hang recently.
>>
>>17746055
I dint have my phone on me right now so I can't exactly drop anymore graveyard photos but whatever. I'll try to doodle up some stuff, and if this badboy dies before things get going or before I return I'll just make a new thread once I've got a backlog of content.
BTW I'm gettin pretty far into Preacher, and I'm still liking it. If anyone has any /x/ related media feel free to drop some suggestions. I'm planning on watching the Boy, Conjuring 1 and 2, and reading Lucifer to brush up on some paranormal stuff but feel free to give me some recommendations. Thanks to all for sticking around, and thanks for all of the support.
>One last thing: reminder that the next thread will be an experimental OC thread to keep content coming in and if anyone knows anyone specifically who might wanna contribute tell em, or if you yourself want to feel free to. Thanks all, and have a spooky time folks!
>>
Bleghhhhh
>>
>>17747901
Oops
>>
wat
>>
Well I'm feeling sick still and crazy shit with the family and I think I jinxed myself by saying 'free forever'. Well I'll try my best to do something before this thread submits to it's death throws if not refer to the last post I made. Later folks.
>>
>>17749452
Get better.
>>
>>17750001
Thanks, I'll try.
>>
>>17751284
bumping for glory

On that note, I've been writing an outline of sorts for a semi-autobiographical graphic novel featuring time travel, eldritch horrors and high school, do you guys think it's /x/ worthy?
>>
>>17751303
>semi-autobiographical graphic novel
>featuring time travel, eldritch horrors and high school

u wot m8?
>>
>>17751303
Sounds crazy as shit. I imagine you're taking life experiences and throwing in supernatural elements to add some juice to the stories.
>>
>>17751303
I've just had some interesting adventures, but I find regular autobiographies really boring so I'm adding some stuff that I like, based on whatever media I was watching/playing/reading at the time the story takes place.

>>17753219
Ha, basically this. I know author-insertion is a controversial thing in art, but I think it would be pretty cool to leave behind some kind of story where people will be asking themselves how much of it is real and how much of it isn't. I'm formatting like a weird tv-show, where each season would be a year of my life, starting in high school and ending with the first year of college. Along the way, there'd be a brainwashing lovecraftian cult in charge of the school, interdimensional murderers and alien abductions.

Bumpin', also
>>
>>17753789
Seems awesome can't wait to see/hear more in the future and thanks for keeping things going while I'm out of commission. Hey I'll message you on that character you wanted illustrated either later tonight or tomorrow.
>>
>>17754629
Thanks for the bump while I'm sick. This cold keeps going into remission and then returns spontaneously. Hopefully I can get better before things start getting stale here.
>>
>>17754847
Do a comic about a monster that inflicts illness upon others.
>>
>>17755252
sounds like a good idea. I guess i can kinda develop this.
>>
>>17753789
Hey I'm just now gettin free and I'll try to start sketchin in a bit. Got some business to attend to.
>>
>>17756427
Cool, but no rush bro.

>>17755252
This sort of reminded me of that Watchmen Saturday Morning Cartoon spoof when the lyrics say "Jon will give you cancer and then he'll turn into a car!"
>>
bamp
>>
bomp
>>
>>17756860
Haha yeah. Well I've women up and this is the first morning in a few days that I didn't feel like crap. Guess its time to get back to work
>>
>>17759571
Thanks to everyone for holding on while I was M.I.A.
>>
>>17759573
No prob
>>
Alright folks, feelin better and I'm gonna post some sketches I did for a friend and then back to the normal schedule hopefully.
>>
File: stylo.jpg (151 KB, 989x1081) Image search: [Google]
stylo.jpg
151 KB, 989x1081
>>17756860
here's a more stylized jacket for the character. Went with a parka because I was thinking of the old big guy. More coming soon.
>>
File: stylo2.jpg (116 KB, 696x1126) Image search: [Google]
stylo2.jpg
116 KB, 696x1126
>>17760270
Figured since he supposed to look like hes decaying/falling apart I could make his skin a pale white-ish or grayish color. I'll try to incorporate it into the next drawing. I'll also try a different jacket style.
>>
File: stylo3.jpg (237 KB, 1594x1242) Image search: [Google]
stylo3.jpg
237 KB, 1594x1242
>>17760297
I decided to go with a bomber jacket, because they're pretty simple and leaves room for other details, but it seems a little unfitting.
>>
>>17760402
be back later with more sketches, got some dishes to do,
>>
>>17760270
>>17760297
>>17760402

These are great, thanks Pixel! I loved the parka look, the 'fur' makes it look older, like something out of Game of Thrones. I know he's supposed to be evil and shit, but he's still my favourite of all the characters I'm writing.

Also, the second one with the hood on is a cool look for him, it feels really appropriate.

Here's a congratulatory bump!
>>
>>17760893
Cool, glad you like it. I was thinking a lot about Bane and Captain Cold as I was thinking of a design. I'll try to keep the next time a little bit more rustic and earthy to give that aged look to the character.
>>
>>17760928
Those are some pretty good references, so kudos!

Also, bumpin' for glory.
>>
New art is looking good.

Wish more people paid attention to this thread.
>>
>>17762174
I don't know what it's about, but I never minimize it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.