[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought this chair from a funeral Parlor. I don't know if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Resized_20160508_153349.jpg (269 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20160508_153349.jpg
269 KB, 900x1600
Bought this chair from a funeral Parlor. I don't know if this is the right board to come to but I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on it
>>
File: Resized_20160508_153357.jpg (263 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20160508_153357.jpg
263 KB, 900x1600
Side view
>>
Neat chair, why did you feel a need to make up the funeral parlor part though?
>>
Looks like you got your self a pretty nice chair
>>
>>17671465
>I don't know if this is the right board to come to
No, you want the furniture board
>>
>>17671465
Go to the furniture board
>>
>>17671478
Believe me or not but the town is live in had a yard sale day and that's where I bought it from.
>>
That's a rad chair, m8, but is it haunted? If you just want to know about the carving work, /diy/ might know stuff.
>>
Does anyone else see that scary ass face on the top part of the chair?
>>
>>17671501
It's not like it's hidden.. It has pupils and horns. Clearly visible.
>>
Hold on, OP. There may be more to that chair than you'd like to know.
I'm sensing a lot of energy - specifically around the seat part.
>>
>>17671614
That's just my ass. I didn't come here because I thought it was possessed or anything. Just curious about the detail. If it is supposed to be anything or anyone in particular.
>>
>>17671618

Face looks like The Green Man to me. Fairly common western Europe motif.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

Scroll down page to see many variations of face.
>>
File: image003.jpg (64 KB, 266x364) Image search: [Google]
image003.jpg
64 KB, 266x364
>>17671626
...and the picture I forget to post.
>>
God damn that's a nice chair. Damn. Gotta get me a chair like that. I'll buy it from ya if it turns out to be haunted. I got next, OP. Dibs
>>
>>17671465
For real, that's a nice ass chair. How much did you pay OP?
>>
>>17672308
$40 though I don't plan on selling it. My wife and I love this chair.
>>
>>17671465
I'm not an expert, but I have some experience with furniture, so I can say a few things. Just bear in mind that I can't promise I'm not wrong.

I'm guessing it to be Victorian (from the style), probably made between 1880 and 1900 (the wear looks legit). It looks like it was treated gently, so it's a fairly nice piece, although it doesn't look particularly comfortable. I'd say the market value is something like $100, if you paid less then you got a nice deal.

Don't be afraid to use it, it should be decently sturdy.

As for it being haunted, there's pretty much no chance. It might carry impressions of grief to a psychic sensitive, but that's all. People don't die in funeral homes, they're already dead when they get there. And this chair would've had no direct contact with corpses. It was probably in a consultation office. It's unlikely anyone ever had a very strong attachment to it.

>>17672125
Go looking around second-hand shops and flea markets. Ask around. There should be someone in your area who deals in antique furniture. You can often get find used stuff that's better and cheaper than you could get new. If you want ornate, you want Victorian. Right now 50s Modern is hot, thanks to Mad Men, so it's is a good time to buy older stuff that's less in demand. Good furniture can last you lifetimes, it's a worthwhile investment.
>>
Chairmans after you anon! Be fast, sit in chair and travel into chairland, there go to Chairville and ask for Chairmeister, he should help you.
>>
The chair gives me a creepy reminder of Pan. Looks like some folkloric inspiration to its creation. I can just feel the wild emanating from it.
>>
File: Theyzzerdd.jpg (16 KB, 200x231) Image search: [Google]
Theyzzerdd.jpg
16 KB, 200x231
>>17671627
>>
>>17671465
For a second I thought that chair has doors on it
>>
>>17673287
That's a pretty good deal.
>>
Sorry man youre looking for /spookyfurniture/ not us
>>
>>17671465
its a haunted chair, burn it on a bloodmoon night while singing Evangelion theme in hebrew, make sure you have candles made from menstrual blood of a childless widow, or all this will just get worse
>>
>>17671465
You sit in these things. This one is a nice one. Anything else?
>>
>>17671465
Also what fucking era are you from with that carpet...
>>
Read something a long time ago about people carving faces into things to scare off dark spirits way back in the day.
>>
>>17671626
Yeah, the green man. Very common in romantic and romantic revival shit that's popular every few years.
>>
File: sofa_king_0wls.jpg (66 KB, 652x487) Image search: [Google]
sofa_king_0wls.jpg
66 KB, 652x487
>>
It's a curule chair, also called a Savinarola chair. That's a very nice piece, worth a lot more than 40$
Google it, you might find it interesting.
>>
>>17671489
lol
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.