[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: o2.png (72 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
o2.png
72 KB, 400x400
How do they get breathable air on the ISS? Apparently they do electrolysis reactions of water where they seperate the oxygen from the explosive hydrogen, and they vent out the hydrogen into space. This in turn requires alot of energy. So it leads to: How does the ISS get energy? Solar panels a lot of you would say. Tbh solar panels suck though. And I have seen plenty of videos where they have tons of computers on board the station: they also have enough power apparently to do broadcasts from so far away: all done with solar panels? Back to the oxygen: It is actually a fact that breathing pure oxygen is toxic, in fact we breath in a combination of argon CO2 oxygen and nitrogen. How in the world do they get nitrogen and CO2 and argon to the ISS? Don't tell me there are regular deliveries and if so why has no one heard about them>? Like as if they dont want people to start talking?
>>
>>17665896
>desu solar panels suck though
Wow NASA btfo
http://www.edn.com/design/power-management/4427522/International-Space-Station--ISS--power-system

>The arrays always need to face the sun for maximum power efficiency, so gimbals are used to rotate them so that they face the sun all the time. Each of the eight solar arrays is 112 feet long by 39 feet wide. The entire solar array wingspan (240 feet) is longer than that of a Boeing 777 200/300 model, which is 212 feet. Together the arrays contain a total of 262,400 solar cells and cover an area of about 27,000 square feet (2,500 square meters) – more than half the area of a football field.
>>
>>17665904
but they do suck! Also dont u understand how much things the ISS is powering? The rotators on the solar panels, the computers, the lighting, the air system that vents the air throughout the cabins, and like i said before apparently they have enough power to make broadcasts to earth. A radio tower here on earth uses tremendous power to broadcast.
>>
>>17665896
I would say go ask /sci/ but you obviously don't want to know the real answer and want to blame the spacejews.
>>
File: 1309466862591.jpg (63 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1309466862591.jpg
63 KB, 400x300
>>
>>17665913
They also have direct sunlight. Direct sunlight here is much less powerful than in space.
>>
>>17665913
Did you read a single line from the website?
>>
ask /sci/
>>
>>17665913
I work for a power company and I can tell you for a fact they can easily power the ISS with solar power. Go back to your chocolate milk and snuggy, you clearly shouldn't have been given your mum's IPad.
>>
>>17665904
You know solar panels are more efficient in space right?
>>
>>17666105
That's my point
>>
File: 1450473637739.jpg (37 KB, 661x443) Image search: [Google]
1450473637739.jpg
37 KB, 661x443
All these Government shills...
>>
I can't speak to their need for various gases, but there ARE in fact regular supply deliveries to the ISS.

You just mean YOU have never heard of them, OP.
>>
>>17665896
are you high?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.