[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pascagoula incident
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 17
File: outer_space2.jpg (381 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
outer_space2.jpg
381 KB, 600x600
Does it hold up to skepticism?
>>
>>17662012

Never heard of it pls explain
>>
File: Pascagoula-e1404072371224.png (351 KB, 597x416) Image search: [Google]
Pascagoula-e1404072371224.png
351 KB, 597x416
>>17662096
Basically, two Mississippian fisherman were out at the local wharf one night when, out of nowhere, an egg-shaped spacecraft appeared and several grey figures appeared. They were described as having elephant-like skin, four antennae coming out of their head in a radial pattern, claws like that of a lobster, and slightly hovered above the ground. The younger of the two fisherman passed out, while the other was taken aboard the vessel. They examined him with what could be described as an eye-like machine and then released him, probe-free.
>>
>>17662012
>Does it hold up to skepticism?

Skepticism? yes.

De-bunkers? No. Nothing will convince those fuckers.
>>
>>17662441
One of the main skeptics I found made the arguement about the polygraph test and the one other person passing out beforehand.
>>
>>17662118
>claws like that of a lobster
This is highly unlikely for intelligent beings. You need hands with fingers (4-6 works best) to manipulate objects and build things.

Basically my theory is either:
A. Not real.
OR
B. Real, but his memory of the event (or just what he was perceiving in real time) has been altered to the point where it's changed what the beings originally looked like.
>>
>>17662453
Perhaps their technology primarily consists of levers and switches, or touch screens and hand-waving.
>>
>>17662465
Also, the story never changed, even after several years.
>>
>>17662465
The accommodations needed in their technology for their different hand structure would not justify their actual hand structure. That's like saying shoes are the reason we have feet. It's not where their at now, so much as how we got there.
>>
>>17662490
There is another way. Perhaps they work together to accomplish tasks, similar to what we think creatures with one trunk would do.
>>
These guys went to the cops and told them their story.

They were left in an interrogation room with a hidden tape recorder recording anything they said after the cops left the room. The cops figured that if they were bullshitting, they would say something to that effect while talking to each other while they were alone after the cops left the room. They didn't. What the cops found on the tape was the two men talking about how horrifying the experience was and how the incident scared the shit out of them both. The incident really fucked up the younger dude.

After hearing the tape, the cops figured that something did happen to the dudes, and they weren't just bullshitting.

You can hear some of the original recording here starting at about 157: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_GjCI8KEVM
>>
>>17662453

They could have been purpose built machines and not sentient creatures.
>>
>>17662492
Yeah, but having claws would still be bred out. The difference between having a hand with fingers and a claw is huge. Hands being the advantage in an intelligent species.
>>
>>17662506
That's another theory I suppose, but why not give your machine a hand and make it able to complete more tasks?
>>
>>17662508
Perhaps this is the end result of generations of genetic engineering on their part.
>>
>>17662519
Why move backwards instead of forwards, if you have the technology to further your species' development?
>>
>>17662525
I checked, their hands are *like* claws in that they have one large finger and a smaller thumb, but have movement more similar to a vertebrate hand, rather than that of an arthropod.
>>
>>17662532
Well, the reason humans have five fingers is basically, other mammals/fish etc. before us had multiple fingers, so this would be hard to judge just going on evolutionary biology of Earth only. However, I still think it would be advantageous to have multiple fingers, due to the fact that it allows for more manipulation of things. I still think most likely scenario is they were having their appearances changed in real time or they altered the men's memories.
>>
>>17662575
Perhaps. Most modern depictions of them have the legs fused together to form a sort of a "tail."
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 500x686
>>17662589
Pic related
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9J3JCr9XMQ

it's very bizarre
>>
>>17662450
>>17662471
>>17662508
>>17662575

Here's the deal:

Did you all ever consider the fact that all of theses gods, angels, and aliens from different cultures, locations, and descriptions were all the same beings with control over how they appeared at any particular moment?

Why reveal one's true self to a lower species that isn't ready to universally accept a greater truth of the cosmos? Basically, it makes more sense to appear as whatever is culturally appropriate at the time. If lobster claws and antennae are the imaginings of mississipi boys, then so be it.
>>
>>17662593
Interesting, probably has something to do with the way they float. Floating seems like it would take up too much energy over walking, but maybe not since it might be powered in ways that we don't know.
>>
>>17662602
I think that's kind of a stretch if there are Aliens, then chances are there's more than one type of intelligent lifeform out there. I do agree that they may not always reveal their true form, however.
>>
>>17662602
Then we should be seeing monstrous multi-armed things by this time, but we still see the same stuff as we did years ago with a few exceptions. I'm on the boat of possible convergent evolution, in line with the "humanoid seeding" hypothesis.
>>
>>17662615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uXolRvGiuI
I believe the concept of them having the ability to not show their true forms is briefly touched upon here.
>>
>>17662619
I think we're still stuck on Greys, Bigfoots, Reptoids, and Spindly Mantis things.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 900x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 900x618
>>17662627
What about these oddballs?
>>
File: Well, honestly it's.png (39 KB, 511x108) Image search: [Google]
Well, honestly it's.png
39 KB, 511x108
>>17662629
1950's b movies influence the public = Weird Sightings.

Same reasons why we don't see Angels, Multi Armed Gods, or Burning Bushes anymore.

(But I'm also of the opinion that these things may not be from outerspace but from inner space http://accelerating.org/articles/answeringfermiparadox.html)
>>
>>17662635
What kind of sick movie would produce the blockhead on the left?
>>
>>17662635
Also, the link doesn't work for me.
>>
>>17662643
Strange...

Try here:
http://www.slideshare.net/UnitB166ER/answering-the-fermi-paradox-exploring-the-mechanisms-of-universal-transcention-by-john-m-smart

or if you prefer a video, here is Silva pondering about the transcention hypothesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQOyJUDTKdM
>>
>>17662465
right but how the fuck do you *build* this dope wavey hand screen when you got lobster hands? think mcfly...think
>>
>>17662651
Trippy theory and great effects. I rate it ayy/lmao.
>>
>>17662663
But in all seriousness, is it saying that we have to advance to a certain point and then we end up with all the other species that also made the leap?
>>
Has anyone thought of the biblical implications of these encounters? Would these beings require a savior, or do they already have one? Are they man, beast, or demon? Are they friendly?
>>
>>17662707
>Has anyone thought of the biblical implications of these encounters?

No, because Jewish fairy tales are no different than Greek, Roman, Egyptian, or Aztec fairy tales.
>>
>>17662715
What are aliens then? Modern fairy folk?
>>
>>17662720
faerie folk and aliens couldn't have m.o.'s/dispositions further from each other. unless the alien schtick is an elaborate meta ruse
>>
>>17662720

Species that evolved on another planet.

What's so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>17662735
Like how the Cyclopes roamed in Crete, and the Fomorians ruled Ireland, and dragons were so common, they were blamed for livestock killings.
>>
>>17662012
The moon men should be left alone...
>implying you probably wouldn't like it if immigrants came in mass.
>>
>>17662748
Get the fuck out of here with your role playing bullshit.
>>
>>17662748
Except this is something that's not just scientifically possible, but scientifically likely.
>>
>>17662759
>came in mass
>implying ambiguity
>implies large *wave*
>>
>>17662765
But then people try to explain the fact we haven't met anyone yet away by saying that they somehow were transported, after merging with machines, to a pseudo-spirit world of some sort.
>>
>>17662774
What? I've never said or bought into that theory myself. My guess on why we've never met them is just simply "They don't want to meet us."
>>
>>17662490
could be space magic?
>>
>>17662783
Or they're just fucking with us. We have to remember that these are living being like us, perhaps in more ways than one.
>>
You people have such small concepts

>The empire starts @ home
>hence new world order
>quite a few of you despise.
>This is watched
>and you are guided through it.
>The empire starts @ home
>you are the master builders of the future
>dont let ideas stop you takin lead
>k
>>
>>17662731

>faerie folk and aliens couldn't have m.o.'s/dispositions further from each other.

Someone needs to brush up on their Jaques Vallee
>>
>>17662804
This.

It's all literally an archetype created by the collective unconscious.
>>
>>17662012

Was this the one where the abductees were secretly recorded on audio tape by the local sheriff hoping to catch them faking their shit only to find that even alone, they legit showed signs they were traumatized by whatever they saw?
>>
>>17663337
Yup. And the image is a vinyl record of a pastor's sermon on the event.
>>
>>17662715
>http://www.slideshare.net/UnitB166ER/answering-the-fermi-paradox-exploring-the-mechanisms-of-universal-transcention-by-john-m-smart
fairy tales served purposes you know
>>
>>17662715
No, stupid. What he means is that things like "flying saucers" and chariots of fire are mentioned and ancient artwork and painting also allude to these things. They're said to be angels in the Bible but what are they if not angels or aliens since they've been something witnessed even that long ago?
>>
>>17662715
>Babby's first ayyytheist post.
>>
>>17662812
we are the aliens. In the future when time travel is possible because of the technology we will possess at one point, we will go back in time and guide ourselves through the decisions which in turn make this interaction with self possible to begin with. we will look at this interaction as an alien encounter or a brush with god in some form until we understand the non linear nature of time.
>>
>>17663575
Yes, they do.

Some are excuses to give away gifts to children, like Santa Claus. Others are excuses to give children coins for their teeth, like the tooth fairy. Still others are used to explain shit beyond our comprehension, like "gods".

>>17663578
Intelligent species from other planets, dumb ass. There's no need to continue to use mythological terms created by ignorant morons that didn't even know how many planets existed in our solar system, let alone how many other galaxies existed besides our own.
>>
File: Tips.jpg (47 KB, 232x352) Image search: [Google]
Tips.jpg
47 KB, 232x352
>>17663583
Awww....did I insult your stupid Jew myths?
>>
>>17663599
Is it summer already? If youre so smart, why are you here? Surely someone of your insight has much better things to do. Maybe even people who like you.
Consider yourself told.
>>
File: download.jpg (24 KB, 396x244) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
24 KB, 396x244
>>17662012

Possibly the same creature as the Kelly "Goblin".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly%E2%80%93Hopkinsville_encounter
>>
>>17663658
Nah, it's just a bad artist's rendering. The real one looks a lot weirder.
>>
>>17663578
"Today they call them angels and demons, tomorrow they will call them something else...."
Aleister Crowley
>>
>>17662453
>they have to have 4-5 fingers
just because there is a morphogenic field that give most species their shape doesnt mean every species will be EXACTLY that way. the main pattern is just a pentagram. 2 legs, 2 arms, 1 head is all you need. just because we have another full fractal on the ends of our arms for a hand, doesnt mean another species, that evolves on a different planet, cant have less than 5. 2 would be all you need to grasp things. hell even 1 if it was like an elephant's trunk.
>>
>>17663637
The jews still need to be stopped.
>>
>>
>>17662453

maybe they weren't really claws. maybe they were just mittens.
>>
>>17664758
Fleshy mittens. Made of flesh.
>>
File: 20160506_232402.png (94 KB, 171x369) Image search: [Google]
20160506_232402.png
94 KB, 171x369
Found this
>>
>>17662118
the local wharf across from a busy shipyard, where none of the workers reported seeing anything. neither did anyone travelling on the highway. There was another UFO sighting that night, but not in the same area.

the one guy who was 'conscious' during the whole thing refused to take a second polygraph test administered by a highly competent police polygrapher.

he also admitted to drinking whiskey, but only after the creatures released them (lol how convenient)
>>
>>17665394
>citation needed
>>
this is fascinating.

>>17665394

citation please.
>>
>>17665422
Joe Nickell wrote about it for CSICOP.

You'll have to google it for yourself, I'm not wasting a moment providing links for someone who isn't going to read it and just cry DURR SHILL DEBUNKERRR
>>
File: Chuck chuckling.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
Chuck chuckling.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>17665430
>CSICOP.

No bias there....
>>
File: n.jpg (7 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
7 KB, 125x125
>>17665430
>CSICOP
>>
>>17665445
perhaps you could provide a completely unbiased source?
>>
>>17665465
Perhaps you could provide news articles, police records, or anything other than heresay.
>>
>>17665468
ahh, so you can't.
>>
>>17665475
The iron skeptic also did an article on this event. The man's supposed drunkenness and multiple men on the docks was never mentioned.
Bear in mind, a skeptic said this, not a UFOlogist.
>>
>we have hands with fingers and thumbs
>therefore any species that doesn't can't exist and would be inferior

this is why we don't get visited guys
>>
>>17665521
Or when the weird ones show up, it's only once.
>>
>>17665465
Some dude made a video and interviewed the medical staff and the cops that interviewed and assisted these dudes. None of them said they believed the men were hoaxing the incident.
>>
File: ..jpg (14 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
14 KB, 446x299
>>17665430
>CSICOP
>>
File: Proboskian.jpg (25 KB, 284x619) Image search: [Google]
Proboskian.jpg
25 KB, 284x619
>>17665521
Reminds me of this allegoricalish alien. They use their trunks to communicate with one another, therefore the only creatures capable of intelligence have to have trunks. They thought elephants were the earth's dominant sapient lifeforms.
>>
>>17662499

Fuck...
>>
File: Bill Murray.gif (236 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Bill Murray.gif
236 KB, 200x200
>>17665430
>CSICOP.
>>
File: 20160507_114422.jpg (99 KB, 282x608) Image search: [Google]
20160507_114422.jpg
99 KB, 282x608
Bumping with an action figure.
>>
>>17662602
You know what else changes appearances on a whim? Imaginary creatures.

What if... what if there was a planet somewhere where the beings were made out of Pure Imagination? They could fly space ships of pure energy and travel at the Speed of Hope, and they had ray guns that shot Peace on Earth, and Goodwill towards Man!
>>
>>17666927
Can't tell if you're serious, because I've some weird shit in my day.
>>
>>17665786
>>17665521

The point is you need appendages that can hold and precisely manipulate objects to build machines, you dumbtard. That's why dolphins don't have the bomb yet.
>>
>>17667771
Dolphins don't have manipulating arms or hands, the Pascagoula aliens do.
>>
>>17667771
We are the only advances species to study. You can agree on that, right? Just because we're the top of the food chain on this planet doesn't mean that other technologically advanced species on another planet has to evolve the same way.

I'm pretty sure the only thing researchers can conclude is that their eyes must be close to the brain.
>>
Bumping with cartoony representation.
>>
Bump in the night.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.