[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't normally post here but I'm a pagan that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: 1451440992692.jpg (139 KB, 589x777) Image search: [Google]
1451440992692.jpg
139 KB, 589x777
I don't normally post here but I'm a pagan that's had trouble making contact with the gods and I was told to come here. Is there any legit pagans here that can help me out?
>>
Well let's start with the obvious, when's the last time you had an oil change?

For real though, what have you been trying in order to contact them? Any specific god/s?
>>
>>17661917
The only thing I've tried is Christian-style prayer because that's the only kind I know how to do. I've specifically called gods by their Æsir-Vanir names (Odin, Freya, Thor, Frigg) but I believe the gods of different pantheons are just different names given to the same cosmological truths interpreted differently depending on the culture.
>>
>>17661910
/his/ didn't want you.
>>
>>17661938
>but I believe the gods of different pantheons are just different names given to the same cosmological truths interpreted differently depending on the culture.
well you are definitely on the right path there. man molds these entities in whatever way they can to subjugate their people.

Don't want to sound like some hippe shouting "It's fate dude!", but If prayer isn't working for you, maybe there's a reason for it. So I don't really have any suggestions but maybe you'll get some other answers here.
>>
>>17661944
Lol I came from that thread too
>>
>>17661957
It's weird because I can feel a faint calling but I can't get in touch with anything and it frustrates me. Should I try meditation to increase mindfulness?
>>
>>17661938
>The only thing I've tried is Christian-style prayer because that's the only kind I know how to do

readabooknigga.png

Instead of coming up with some Jungian metatheory shit about how all the gods are, like, expressions of the same concept, maaaan, PICK A PANTHEON AND STUDY THE PRACTICES OF ITS RELIGION

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE ALL THOSE RULES, MAYBE YOU SHOULD ACCEPT THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO TALK TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
>>17662031
Okay, I was under the impression most rites of the pre-Christian European religions had been lost.
>>
>>17661938
you're right, they are the same but with different names.

Try meditating on one of them. Clear your mind entirely. this can be difficult. Focus on them. After a while you may find what you seek.
>>
>>17661986
yep. I just posted a thing about meditation before I read this post. Do it. Focus on that calling.
>>
““What profit is an idol when its maker has shaped it, a metal image, a teacher of lies? For its maker trusts in his own creation when he makes speechless idols!
Woe to him who says to a wooden thing, Awake; to a silent stone, Arise! Can this teach? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in it.
But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him.”
>>
>>17662039
>I was under the impression

Try reading books so you can know things instead of just having impressions and saying Hail Marys at gods of war and thunder, eh?
>>
>>17662049
I don't wanna clog your thread, but one last thing.. don't go all out on your hands and knees. the gods don't want you to beg them for anything. It makes you look weak. They're like us.. you can show respect, yeah, it's what I do, but don't go all out with your hands clasped shouting your prayer
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10 KB, 261x193
"Most assuredly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God! 3:6That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 3:7Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.' 3:8The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but don't know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
>>
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 202x249
13:35By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-04-12-16-26.png (104 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-04-12-16-26.png
104 KB, 480x854
>>17662053
>>17662059
>>17662063

Screw off. We're talking about legitimate stuff here. You are just preaching the same stuff that a lot of us have had shoved in our faces since birth. we're past this. enough already
>>
>>17662054
Is there any specific ones you'd recommend?
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>17662076
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
>>
>>17662084
get out of here with your plagiarized shit.
>>
>>17661910
Rite Ruins on a tree branch , put it under bed when you sleep. It helps
>>
>>17661986
>faint calling
listen
>>
>>17662053
/x/ retards will ignore this wisdom just because it was written in the bible

Then they call other people closed minded.
>>
>>17661910
seek perfection anon.
then seek the mystery of that perfection...
>>
>>17662053
Robots
>can teach
so yeah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42MAk4_DBFc
>>
>>17662053
Breath is the rythme of life, the molecular chime or bell....
>so yeah

tehe, lets loose his phallus.
>>
>>17662084
Echo chamber lad... just echos... of motion.
>>
>>17662315
A defunct room
>nods
>>
File: catfaceleotard.jpg (38 KB, 174x184) Image search: [Google]
catfaceleotard.jpg
38 KB, 174x184
>>17661910
why you using me in your image anyways>?
>>
>>17662083
You wanna kick it viking-style, right? A Book of Troth, by Edred Thorsson. And everything else by Edred Thorsson.
>>
Since /x/ has decided to bitch about learning about a pantheon without giving any material, I've decided to chime in here.

Since you seem to have an inkling for the Norse that's what you're getting.

DuBois, Thomas A. Nordic Religions in the Viking Age. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1999. Print.

Lindow, John. Norse Mythology: A Guide to Gods, Heroes, Rituals, and Beliefs. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print.

Mitchell, Stephen A. Witchcraft and Magic in the Nordic Middle Ages. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2010. Print.

Turville-Petre, E. O. Gabriel. Myth and Religion of the North: The Religion of Ancient Scandinavia. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson Ltd., 1964. Print.

And nothing at all by Stephen A. McNallen. Ever.

Read about them on amazon, see if any of them are what you are looking for?
>>
>>17662448
And I can't really vouch for this book since I haven't read it, but it seems like it would be useful for you since it is concerned primarily with building a relationship with the gods.
>>
>>17662448
>>17662545

Sorry forgot link
http://www.amazon.com/Devotional-Polytheism-Introduction-Galina-Krasskova/dp/150255786X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1462513815&sr=1-1&keywords=devotional+polytheism
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 240x126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 240x126
>>17662255
>>
>>17662084
Actually, this thread will get 404'd at some point so you're wrong
>>
>>17662255
it's some guy copying and pasting bible quotes when we're trying to talk about actual gods
>>
>>17662448
>>17662547
Thank you
>>
>>17661938
Christian prayer alone doesn't help to contact the Gods in my experience. In meditation, however, I've been able to contact a God.
>>
File: 1439310899048.jpg (67 KB, 428x599) Image search: [Google]
1439310899048.jpg
67 KB, 428x599
what's your ancestry?
I see too many italians and germans who want to pray to the nordic gods because they're stupid as fuck and want to worship nord gods because vikings are cool nowadays.
Also, read the Golden Bough. But first of all, tell me what your ancestry is.
>>
>>17663204
>actual gods

motherfuckers around here need to learn about gnosis
>>
Maybe I can help?

What are you? Pagan is an umbrella term yo.
>>
>>17663204
Keep in mind that the passage can just as easily be used as an argument against worshipping Yahwey or Christ. They are all fraudulent creations. You have to listen for the truth if you want it. Otherwise you will remain in fantasy, completely helpless but perhaps entertained.
>>
>>17663584
Sounds like he is interested in the Norse pantheon.
>>17661938
>>
>>17663696
>Christian style of prayer
>Norse

Ok...here is how I put it for new people. Learn to pray through actions. Not words. If you want something of the gods, act towards that thing. Prayer has it's place, but in Paganism, ESPECIALLY Norse/Germanic Paganism, you have to act upon your goals. And you have to give it your all.

That goes for Worship as well. Actions speak louder yo. Want to be a great warrior? Go start learning to fight. Want to be a great writer? Start writing. Music? Start making music. Etc.

Then through your actions, "speak" to the gods.

Praying through words only gets you so far. 9 out of 10 gods will want you to back up what you say you'll do.
>>
>>17662053
>the irony of posting that alongside an icon
>>
>>17661910
>and I was told to come here
You poor bastard.

>>17661938
>but I believe the gods of different pantheons are just different names given to the same cosmological truths interpreted differently depending on the culture.
You're objectively wrong unless you believe that most or all pagan groups had very poor undersanding of the gods.
>>
>>17662039
You're correct.

>>17662043
Meditation isn't a European thing.

>>17662053
I'm with you, but idol has a very specific meaning, and if you just call every pagan god an idol you're just making yourself look like an idiot.
>>
>>17663872
>poor bastard

Better than Reddit.

>Hey guys I was wanting to learn about Pag...
>"TRIGGERED"
>"BE AN ATHEIST RETARD"
>"BUT YOU NEED TO LOVE ISLAM"

Could be worse, why do you think I came back to this hellhole?
>>
>>17663889
>>Hey guys I was wanting to learn about Pag...
>>"TRIGGERED"
>>"BE AN ATHEIST RETARD"
>>"BUT YOU NEED TO LOVE ISLAM"
Preferable to being unwittingl fed gallons of ahistorical horseshit.

>why do you think I came back to this hellhole?
Because your head is up your ass, like half of the board.
>>
>>17663894
>Preferable to being unwittingl fed gallons of ahistorical horseshit.

I mean, if you believe in anything paranormal, or any belief system you'd understand that it all changes, and Christianity has documented changes. But that doesn't absolve it of having new branches. Same for Paganism. We change, so does religion.

>Head up my ass like half the board.

That's a fair comment, but I can't smell breakfast yet. So, at least give me that.
>>
>>17663906
There's a dfference between development and deciding "those people were just wrong his new thig that contradicts them is correct"
>>
>>17663935
>There's a dfference between development and deciding "those people were just wrong his new thig that contradicts them is correct"

I actually don't think many Pagans are even able to directly contradict anything. Like, so much has to be recreated out of necessity, and what we do know from the "old world" is pretty free in terms of rules that, I don't see how that's even an issue.

My religion has always been really scattered and freethinking in terms of worship. And Norse Paganism is pretty easy to follow when it comes to the rules that can't be broken, and pretty flexible on everything else. Same with Hellenism.

I just don't see what the deal is for you. Most of your complaints can be applied to Abrhamic religions...but not many Pagan religions. There are a few (Hinduism. Semitic Paganism. etc.) But those things are either still around in full force, or not included in this thread.
>>
>>17663955
>what we do know from the "old world" is pretty free in terms of rules

Not knowing the rules doesn't mean there weren't any.
>>
File: nah nah nah.png (209 KB, 306x308) Image search: [Google]
nah nah nah.png
209 KB, 306x308
To contact norse gods, you have to live a norse way.

To be a man and a seer into the realms of the gods is to be Ergi, or unmanly unvalourous. It's to be a woman, to be receptive in sex, is just like being psychic to the old-norse mind.

Norse magic is a woman's game.

You can worship Odin is you want his powers, but even Odin falls in ragnarok.

Why do you want magic? Is it need or is it want?

Have you sacrificed yourself to yourself?

If you wanna talk to freya, have you tried smoking pot? It's her herb.

If you wanna talk to Odin, do you know where a yew tree might be?

If you wanna talk to Thor, have you tried inviting the giant next-door over for a barbeque with beer? He eats a ton.

And if ever you wanna talk to a horsefucking god of verse, then Check em, and realize just how Loki this place is.

Also, do not break your word if you can avoid it. That's the sin that causes the end of the world.
>>
>>17661910
OP you have to start meditating and empowering your chakras. Chakras heighten your senses and develop psychic powers. You won't be able to communicate with any gods for a while till you develop your astral senses. Till then you could pick up anything and believe it to be a god but it wont. trust me, ive had this happen to me all the time before.

Yoga helps a ton, start doing Hatha yoga and work your way up to Kundalini yoga. Yoga flexes the spine and is very empower to the chakras as well, especially when combined with chakra meditations/mantras,etc.

Meditate and the gods will see how you are trying, that is enough for them right there.
>>
>>17664014
But you just said

>There's a dfference between development and deciding

When you don't know, you have to develop.

And once again, assuming you are not close minded to the thoughts of gods existing, there is a bit of dialogue (literal, or metaphorical.) between the gods, and practitioners. If we do it and it works, it works. If it doesn't work, we try again.

The spiritual component is what matters to us. And many laws in religion are totally devoid of spiritual meaning, rather they were put in place by humans in power, to exercise control over followers.

And in most Pagan religions...rules were not all encompassing. One town/temple could practice one set of rules, then the town down the road was totally different.

Especially in Celtic Paganism, and in Hellenistic Paganism.

You're just acting like the spiritual component is nonexistent. If it is, or is not does not even matter either. If it doesn't exist...who cares? You aren't the one wasting time.

If it does exist, everything is between us and our gods, as it should be. If what we do is ok, we are shown it is ok. If not, we get nothing...or BTFO by our gods for being asshats.
>>
>>17662074
This right here is basically the ONLY thing that is truthful that people forget.. It is ALL about respecting everyone for whom they are n not trying to change them that's not your job.. stop posting scripture hoping to "convert" someone n learn what your book is trying to tell u..
>>
>>17663564
Maybe that's what calls to them.. I am mostly Scottish, and Cherokee so what do you think I follow? Hint it isn't Christianity
>>
>>17663894
Lol I'd rather worship a piece of poop than worship "allah".. oh.... Wait.
>>
>>17664042
I didn't say anything to you, I'm a different person. I agree that spiritual movement is more important than rules, but disagree with you that the pagans of old were freewheeling spiritual buffet-goers like neopagans are.

>One town/temple could practice one set of rules, then the town down the road was totally different

Localized dogma is still dogma.
>>
>>17664232
Ok then.
>>
>>17664232
>One town/temple could practice one set of rules, then the town down the road was totally different
>Localized dogma is still dogma.
In India to this day 1 town can be thousands of different religions and deities all living in the same community with different beliefs so id have to strongly disagree
>>
>>17664891
In America one town can be a bunch of different religions, too, and they will all practice their individual dogmas while getting along in public.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.