[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/DuFDxqcRwfY Does trepenation really work? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
https://youtu.be/DuFDxqcRwfY

Does trepenation really work? And if so where do I get one done?
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
Of course it does is just cheap lobotomy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy

António Egas Moniz got a nobel prize for developing lobotomy.

Also if you are dumb enough to consider this, you probably need some trepanation.
>>
File: homunculus_manga.jpg (98 KB, 726x400) Image search: [Google]
homunculus_manga.jpg
98 KB, 726x400
ofc

u can do it yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 526x526
Go on...
>>
>>17657750
btw this is from a manga called "homunculus"

it's rad as fuck and i would recommend it to anyone, manga fans or not

it's also /x/ material
>>
File: third_eye_open.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
third_eye_open.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>
>>17657738
No, it has nothing to do with that.

Research should be done, but wont. This is a good documentary, by the way, I watch it every few months. Anyone have similar docs?
>>
https://vimeo.com/6993504

A video attempting to recreat the lost Amanda Fielding footage.
>>
>>17657795
I can vouch for this
>>
There's a African tribe that does this as well. They claimed it has kept them healthy.
>>
Doesn't having a hole in your head make you extremely vulnerable to potential damage?
>>
>>17660428
Yeah, but how often does something fall on your head? Though when the skin is really thin and the hole is large, you need to protect your brain from the sun with a hat.
>>
Depressurising the brain allows more blood to flow to it increasing function. You basically get all your mental abilities boosted alot. Including perception, which naturally leads to more paranormal experiences
>>
>>17660735
sounds p noble think ill give it a shot
>>
>>17657561
I advise against it as it's an archaic and dangerous surgery, but you can get home trepenation kits off of eBay. Search for the term.

Also, it absolutely has nothing to do with labotomy.
>>
>>17657561
I need this like I need a hole in the head.
>>
>>17657561
A much better alternative is Nootropics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nootropics/wiki/beginners

I take Piracetam, antiracetam, modafinili and creatine and choline.

I also meditate and take vitamins, meditate and do physical activity for brain health.

Nigga you have no idea, cutting your skull to get more blood flow, and expand consciousness.

Nootropics you can make your brain use oxygen better and have everything transfer faster, and react in less time.
>>
>>17660845
It's nothing like that. What you are talking about is a drug with a temporary effect.
>>
>>17660853
Actually if nootropics are used in training and serious course work they do cause permanent changes.

One of the latest advances in nootropics called Semax, does cause permanent changes in blood flow, brain immune system, and oxygen flow.

In addition to everything I said, there are also studys saying that pregnant women who take some of the nootropics I said above. (non stimulants.) will have genetically smarter babies.

I can understand how you would think they would be ephemeral, with a Temp IQ boost. But it's just not the cause, there needs to be more research into it. People who take them all their lives start to retain the brain health.

But then again those who know don't really want everyone else having an advantage. So nm you are right forget I said this.
>>
>>17660867
If that Semax thing is true, this is in fact very interesting. However, I doubt that research will ever be done on a higher level, at least we wont be able to just buy it. Making such a substance available to the public could and would probably result in a caste society.
>>
>>17657795

one of my favorite mangas, really good read.
>>
>>17657561
Our skulls are there for a reason.

Would you want to drill a hole in the bottom of your boat? Would you want to drill a hole through your space suit in outer space?
>>
>>17660845
>>17660867
I was interested in this awhile ago but didn't delve too much into it as the nootropic drugs I were looking at were either illegal, controlled or not available.

What are the chances or is there any research that indicates that these drugs could potentially burn out the receptors they are acting on, other then semax.

Also, do you know exactly what semax does? There are substances that help grow the myelinal sheath in the brain resulting in better memory.
>>
>>17660937
>Would you want to drill a hole in the bottom of your boat? Would you want to drill a hole through your space suit in outer space?

yes
>>
File: pi-drill1.jpg (51 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
pi-drill1.jpg
51 KB, 500x302
>thread about drilling heads
>nobody posts pic related

cmon step it up

>its from a movie called Pi, really great, /x/ would dig it I think
>>
>>17660867

nigga you can't even structure your sentences right
>>
>>17663779
u r juss jellus
>>
>>17662102
>guy drills his head
>loses all his mad math skillz

it's a similar procedure but with a different (even can be said, opposite) result
>>
>>17657835
London
o
n
d
o
n
>>
>>17657561

It's what the Dremel was invented for.
>>
File: cestlavie.jpg (56 KB, 356x374) Image search: [Google]
cestlavie.jpg
56 KB, 356x374
>>17663779
>in trepanation thread
>on /x/
>on 4chan
>complains about sentence structure.

Millennials have no self-awareness
>>
>>17657561
>Does drilling a hole in my head give me super powers?

maybe you should try but with a gun.
>>
I watched that film just tonight. Go back and look at the credentials of those people. They're all artists or something.
I haven't seen any evidence that trepanation helps with anything really. I don't think it necessarily harms you, but you need it like you need a hole in your head.
>>
>>17657561
i dont get why its even considered now days. all you will get under the best of circumstances in lower blood pressure in the brain

why not just regulate your fluid intake for a week. you will end up with lower blood pressure
>>
>>17665014
>i dont get why its even considered now days

Because it works wonders for contusions or other injuries that cause brain swelling.

>Trepanation is a treatment used for epidural and subdural hematomas, and for surgical access for certain other neurosurgical procedures, such as intracranial pressure monitoring.

>why not just regulate your fluid intake for a week.
Because that won't help if you have a massive head injury.
>>
>>17664983
Well it's been proven to be done for thousands of years. As Huges said, there must be a reason why people did it and are still doing it.

I think it is unlikely that we will see it being done more often again in first world countries for at least 100 years, sadly. I have been researching trepanation for many years, but I still haven't found any doctor who will do it for me.
>>
>>17664983
On top of that some of the things they describe historically are flat out wrong.
>>
Wasn't this lost for god knows how long? I know it was shown at some art museum in the early 2010's
>>
>>17665268
To a certain extent.
>>
>>17667084
Because it is a useless medical procedure that does more damage than good.
>>
>>17666479
Do it to yourself, Anon.

Unless you're a pussy...
>>
>>17660735
My dad had an aneurysm and got his head drilled. If anything it made him more depressed about not being dead and stuff.
>>
>>17667094
I was talking about the video OP linked, which I thought to be the long lost movie "a heartbeat in the brain".
>>
>>17666485
Like what?
>>
>>17660845
Not only that they are illegal, they are also untested and some have dangerous effects. Heard of several that either cause rapid slag build up in the heart or one that metabolized into something that made the person grow aggressive cancer very quickly. I wouldnt do the experimental nootropics. Fish oil and l-theanine are safe tho
>>
>>17666479
There are tons of things that have been used for thousands of years that we stopped doing for pretty good reasons, like the theory of spontaneous animation, the Ptolemaic system, and swords. Something better comes along and we start to use that.
>>
>>17667491
>illegal
Lmao, some noots are FDA approved, others are widely used in armies around the world. You are talking out of your ass.

Piracetam was (and still is) widely used to treat aggressive forms of Alzheimer, Noopept is sold otc in Russia and is freely available on the internet. There were rumors about Adrafinil fucking with the liver, but it turned out that the higher enzyme numbers were comparable to taking antibiotics or painkillers, and it's unadvisable to take it more than twice a week, anyway.
>>
>>17662102
I remember seeing it a while back
Something about staring at the sun and being a math wizard obsessed with golden ratio before drilling head to lose his ability
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.